Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Party picture from Swedish Police, gives very mixed reactions on social media.

The police in Huddinge, south of Stockholm, posted a few pictures from a party on their facebook page, one of them was this

https://m.facebook.com/Polisen.Huddinge/

Replies ranges from "wtf no wonder you get no respect!" To "great youre having fun, youre the best!"

What do you think? Was it a bad idea to show the pictures on their public fb page?

oh no police officers are having fun when not at work.

Deleted
    Retarded police.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh no police officers are having fun when not at work.
    Keep that stuff on your private facebook if it's not related to your job, don't use the public police facebook account for that shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think its nice for people to see these guys are people too. i think most oftedn all they see is the badge and they get treated as just a badge. no decency as a human being anymore.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Keep that stuff on your private facebook if it's not related to your job, don't use the public police facebook account for that shit.
    Eh, I don't know about that. Part of the police job is community outreach and being viewed as accessible and approachable. Showing that they can be relaxed and have fun could be some brand building effort that is very much related to being able to do their job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Eh, I don't know about that. Part of the police job is community outreach and being viewed as accessible and approachable. Showing that they can be relaxed and have fun could be some brand building effort that is very much related to being able to do their job.
    They're showing themselves to be a joke instead of showing themselves as accessible and/or approachable.

Deleted
    Eh, I don't know about that. Part of the police job is community outreach and being viewed as accessible and approachable.
    I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're showing themselves to be a joke instead of showing themselves as accessible and/or approachable.
    Well...that's your opinion. Not quite sure why this indicated to you that they are incapable of doing their job.

Other people would see this, laugh, and feel more comfortable that the police they rely on are actual people who can have a bit of fun.

Of course this could be entirely cultural -- the police in the US have a very very bad reputation. Might be different in your neck of the woods.

a joke? what they're not being manly enough? should they be drinking beers and beating people? and arm wrestling?

Deleted
    Of course this could be entirely cultural -- the police in the US have a very very bad reputation. Might be different in your neck of the woods.
    "Cultural"? No, it's not cultural, they're a joke, that's what it is. The police are supposed to be a professional group, their facebook account should be used for professional matters - not what they do in their own free time. The police are not supposed to be your friends, they are there to ensure that laws are being followed and that people who break the law are arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

a joke? what they're not being manly enough? should they be drinking beers and beating people? and arm wrestling?
    I wouldn't care if they had posted it on their own personal facebook profiles, they shouldn't be using the official police facebook profile for their free time endeavors.

I wouldn't care if they had posted it on their own personal facebook profiles, they shouldn't be using the official police facebook profile for their free time endeavors.
    nono you do care, as you said they're a joke, why are they a joke? i mean what if they were in uniform in free time, what exactly is your problem with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a silly photo I see nothing wrong with it.

Deleted
    "Cultural"? No, it's not cultural, they're a joke, that's what it is. The police are supposed to be a professional group, their facebook account should be used for professional matters - not what they do in their own free time. The police are not supposed to be your friends, they are there to ensure that laws are being followed and that people who break the law are arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

The local police facebook account isn't something "official" they can post whatever they like on it. Personally I think this is a good idea, makes people see the faces behind the uniform. We have had a lot of problem recently where young kids are made to hate the police, criminal groups demonizing the uniform. If youngsters knows who the police are it is easier for them to relate with the officers and see past just the uniform.

Ofcourse angry internet idiots who never spend any time outside of their flat won't relise this, you just want your burly strong officer to go back to beating up the hippies right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The police are not supposed to be your friends, they are there to ensure that laws are being followed and that people who break the law are arrested.
    Ever think that attitudes like this are why people dislike and fear the police? Police want to be viewed as approachable so they get cooperation in investigations and have people not afraid to bring potential law violations to their attention.

Unless you want the police to be like the military -- in which case I think you have a very frightening vision of what society should be like.

Deleted
    nono you do care, as you said they're a joke, why are they a joke? i mean what if they were in uniform in free time, what exactly is your problem with this.
    Read what she wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this. STuff like this does serve an actual use, in that it gets people to regard the police as just another normal human instead of KILL MACHINES to be feared.

Deleted
    I see no problem with them having a laugh. They dont want a rep for being macho, they want to come across as normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    Read what she wrote.
    i did but she's not really explaining why they are a joke, police can't post pictures of themselves outside of work? they have to be ultra serious and terrifying?

also seeing replies on this thread so far it seem she is in the minority and most people are happy with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Retarded police.

Yes, because we should have to hide literally anything that labels as us "different" from the socialized norm.

What and whom is it exactly harming that the police posted his photo? A few sexist morons trying to shit on fun? Yeah, that's what I thought. We already have plenty of people like you in the world, so a few more shitting on fun won't hurt in the long run.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    nono you do care, as you said they're a joke, why are they a joke?
    What part of that post was hard for you to understand?