Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to win Hanamura on attack?

The reason I'm asking is because in 9 times out of 10 my teams end up losing on this particular map whenever we're on the Attacking side.

What happens basically is that we usually get to the last zone without much issue, but then you're faced with a wall of Bastions/Torbjörns and the occasional Widowmaker covering almost every possible angle in the temple; of course protected by close-quarter champions. Do you guys have any suggestions for dealing with this kind of set-up?

It's annoying enough on all the other maps, but in those instances we usually end up pushing through one way or another. Hanamura Zone B is an entirely different matter though IMHO.

This is a genuine attempt to get better at this map, so I'd appreciate if people refrain from saying stuff like "you're bad" or "get better".
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

just need to do a good split. Most teams just funnel down the main hallway getting wrecked over and over

Save up your ults and make a concerted push all together from different entries or all from a side entry.

In a pug, with no communication? Yeah, you probably won win on that map.

Games not really balanced or designed around solo queue.

7+ Year Old Account
    i always swap between snipers and pharah if we get to point B.
    snipe the bastions and torbs down or using pharahs ult in the right sideway.
    and they are toast. (only if no one kills me while bombing ofc)

Formerly known as Arafal

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My quick play teams generally have more trouble with Temple of Anubis than Hanamura.

Anyway, you'll usually want to use an ult (or a couple) to make that last push. If Bastions/Torbjorns are really shutting you down, try flying a self-destructing D.Va mech into them. Alternatively, Junkrat it up. Harass with grenades from one of the side entrances, drive tire into them when ult's ready.

There are plenty more ways to get in there, but those are the two main methods I use.

Yeah, it's a hard map to win with little coordination, but the opposite end it's very easy to defend with little coordination. A lot of attack maps really need to get rid of the choke point in my opinion and make some additional ways thru to add strategies for flanks and pokes. The problem with Hana and a couple others is that there's 1 entrance and 1 window to go thru, but they are the same general area.
    Not to say it can't be done, but if you're having problems consider using a Tracer/Genji to quickly jet thru and break up the enemy lines or Mei to ice wall any turrets they have. Again, it can be done, but it's a hard map in a complete pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The problem with Hana and a couple others is that there's 1 entrance and 1 window to go thru, but they are the same general area.
    Uhm. Hanamura point B have like five different approaches barring the main area that you can enter through. Upper and lower right, side door, can also count the windows for additional two and then there's the front door. So approaching there isn't really the issue, it's dealing with the entrenched people as the OP said. In addition to the Junkrat advice, I'd maybe suggest Winston? If you can sneak in through the upper point and down the stairs, you could potentially get a jump onto the turrents and smack things around. Also Genji/E, reflecting bullets for great profit to get the things to kill themselves.

Basically Junkrat. He's so totally underused by most players. Hard counter to Bastion/Torbjorn turrets, soft counter to Widowmaker. It's SO easy once you figure out the likely spots for defensive players to setup, to just lob grenades at that spot, forcing them to move or die. You can't push the point by yourself, but you can cripple the right side pretty easily by yourself. If you have a Reinhardt shielding you up the center, it's EZmode.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can charge in with Winston and cause absolute fucking chaos, if your team are organised they can capitalise on that. You can also keep the Snipers/Bastions suppressed by spamming Pharah's rockets in from range.

It is a difficult map to attack and win, but I've done it a few times these ways.

Mei does a good job at creating entries on the first objective at Hanamura, not so well on objective B. You need people who can displace the opponents on objective A, so Mei, D.va, snipers, Pharah and Winston work well. Good flankers and snipers in addition to a strong frontline like Reihardt/Hog + Mercy/Lucio for objective B. It's not easy, but doable. That said, a good Mei on defense of objective A will effectively force the whole attacking team to funnel into the window. The map is balanced, though, in that the defenders have a very long way to go if they die on A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

with no communication with the team? get a second support, just build up your ult and wait for the second support to build his(you can see on scoreboard), stick with him and wait for the push (even in shitty pugs pushes happen :P), chain your ults and it will probably (hopefully) work

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, the way to do any Point A on any Capture map is to flank around with a mobile offense character or tank and actually get on the point, to force the enemy team to withdraw from the choke and make an opening for the rest of your team to push in.

The biggest issue I've seen with pugs on every capture map is that the team just won't push in and move up closer to the objective. The point is to get through the choke, not stand on the other side shooting through it. Even when I'm playing Reinhardt, you'd be amazed at how many times I start marching through the choke with my shield out and then realize I'm all alone and the rest of the team is still peaking around the corner taking potshots.

Deleted
    We won Hanamura in 2:01 the other day. I started with Genji without looking at what the others picked. They decided to all take Genjis except one Lucio. I just ran to B immediately after A and win.

5 D.vas and a Mercy. (Or 6 D.vas)

Just rush the point. If you can have any type of coordination to use barriers that helps, but the mobility to get to the point and the pure tankiness of D.va makes it hard for your opponent to counterpick before losing the point.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You can charge in with Winston and cause absolute fucking chaos, if your team are organised they can capitalise on that. You can also keep the Snipers/Bastions suppressed by spamming Pharah's rockets in from range.

It is a difficult map to attack and win, but I've done it a few times these ways.
    This is what I do (Wintson), it can be difficult playing solo but you just have to let your team know your ult is up and they are ready to get in behind. Then just jump right in and cause as much carnage as you can drawing attention to you while your team mops up.

Frankly if you are not using voice coms then you are an idiot and a bad. All you have to do is press ' and you are now just as capable of communicating just like the pros. You chose to not use a tool in the game that will help you win because you don't feel like it then you deserve all of your losses and rage quits. Your dick/vagina won't fall off if you tell your team where threats are.

There are gaming groups out there that anyone can join and the only difference between them and you is that they are using an out of game team speak and you are not using the ingame team speak. They are using an out of game team speak because they are fed up with idiots who refuse to use team speak and it is a requirement to play with them.

If you are ending up with the worst teams it is because the capable ones have already joined social team speak teams because they are tired of your quiet ass and decided to leave you behind in the rabble pool.

Natural selection at its best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Frankly if you are not using voice coms then you are an idiot and a bad. All you have to do is press ' and you are now just as capable of communicating just like the pros. You chose to not use a tool in the game that will help you win because you don't feel like it then you deserve all of your losses and rage quits. Your dick/vagina won't fall off if you tell your team where threats are.

There are gaming groups out there that anyone can join and the only difference between them and you is that they are using an out of game team speak and you are not using the ingame team speak. They are using an out of game team speak because they are fed up with idiots who refuse to use team speak and it is a requirement to play with them.

If you are ending up with the worst teams it is because the capable ones have already joined social team speak teams because they are tired of your quiet ass and decided to leave you behind in the rabble pool.

Natural selection at its best.
    The elitism is literally oozing from your holes bro.

There's absolutely no reason to use VoIP unless you're doing official clan matches. Absolutely no need to use them in quick matches, and quite frankly, I don't want to hear your, or anyone else's voice in my ears, and thus I've disabled the voice communication in game completely. Also, while I've disabled the voice comms, the icons still pop up for those using them, and people using them are like one out of a hundred. So, no.

Now if only I could disable the chats too.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-30 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The elitism is literally oozing from your holes bro.

There's absolutely no reason to use VoIP unless you're doing official clan matches. Absolutely no need to use them in quick matches, and quite frankly, I don't want to hear your, or anyone else's voice in my ears, and thus I've disabled the voice communication in game completely. Also, while I've disabled the voice comms, the icons still pop up for those using them, and people using them are like one out of a hundred. So, no.

Now if only I could disable the chats too.
    It isn't elitism to not want to get mowed down by the same threat that mowed you down because you are so antisocial that you couldn't bother to tell me where a widow maker or turret was. It isn't elitism on my part because I want to be informed to take out a sniper that killed you before you come back. It is absolute bad-ism for you to allow your team to run blindly into the same death. It's also stupid. You may not want to hear that you are one of the people ruining the game for the rest of us who are not afraid to touch the ' button but that is the truth even if you don't like hearing it. This is a game that requires communication so get over it or shuffle off to hearthstone where you play alone.

"Literally no reason to use voice coms", don't make me laugh. There are many reasons to use voice coms in this game and it was designed with an ingame voice com system because the people who created it knew it needed to exist to be played right. They don't have it in hearthstone because you don't need it but this game does.
    And FFS stop using literally wrong just because you think using a big word makes you sound smarter.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-30 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't elitism to not want to get mowed down by the same threat that mowed you down because you are so antisocial that you couldn't bother to tell me where a widow maker or turret was. It isn't elitism on my part because I want to be informed to take out a sniper that killed you before you come back.
    No no, it's not. It's just in how you, specifically you, say it.

And yeah, there's literally no reason to use VoIP outside clan matches. Grab a dictionary if the word confuses you.