10+ Year Old Account

Firefox and MMOC

I am constantly getting unresponsive script errors while visiting the site. To the point where it locks up the application.

Runs great while view in private window, but I can't stay logged in.

Thoughts? I can't run chrome... its complicated, but for the sake of argument just accept that I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I am constantly getting unresponsive script errors while visiting the site. To the point where it locks up the application.

Thoughts? I can't run chrome... its complicated, but for the sake of argument just accept that I can't.
    Firefox is still a thing? I haven't used that in years. When it first came out, it had a ton of great features but they were all stolen in the next internet explorer build.

Might have something to do with the ads MMO-C is running in the background on the side panels now. Are you using an adblocker? Have you tried whitelisting MMO-C to see if that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Firefox is still a thing? I haven't used that in years. When it first came out, it had a ton of great features but they were all stolen in the next internet explorer build.
    Yes.... IE is still bad. Chrome - well it's okay, not ideal for its own reasons and personal preferences

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Might have something to do with the ads MMO-C is running in the background on the side panels now. Are you using an adblocker? Have you tried whitelisting MMO-C to see if that works?
    I've personally tried this and still get odd issues with MMO Champ - the initial load hangs for about 6 seconds, then loads normally. Also still get the ocassional virus warning from ads from MMO Champ.

-Grim

I only use Firefox on MMOC, no problems. We haven't made any changes to the site in a while, maybe some browser extension is causing it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Works fine, for me, and was the easier way to enter the contest.

Tor a try? *shrug*
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

if it's running well in a private window then it's likely a crash caused by one of your plugins. IIRC, Firefox (and chrome) disable extensions when you go private (because said extensions could have thier own means of tracking or logging history).

Try running in safe mode and see if you get the same errors...
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-safe-mode

If not then it's 100% a plugin or other outside factor (like malware)

Never had problems with firefox and mmo-c, infact i can't remember the last website i had a problem with firefox browsing

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to use no script and see if you still get a problem.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Don't use adblockers, block them in your hosts file, firefox rules, but even intershit explorer still works this way, this works with any O/S what are they teaching you at school these days ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Use Opera.
    Best wrong answer ever, it was relevant in pre-millennium phone browsing. rofl, no idea
    Last edited by mmoc82018c8e40; 2016-05-27 at 05:11 PM.

I noticed some issues about...a month or so ago. Only when I go to the main MMO-C front page (I have a bookmark for the forums and usually just go straight to them with that). If I go to the front page, Firefox becomes unresponsive for about 10-15 seconds, then the page loads normally.

I'm sure it's probably an addon or something since a lot of others who use Firefox don't seem to have the problem, but I don't visit the main page enough to make troubleshooting it a priority. I've also dicked around with some of the config stuff a bit and have FF set to always be in private mode, so that might have something to do with it in my case.

I did try it in IE once (I don't use IE at all, so it's pretty much the generic IE11 with no customization/addons), and it works fine from there.

/shrug. I still love Firefox and have been a happy user for several years now. Until Chrome (or some other browser) gives me a reason to switch, I'm perfectly happy with FF + NoScript/ABP/Ghostery.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-30 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsohot View Post
    Don't use adblockers, block them in your hosts file, firefox rules, but even intershit explorer still works this way, this works with any O/S what are they teaching you at school these days ?

- - - Updated - - -

Best wrong answer ever, it was relevant in pre-millennium phone browsing. rofl, no idea
    I just have most of the browsers installed on my computer, makes it easier to figure out when a browser/site/internet in general is failing.

Deleted
    I've had the same problem on both my pc's firefox and my nokia lumia phone for a long time. Haven't found a solution for my phone but if you have the plugin NoScript for firefox and either block the script mmo-Champion if you want to allow scripts globally or just never make an exception for it if you are keeping all scripts blocked then it gets around the problem.

No problem here, although I get those unresponsive script messages quite a lot when I have activated Video Download Helper or Firebug and leave the computer alone for a few hours. Without addons I never experienced that.

Deleted
    Well if it is a firefox addon here is a list of mine so you can cross-reference with yours to see if there are any we both use which could be the cause of this script problem;

Adblock plus
    adblock plus popup addon
    elementhiding helper for adblock plus
    noscript
    block site
    WOT

omnibar
    all-in-one gestures
    add to searchbar
    Status-4-evar
    custom tab width
    speed dial

Akari link shortener
    Always on top
    bing-google
    facebook disconnect
    FlashGot
    GreaseMonkey
    update scanner

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to necro this but new development.

My adobe flash player while visiting MMOC is using 1-4% CPU and almost 1GB of memory. Does that help sort out my issue?

Not really, as far as I know only ads use flash, but no one else is reporting any issue.

No problems with Firefox on MMOC - both on 32-bit and 64-bit (yeah, I was waiting for it and they released one silently, so I missed it) versions - Firefox consumes 400-500MB memory only. Flash isn't even running. But I have AdBlock installed and it can explain it all. Because I have similar problems on my smartphone, where I don't have AdBlock: due to some reasons MMOC causes mobile browser hangs and crashes, while all other sites work perfectly. And I have always been suspecting flash, as cause of this problems.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-08-05 at 04:19 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been experiencing the same problem with most pages that use flash for the last week or so with firefox as well, not too sure what's changed. Granted, I usually use No-Script - and when it's enabled it's a non-issue.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.