Poll: Do you agreee with Trump's newly releases energy plan?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you agree with Trump's newly released energy plan ?

So Presidential Candidate Donald Trump just released his energy plan for America

Link: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...st-energy-plan

A quick summary that I gathered from reading his speech :

• He wants to repudiate Obama's climate change plan. (No alternative proposed)
    • He wants to drill more oil and gas, despite the usa being the biggest producer of oil in the world surpassing Saudi Arabia (1)
    • He wants to revitalize the coal industry by rejecting EPA, a series of regulations made for clean air. However he fails to realize that natural gas has an advantage over coal (thus making coal less desirable) and in a previous point he said he was going to increase the production of natural gas
    • He fully embraces the idea of solar and wind energy, but doesn't want it to replace oil
    • He wants clean air and clean water, however considering above statements, specially the rejection of EPA; its worth noting that EPA has been a succes(2) in reducing american air pollution, it seems unlikely.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his whole proposal seems to contradict itself. Nontheless do you agree? If you do/don't please explain why.

(1) http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=26352
    (2)

Image taken from : http://www.stateoftheair.org/2014/as...2014-Full.pdfc

PD: I'm practicing citing sources, so if the format is wrong please correct me (footnotes)(MLA )
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-05-28 at 09:48 AM.

Stupid from top to bottom. Like actually stupid.

Coal... really coal... we're going to go back to mining and burning that godawful resource? Just when we're starting to wind that down?

How about this: Solar, Nuclear, LNG. Wind where it is desirable.

I'm all for drilling for more oil... to keep the horrible places in the world (you know who) poor and weak and unstable. But car companies have seen the future, and they're going electric no matter what any President does.

This country needs to build nuclear at an industrial rate. It's as simple as that.

Maybe I'm not getting the whole picture, but it seems to me that any time Trump opens his mouth he sounds like a complete moron. It baffles me that anyone would vote for him.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

His plan is more about getting votes than an energy plan.

Hillary is not far off, she wants to protect coal too.

It's just election year shenanigans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    His plan is more about getting votes than an energy plan.

Hillary is not far off, she wants to protect coal too.

It's just election year shenanigans.
    If you read his actual speech he states its quite the contrary:

Here is what Hillary Clinton said earlier this year: “We are going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of work.”

First time I've visited his website, is it always endless one line sentences? Gave me a bit of a headache; reads like a children's book.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Pollution is already a big problem for the US, this is a delusional plan, it would require filtering technology we do not have yet and it is not sustainable in any way. It's just more random rambling from a man who doesn't seem to have the slightest idea what is required of him to be president.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    First time I've visited his website, is it always endless one line sentences? Gave me a bit of a headache; reads like a children's book.
    I'm practicing MLA sourcing, so I thought it would be better to put it in a list, before going to an actual research paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad people takes him serious, the common man especially. This is kind of funny with all the building a wall talk, who the hell does he think is gonna take jobs mining coal? Most likely illegal immigrants...

The whole clean air thing lol...that's just an attempt to catch the eye of the stupid environment nuts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump is very low energy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Trump is very low energy.
    He's over the top too much energy, he is worse for riling up ignorant white folks than Obama was for ignorant black folks. It's such a similar campaigning plan. just opposite races, Puuuuuuuuure bullshit, but hyped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he actually creates a plan, and not just braggadocio, then maybe he can talk about energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Does a president even have a say in how much oil and gas is being drilled? Or are we talking about some law that puts a restriction on it that he wants to remove or change?

Also coal? I thought most of us went away from coal, not purely because of politics, but more so that it simply wasn't efficient enough or worth the cost?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2016-05-28 at 10:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Russia and China will perform bandaid climate change measures, so should we. We have nothing to prove being one of the worlds smallest populations, least polluters, going more so at the cost of the livelihood of people living here. To many fucking retards think that if america stops doing it, the rest of the world will. Maybe to to some degree at the extent we are at, but nah.

Carbon credits are what the globalists want, that means we don't drill, mine or harvest lumber and the elites get paid for it. Trump thinks we should be harvesting our nations bounty and I agree with him. There is a huge market for what we have and if we don't make money off of it some other country will.

What I understand is he wants to remove regulations and bureaucracy (the things those other filthy people support). And let the energy market be free or something, while also ensuring energy independence from the OPEC.
    The regulation test (is this good for the American worker) seems lackluster and excessively vague. It doesn't even comment on efficiency, or the cost for the consumer.
    It doesn't comment on cogeneration, public or individual transport, building renewal, street lightning improvements.
    It does go into violent crime, political correctness, the 2nd amendment.

Sounds like a lot of bull, if you ask me. But some bits are amusing: Policy decisions will be public and transparent. They won’t be made on Hillary’s private email account.
    This is not a plan but a declaration of intent (make America Wealthy again). Which is fine early on the election process. I personally think it's time they produce something a bit more specific, but I'll let that be decided by American voters.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-05-28 at 10:59 AM.

Solar will be cheap enough to make coal and oil largely obsolete within 20 years, so there's nothing wrong with making a little more cash now from our coal and oil deposits before they get seriously devalued. Any impact on the environment will be negligible and it just makes us energy independent that much sooner. Plus it gives union workers a little boost too. I see nothing wrong.

Liberal complaints are predicated on the notion that solar will never replace fossil fuels, but if we observe the charts and projections of future solar progress, that is an outright lie.

The CORE hypocrisy of liberals on global warming is that they fully embrace projections 100 years out when it comes to global temperature increases, but attack projections decades in the future when it comes to the growth of the solar marketplace. You can't have both. You can't cherry pick projections to suit your agenda. And if you embrace the solar power projections (as you SHOULD as a rational human being, right?) you quickly realize that global warming is a lie because solar will wipe out fossil fuel usage in the 2030s.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2016-05-28 at 11:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    What I understand is he wants to remove regulations and bureaucracy (the things those other filthy people support). And let the energy market be free or something, while also ensuring energy independence from the OPEC.
    The regulation test (is this good for the American worker) seems lackluster and excessively vague. It doesn't even comment on efficiency, or the cost for the consumer.
    It doesn't comment on cogeneration, public or individual transport, building renewal, street lightning improvements.
    It does go into violent crime, political correctness, the 2nd amendment.

Sounds like a lot of bull, if you ask me. But some bits are amusing: Policy decisions will be public and transparent. They won’t be made on Hillary’s private email account.
    He is basically entrusting companies to be good to the enviroment by themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Solar will be cheap enough to make coal and oil largely obsolete within 20 years, so there's nothing wrong with making a little more cash now from our coal and oil deposits before they get seriously devalued. Any impact on the environment will be negligible and it just makes us energy independent that much sooner.
    Yeah and I agree on that, but then he says he want clean air and water, yet if you read his speech, he doesn't mention any type of policy regarding it. Also no do some research, solar power is already cheaper than coal http://www.sciencealert.com/india-says-the-cost-of-solar-power-is-now-cheaper-than-coal

Also his plans on how to revive the coal industry is contradictory, because natural gas has market advantage, so to save oil he would have to cut natural gas and coal would be more predominant, yet he will continue to drill for more natural gas effectively doing a whole bunch of nothing, excpet remove regulations from companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    solar power is already cheaper than coal
    He's not running for president in India, though.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't understand the notion for wanting to go back to using coal power... :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!