Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where are all the new people at?

I'm worried about subscriptions for new and returning players. Before WoD released, and before the pre-patch, we had lots of boosted n00bs messing up LFR runs. We started seeing old players returning to get ready for the expansion. Activity really went up and good times were had by all. I'm not seeing this happen at all this time around and it worries me. At this point I have decided to play my free 100 boost through Legion on a high population realm so I can see warm bodies from time to time. This leaves my mains abandoned on the realms they are currently on. I can't afford the xfers, so that is something I will just live with. Is anyone else seeing this same thing happening and are concerned about it? Have you contacted Blizzard to get their input? Any plans on doing this so the community can back you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I transferred a lot of my alts from dead realms to a mid/high pop realm. No problems here. Still busy as ever. Go by server activity, not lfr cross realm activity.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they wasted their one shot with a lot of that crowd, who returned last time.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Having realm transfer has been great in many ways but it's also created a lot of dead servers as once some people start leaving more will follow and after a while you'll have just a couple of servers that are filled with pretty much the entire population of the game at the moment.

This long between content patches is also an issue. There is the chance that a lot of people will come back once Legion hits so you can't just merge servers as some of them might just be filled to the brim with people as we saw with the WoD release.

Logging back in means facing Garrisons again. Don't tell me 'just ignore them' cause the rewards are too high to pass up on. So I rather not play until actual launch.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Logging back in means facing Garrisons again. Don't tell me 'just ignore them' cause the rewards are too high to pass up on. So I rather not play until actual launch.
    What rewards are those? I have 5 to level 3 and the only reason i occasionally touch them is for the free gold. What do they really give? The cache? One piece of random gear is kind of meh 9 months in to a raid tier and thats the only benefit I can see from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD spurned a lot of people, it was about as far from the hype as you could get. Personally, I'm waiting until after launch (unless I get into beta to see class changes, this is really a make or break deal). I want to see reactions, and I also want to avoid launch day crashing and the boredom of staring at the login screen. A week or two after launch and all the rushers will be done with or far enough ahead in questing that it will be a much more enjoyable experience anyways.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    What rewards are those? I have 5 to level 3 and the only reason i occasionally touch them is for the free gold. What do they really give? The cache? One piece of random gear is kind of meh 9 months in to a raid tier and thats the only benefit I can see from it.
    So much gold it easily pays for subscription, but i despise every second of it. All the wardrobe ready boe greens/blues/purple's in existence, mailed circularly between various alts that existed for the sole purpose of being a mail receiver/bouncer. I let it all lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Getting enough gold to pay for the sub fee

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a question that's impossible to answer,for anyone here,anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Getting enough gold to pay for the sub fee
    This will be gone in Legion, so enjoy it now while it lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was shit, old players don't want to come back because, again, it's shit... Possible new players are being advised by pretty much everyone to just wait for Legion because WoD isn't worth it... Also Legion doesn't come out for 3 months, wait for the prepatch to drop, you'll see more people again, but even still, most will be waiting for the xpack to actually launch because even with the prepatch, WoD is still WoD, and WoD sucks.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I think they wasted their one shot with a lot of that crowd, who returned last time.
    A thousand times this. Marketed easily the worst expansion in the games history as "BC 2.0" and we (at least I) fell for it. Warlords sounded interesting at the announcement Blizzcon, figured screw it I'll try it. Ironically, Legion sounded interesting at the announcement. Fool me once...

You'll see the usual sub surge from expansion launches, and then get ready for it to dip even further than it has now.

Waiting for pre-patch to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I'm worried about subscriptions for new and returning players. Before WoD released, and before the pre-patch, we had lots of boosted n00bs messing up LFR runs. We started seeing old players returning to get ready for the expansion. Activity really went up and good times were had by all. I'm not seeing this happen at all this time around and it worries me. At this point I have decided to play my free 100 boost through Legion on a high population realm so I can see warm bodies from time to time. This leaves my mains abandoned on the realms they are currently on. I can't afford the xfers, so that is something I will just live with. Is anyone else seeing this same thing happening and are concerned about it? Have you contacted Blizzard to get their input? Any plans on doing this so the community can back you?
    between overwatch and legion beta.. dont expect to see many...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are over on Kronos,,,being thankful they are not sitting in a garrison.
    Operation Red Wing

They are all sucking my dick.

Deleted
    I'm worried
    Relax. It's a videogame. No need to worry.
    Worry about Syrian children drowning in the mediterranean, worry about Trump becoming president and the U.S fucking up the world even more. Worry about the right-wing radicalization of Europe.

Don't worry about WoW. It'll be ok.

Some are quite possibly waiting to see how Blizzard handles Legacy implementation.

With all the attention, it's actually decent advertising .. along with skepticism for any future expansions. Word of mouth got this game going in 2004. It can do the same to slow down business for Blizzard. It has. It is. It will in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    ^ very few. o.O

I've seen 5 people "return" in Trade, and a couple more on this forum. Apparently more will show up if you're looking for them, and as we approach the expansion.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.