Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I do not have any siblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    You should. No one will ever have your back like your bro/sis. you probably have some fucked up scenario built in your head when you read thread top, you really need to stop and reallize you only have your family and not your friends you built up over the years. I'm sure they are awesome, but they won't have your back.
    My girlfriend went through a horrible divorce from a very manipulative and abusive guy. Her own brother and father decided to take the guys side and practically disowned her over it, they most definitely did not "have her back."

Point is. Family bonds only seem stronger because you're forced into them for the first 18 years of your life. But the truth is they take as much work to maintain as any other relationship, with the added potential of being far more fucked up than a friendship will ever be.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my brother and I are pretty close even though we don't have much in common.... other then drinking and the same sense of humour. We were also only a year apart in high school so our friend groups sort of became one in our early 20s.

yes, i love my sister and i would die for her.

Why wouldn't anyone love their siblings

Reading through some comments leads me to believe that the unconditional love for a sibling can be there only when the whole household is a good place to grow up. Good parenting is key to create a relationship between siblings.

Mine are fine, weird but fine.

Deleted
    I don't think you're especially socially smart, if your presumption is to generalize people to have nice attributes, based on family relations.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love my brother, he always looked out for me and protected me, and I stayed with him in his apartment like a little parasite all throughout high school! (He lives 5 minutes from the school I wanted to go to, my parents live nearly 1 hour away)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason brookside View Post
    Why wouldn't anyone love their siblings
    Because my brother has been and always will be a horrible cunt.. so no I don't love my sibling and I never will.

Just because we share the same parents doesn't mean anything to me, I apply a simple rule when it comes to family. If I wouldn't like them if they wern't family why should I like them just because they are family.

My parents were fine and I had a nice house growing up, didn't stop us from becoming totally different people and it didn't stop him from totally screwing me over time and time again. So why wouldn't anyone? plenty of reasons.

Nope.

She's alright, got her good sides, got her bad sides. She's someone I can deal with during the occasional family gatherings, unlike other members of my family, the worst offender being the awful individual that is my mother. Would be happy to be without that disrespectful waste of space.

But I don't love my family. Let me just dig through my feelings to make sure... ... ... Nope, I don't. I can tolerate most of them, a few I dislike beyond belief, and a couple I like for various reasons.

Must admit the OP was really cringe worthy to me but I suppose I'm just one of those people who doesn't have the best relationship with my family and so the idea of them being the most dependable is just horror in my ears...

Much respect and happiness though to those people that live a wonderful life with amazing parents and siblings, knowing they can depend on them and all are treated well and respectfully.

Sadly not the case on my end and so I'd rather depend on my friends and relative strangers than my family. Can't all be lucky in this wonderful game called life. :P

Love and love... Brother and I get along, but we can go months without talking. Haven't seen my brother since December for instance.

Can I count on him? Eh, I don't know. Would he have my back? I wouldn't be too sure.

Edit: He's still better than my mom, and we're closer than my dad and I are. Still can't shake the feeling of him being the most loved child
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.