Question Righteous Retreat Macro

I figure if I'm going to use Glyph of Righteous Retreat, there's no reason not to cast Divine Shield every time I plan to hearth just so the cast time on Hearth will be faster. And if I'm going to use the two together every time, I may as well macro them right? Divine Shield is instant, so I expected this to work fine, but it doesn't. What am I missing? I can make it a cast sequence macro, but why should I have to? Why doesn't it work as is?

#showtooltip Garrison Hearthstone
    /cast Divine Shield
    /use Garrison Hearthstone

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Divine Shield is instant, but it still causes a GCD, so it is impossible to make a single click bubblehearth macro. I'm pretty sure what you have there will work if you just spam click it, but I've never tried that macro and after searching many old posts, no one has confirmed if it works or why it doesn't. You'll just have to use castsequence.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Divine Shield is instant, but it still causes a GCD, so it is impossible to make a single click bubblehearth macro. I'm pretty sure what you have there will work if you just spam click it, but I've never tried that macro and after searching many old posts, no one has confirmed if it works or why it doesn't. You'll just have to use castsequence.
    To prevent single-button rotation macros, macros always attempt to cast the first ability in the macro that uses a GCD (as well as all non-GCD-consuming abilities), regardless of whether it's on cooldown or not. So spam-clicking that macro will always attempt to cast Divine Shield.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Code:
    #showtooltip Hearthstone
    /castsequence reset=8 Divine Shield, Hearthstone
    That's the macro I use on my paladin. It does take two clicks though.