Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Godwin's law is pretty obvious from just common sense. Hitler is widely recognized as the biggest villain in human history, so of course he is brought up a lot in arguments. Not even only online. It hardly warrants a warning though, since it is a basic human behavior, to compare everything to what they already know and remember.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why are people proud of a short attention span and lack of comprehensive skills that they even need to post about it?
    Twitter/Facebook era, eh...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

First off, it's not a law. It's a common practice. Two different things.

Second, who cares? Does having that attached to your name really dignify you? That's extremely pointing out the obvious. It's like saying grass is green or the sky is blue. The reason it's used so much, is because hitler was the worst world villian in the last 130 years ish. 300 years from now I doubt it will have any more significance than the crusades or whatever when brought up in discussion to prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why are people proud of a short attention span and lack of comprehensive skills that they even need to post about it?

- - - Updated - - -
    Is there anyway we can check that dudes instagram. Bet he selfied all over his account while he was posting.

I use Godwin's law as a moral guide. "Don't post bout Hitler, don't post about HItler...". Not too fussed on whether it is true or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I use Godwin's law as a moral guide. "Don't post bout Hitler, don't post about HItler...". Not too fussed on whether it is true or not.
    But you just did!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I always wondered isn't that true for every word known to humans? Not only Hitler or Nazi.

I mean I'm sure if a thread goes long enough and there are no restrictions on forums, some one will use the word ass. Should I introduce the ass law now?
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-05-29 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    I always wondered isn't that true for every word known to humans? Not only Hitler or Nazi.

I mean I'm sure if a thread goes long enough and there are no restrictions on forums, some one will use the word ass. Should I introduce the ass law now?
    This is more akin to the "infinite monkey theorem". Godwin's Law is a bit different... The world "Hitler" arguably emerges in discussions, especially political ones, more often than the word "ass".

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post

TBF things deserve comparison when there's a comparison to be made, are feminists comparable to Hitler? ofcourse not, is a fascist leader who blames society's problems on minority's a valid comparison? ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You shouldn't get a law named after you until your dead, IMO.
    Not how it works. You discover something...you get to name it.

I wonder if the 1984 peak is hit before the Godwin peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasyo4 View Post
    I did Nazi that coming
    Oh you Minx

10+ Year Old Account
    An even better law is Yoma's Law, which states that by clicking the first link on any combination of Wikipedia pages inevitable and invariably tends towards Philosophy.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."