Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This is the reason that despite what ? 6-8 months of beta i refused to buy the game.

A few friends bought it, played a couple of hours the other day and voila.

Exactly the reasons i would never buy Overwatch in every single match

People that never switch heroes.

No concept of teamplay.

Wrong picks in wrong maps <--Yes this exists!

I simply dont understand the term "Fun" if you are useless and die 24/7.

I guess pretty pixels and running around equals fun?
    Last edited by potis; 2016-05-28 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Hey man I changed heroes like 6 times that game. We didn't lose because people changed / didn't change heroes. We lost because they were BETTER than us!
    It's both. People usually want to blame someone else when things don't go well. Sometimes people are overly attached to a specific hero (this is very true of the offensive heroes). However, a lot of times the game is lost because the other team is just better.

People need to seriously chill out about this whole switching characters and working as a team. The game has been out for less then a week. Most people are still feeling out the game, learning the very basics of any given hero, learning how to navigate any given map. When people start getting comfortable people will get more comfortable with changing heroes, or using voice chat or just knowing which hero to switch to for any given map/role/counter.

However, give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This is the reason that despite what ? 6-8 months of beta i refused to buy the game.

A few friends bought it, played a couple of hours the other day and voila.

Exactly the reasons i would never buy Overwatch in every single match

People that never switch heroes.

No concept of teamplay.

Wrong picks in wrong maps <--Yes this exists!

I simply dont understand the term "Fun" if you are useless and die 24/7.

I guess pretty pixels and running around equals fun?
    You refuse to buy the game because some players didn't play Beta, and is using the first week of the game to play around with heros, testing them out and not focusing 100% on winning every match? Hmm ok.
    And as with every online team based game, there is those who are worse at the game than others, it will all even out in the end, most people aren't even level 20 yet, and ranked haven't started.

I don't get people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to level 25 and only play ranked games then you can complain about this. Quick play is just casual gaming for people who don't mind real opponents, you're going to get all kinds in there. Just deal with it.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Get to level 25 and only play ranked games then you can complain about this. Quick play is just casual gaming for people who don't mind real opponents, you're going to get all kinds in there. Just deal with it.
    Indeed, just as it is with every game, take LoL for instance. Normal games are full of trolls testing out wierd shit and having a laugh. Why would Overwatch be any different? And why would people even care about going 100% for wins the first week of the game.
    I know for a fact that I focus more on trying all the heros, than winning every game. And then I won't change heros every match.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You refuse to buy the game because some players didn't play Beta, and is using the first week of the game to play around with heros, testing them out and not focusing 100% on winning every match? Hmm ok.
    And as with every online team based game, there is those who are worse at the game than others, it will all even out in the end, most people aren't even level 20 yet, and ranked haven't started.

I don't get people like you.
    Unless you are 12 years old your post doesnt make sense.

Apart from a few abilities, not even heroes, they have all been done before/similar bla bla in some previous game.

I refuse to buy the game because its too tactical for the average Blizzard gamer.

Beta had ranked too, remember? It was nothing to do with ranked and when the game came out.

The game is way too tactical, it requires actual brain functions that the average gamer of "I WILL GO ONLINE AND SHOOT PEOPLE WITH MY PIXELS".

Ranked wont make any difference, the latest hack will dominate as in every FPS game, maybe a tournament or two will be fun to watch but we are talking about Blizzard.

Game has only been out for a week, of course people will still suck, especially when trying new heroes, or whatever.

But having Bastion's on offense, with a couple of snipers defending our spawn point, completely oblivious to the objective, tilts the fuck out of me.

Hero changing, not really a problem in my eyes.. not playing the objective is more the thing that makes me grit my teeth. A kill count is nice and all, but even without killing a single player just jumping on the objective for a second or two could give your team the chance to come back and win the match.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Game has only been out for a week, of course people will still suck, especially when trying new heroes, or whatever.

But having Bastion's on offense, with a couple of snipers defending our spawn point, completely oblivious to the objective, tilts the fuck out of me.

Ding ding ding.

What do you people think. I just got rekt in a match. We lost tons of time because of a bastion at a tricky location with mercy healing. We had widowmaker and genji. I waited for a while for them to deal with. Eventually they wouldn't or couldn't do anything about it. Should I have just immediately switched to genji or widowmaker myself and deal with it quickly and while at it have two widowmakers on attack or two genjis.

This was ofc solo queue in quickmatch so good performance isn't expected, but I still hoped they would deal with it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Hey man I changed heroes like 6 times that game. We didn't lose because people changed / didn't change heroes. We lost because they were BETTER than us!
    You as solo palyer haev 0 impact on the game if your team just ignore enemy tem comp you will loss no matter how many times you hcange your hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, just as it is with every game, take LoL for instance. Normal games are full of trolls testing out wierd shit and having a laugh. Why would Overwatch be any different? And why would people even care about going 100% for wins the first week of the game.
    I know for a fact that I focus more on trying all the heros, than winning every game. And then I won't change heros every match.
    Yeah, my friends and I have been screwing around playing double/triple of random heroes and it's actually been a blast. Have to say triple Junk Rat on defense is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    What do you people think. I just got rekt in a match. We lost tons of time because of a bastion at a tricky location with mercy healing. We had widowmaker and genji. I waited for a while for them to deal with. Eventually they wouldn't or couldn't do anything about it. Should I have just immediately switched to genji or widowmaker myself and deal with it quickly and while at it have two widowmakers on attack or two genjis.

This was ofc solo queue in quickmatch so good performance isn't expected, but I still hoped they would deal with it...
    As someone who plays mercy a crap ton, I find it incredibly fun to pump my damage boost into a sneaky bastion at the very start and watch him just mow down an unorganized team before they know what's happening lol... That or Reaper <3
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-05-28 at 05:17 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its amusing to see people critisize your skill based on your "level".

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Unless you are 12 years old your post doesnt make sense.

Apart from a few abilities, not even heroes, they have all been done before/similar bla bla in some previous game.

I refuse to buy the game because its too tactical for the average Blizzard gamer.

Beta had ranked too, remember? It was nothing to do with ranked and when the game came out.

The game is way too tactical, it requires actual brain functions that the average gamer of "I WILL GO ONLINE AND SHOOT PEOPLE WITH MY PIXELS".

Ranked wont make any difference, the latest hack will dominate as in every FPS game, maybe a tournament or two will be fun to watch but we are talking about Blizzard.
    You still make zero sense, but ok. You actually just sounds like some Blizzard hater at the moment. The game is great, and playing with randoms really isn't all too bad, sure some suck and some dont, just as in every game there have ever been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah, my friends and I have been screwing around playing double/triple of random heroes and it's actually been a blast. Have to say triple Junk Rat on defense is pretty fun.

As someone who plays mercy a crap ton, I find it incredibly fun to pump my damage boost into a sneaky bastion at the very start and watch him just mow down an unorganized team before they know what's happening lol... That or Reaper <3
    Double Soldier is amazing fun aswell, such a stupid hero.

We've done some Bastion/Reinhardt/Mercy starts, just camping the entrance as the defence side. So much fun and it gives us a minute or two of a lead. Then the Bastion player just swap to something that works after moving the payload starts, like Junkrat or McCree.

10+ Year Old Account

We've done some Bastion/Reinhardt/Mercy starts, just camping the entrance as the defence side. So much fun and it gives us a minute or two of a lead. Then the Bastion player just swap to something that works after moving the payload starts, like Junkrat or McCree.
    We went up against a team that was 5 soldier and 1 mercy. we ended up winning, but god that was such a rough match I had to plan my moves so carefully because it was constant "I got you in my sights". The other one we went up against was 2 bastions and 3 torbs on defense, they were kicking our asses until everyone rushed in and a few made it around a corner just as they died so I was able to mass rez and get a foothold, but there are some crazy fun combos out there lol.

Reminds me of the other night when me and 5 other friends queued and we were just messing around. Ran an all McCree party did semi-ok, map was meh for it though. Did a Soldier 76 and with self healing and constant Ults ended up winning. Along with other random stuff like that.

BTW all 6 players being Mei in Arcade mode meant we had the other team walled up in their base the entire time.

Basically OP if you don't like how people play then you either need to make friends and join them, get to 25 and wait for Ranked where people will take it more seriously. Otherwise Quick Play you'll have people playing all kinds of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

I actually play a pretty good offensive Bastion.

Pick Symmetra on offense often. Top dmg, kills and obj kills or at least silver medals in about half of those games. Not gonna listen to a butthurt McCree who has 1 elimination after 3 minutes say it's my fault we haven't won yet :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I tried today offensive Torbjörn. :I

It was one of the china maps, cant remember name. I felt like I failed terribly since I died easily and it was hard to get turret upgraded. Yet, I noticed that I apparently was highest dmg, highest kills and highest objective kills. Maybe it does work.
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-05-28 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I tried today offensive Torbjörn. :I

It was one of the china maps, cant remember name. I felt like I failed terribly since I died easily and it was hard to get turret upgraded. Yet, I noticed that I apparently was highest dmg, highest kills and highest objective kills. Maybe it does work.
    There's weird things Ive seen that work at times. I have friends that play that think snipers on cap point maps are dumb, but I've played some decent and seen others play them well and keep an enemy team held back long enough to cap the point. Works even better on unorganized groups or tanks that aren't Rein, but I've still kept them off points long enough to let my team revive and reassault.