Thread: Tanks In Legion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Fuck that, Tank is my favourite thing to play in PvP. It just needs to be done right.

If Blizzard ever completely removed Tanks from PvP they would have to do it for healers as well.
    Every time they tried to make tanks "viable" they ended up being overpowered or garbage. In the current wow pvp tanks fit in nowhere.

Heck how did you even "play" tanks in pvp? They were nothing for many expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Every time they tried to make tanks "viable" they ended up being overpowered or garbage. In the current wow pvp tanks fit in nowhere.

Heck how did you even "play" tanks in pvp? They were nothing for many expansions
    I play(ed) a lot of Blood DK and Brewmaster in MoP. Haven't played PvP at all in WoD.

I play Swtor a ton and that game has a great Tank PvP system.

Nerf the tanks to the ground.

To make tanks viable they would have to give back many of the things pruned from DPS for some level of parity.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I play(ed) a lot of Blood DK and Brewmaster in MoP. Haven't played PvP at all in WoD.

I play Swtor a ton and that game has a great Tank PvP system.
    Interesting. Maybe Warcraft can take some inspiration from them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Interesting. Maybe Warcraft can take some inspiration from them.
    They have kind of a bit with the new PvP talents. In Swtor taunting an Enemey makes them do 50% less damage to any target other than you for 6 secs, you can also put a guard on other people so that you take 50% of the damage they take. You can also use your long CD aoe taunt to reduce all player damage within its range for a few seconds. On the scoreboard there is damage done, Healing done, and protection done.

Agree with u, the only way tanks will become viable in Arena is if they become OP (not sure if u remember Wrath Prot Pallies and full armor pen Prot Wars). However, i can see Tanks viable in RBGs as an FC (if their survival is good enough in PvP) and as a nod holder, if they get some type of long immunity to incoming CC in order to be better than Hunter or Rogue.

P.S. totally agree with you in regards of that Enh Shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's never been as bad as it was in WoD. And the same thing is happening now where they were open early on a few months before going live they went quiet even though beta was still in full swing and testing was going on.
    Cataclysm Warrior and release DK are likely the two most broken things that have ever existed in this game - both far more severe than being ignored in WoD. Worst part is, these were *both* talked about on the forums for *months* before release. After the final tuning numbers - there was a MASSIVE outcry from the PVP community about how overpowered War still was. Of course, it went live and proceeded to 1shot people for *OVER A MONTH* until it FINALLY got toned down.

OT: Pally still has meh mobility from what I've seen/heard.

IMO Tanks should be like they are in League of Legends. Disruptors and high AoE damage but low single target damage. They're already designed for high AoE damage, just add more CC into their kits and reduce single target damage. Tanks have a place - and it's not on top of the meters, but protecting their team.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-06-11 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly I'd rate them: Warrior > DK > Demon Hunter > Pally > Druid (I fecking hate any none healz droods). My reasoning here is the warrriors feel like the bulky, bread and butter tank while DKs and DHs just bring amazing self heals / utility to compensate for their lack of survivability. I won't count BM Monks as I see it they completely ruined all identity of the monks for Legion and anyone still willing to play it must be damaged human beings. While paladins are awesome atm I don't like the way they work as to me it doesn't feel very paladin like. While the playstyle of the druids is great I wouldn't touch them with a stick... Filthy wannabe tankish resto bastards.

Deleted
    #NerfsTanks
    All Tanks PvP is I-N-S-A-N-E !!!

Demon Hunter tanking is looking very promising to be honest, definitely check that out.