Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

[showerthought] I don't get why PC gaming fanboys hate consoles & console exclusives

They can afford a $700 video card ... What is a $350 PS4 to them?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    The purchase of a console, would have them kicked out of the PC master race party and they would even have their party pin taken!

Nazi jokes are best when they are subtle

If they feel PC is a superior platform, they don't want to play games on an inferior one. They wish it were on PC, so it would be better.

Because somewhere, someone decided that you can't enjoy both and if anyone prefers something different to you, you have to trash them as much as you can.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Consoles ruin games that run on both platforms. The interface is most of the time some atrocious list that is unuseable/not practical for a pc player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They can afford a $700 video card ... What is a $350 PS4 to them?
    No one really hates exclusives, its widely known why, for the hating on consoles, this is more apparently with this current generation of consoles since there have been quite a number of multi format games released that also came out for PC that had to be gutted in some way due to the lack of power on the current consoles.

This gutting is basically an insult, no one is asking the base game to be higher specced but even the settings and optimisation have taken a hit, watchdogs leaves a massive sour taste to a lot of PC gamers at the moment.

I mean this video from Totalbiscuit almost has a mill views, this kinda news spreads very easily thanks to the internet;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43ZlqPvBDs

As long as something like has happened, all games are held against this notion when its multi platform, this is why a number PC gamers dislike consoles, if games came out like MGS5, there will be hell of a lot less complaints against consoles this generation.

Because with console gaming being quite large and there's nothing wrong with that, it has however caused many AAA developers to focus on the console market first and PC gaming as almost an afterthought. PC's can generally deliver higher quality graphics, speed and gameplay but are now playing second fiddle to weaker console hardware that has real limitations. So there's now a deluge in "console port" PC titles rife with console specific problems: 30fps caps, poor options for maximizing graphics or they've been gutted entirely just to suit the weakest platform the game is designed for, controller minded UI's which feel sterile and no attention given to extended peripherals support (surround/eyefinity) and so on.

I don't care what people prefer in the end. Games is games. But the growing console market is turning so many developers into utter lazy shits.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine it's largely because console gaming still effects PC gaming in price, performance & availability etc.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Because people still can't grasp the fact Sony and Nintendo fund software to sell their hardware. You don't see Apple offering up siri to android devices or what not. If you want to play Sony or Nintendo games buy a Sony or Nintendo product. That is the purpose of their software and until they go 3rd party(unlikely any time in near future) that will always be the purpose of their software.

If someone pays 700$ for a graphics card, chances are they get significantly better performance out of their rig than they would a console (which is just a cheaper computer that doesn't get updated). There's also people who just prioritized their money into PC, and can't afford to spring for the console. I definitely don't have the $ to spring 700$ on a gpu but I'd still prefer to play say bloodborne on my pc and likely won't be spending 400$ on a console to play 1 or 2 games.

I guess for me there's another issue with consoles in that the games I enjoy on them tend to not have a super long lifespan. So the investment is just kinda shit, and its more expensive to keep myself entertained than with the PC route.

That said I don't get people who feel the need to chastise others for having or preferring a console. I've pretty much never come across anyone being serious when talking about the "pc master race" stuff, but every kind of person exists.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If someone pays 700$ for a graphics card, chances are they get significantly better performance out of their rig than they would a console
    Irrelevant to the discussion at hand as they are getting literally no performance out of a console exclusive.

Yeah, not a great way to start the thread. Calling others fanboys right out of the gate isn't going to lead to much productive discussion.