10+ Year Old Account

"Anything Goes" section

We seriously need on here. Yes, I understand this is a gamer forum. But people are always bringing up topics we're not allowed to talk about here anyway.

What we need is a forum section that you have to Opt-in to join, but many of the topics we can't talk about elsewhere are allowed there. These topics are going to continue to pop up anyway, doesn't matter how many times you infract or ban people. Better to just focus it somewhere. Hell, they could even disable post count like the Fun section does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Not-so-fun section"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Not going to happen. I don't think the decision making parties of mmo-champion want a forum that's the lovechild of stormfront and return of kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Not going to happen. I don't think the decision making parties of mmo-champion want a forum that's the lovechild of stormfront and return of kings.
    Hahaha. I can agree to that. But still, it's better than having it scattered all over the forum, having to constantly close threads, infract people, it'd just be easier to keep it all in one place and mods could basically focus on other things.

Think of it like pot smoking. Before it became legal, cops actually wasted their time fighting pot smoking when they could've been doing something more productive. People were still gonna smoke it, sell it, buy it, grow it. Now that it's legal in a lot of places, cops can focus on other, more serious offenses instead.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    People would complain, which is why we can't have nice things.

With the scope of topics so narrowly limited on gen-OT, I think this would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    People would complain, which is why we can't have nice things.
    It would essentially be a private forum section. If you opt into it, you have no room to complain.

And again, if it's all forced into one section, then the rest of the sections can go back to having nice things :-)

Can you think of a better name for this new forum that more accurately reflects the reason for having it?

Because we all know the topics that get locked, and the comments that get infracted, are ones critical of Left aligned agendas, principles, persons, concepts, or beliefs.

You can make a 2nd account (rule violation 1), post a message of hate (rule violation 2), while insulting people in the process (rule violation 3) and a mod will come in and label it "constructive posting" ...IF ...the person making the 2nd acct, the message of hate, and the insults are all coming from the Left side.

So what you're asking for is a forum that isn't run under ultra biased mega partisan standards and you're not going to get that here.

This is what we all agree to in order to post here.

I know of a very active and popular forum where you can openly and civilly talk about these things that has the most amazingly fair and forgiving moderators on the Internet.

If you want the link PM me and assuming I don't get banned for making this post, ha ha, I'll share.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Can you think of a better name for this new forum that more accurately reflects the reason for having it?

Because we all know the topics that get locked, and the comments that get infracted, are ones critical of Left aligned agendas, principles, persons, concepts, or beliefs.

You can make a 2nd account (rule violation 1), post a message of hate (rule violation 2), while insulting people in the process (rule violation 3) and a mod will come in and label it "constructive posting" ...IF ...the person making the 2nd acct, the message of hate, and the insults are all coming from the Left side.

So what you're asking for is a forum that isn't run under ultra biased mega partisan standards and you're not going to get that here.

This is what we all agree to in order to post here.

I know of a very active and popular forum where you can openly and civilly talk about these things that has the most amazingly fair and forgiving moderators on the Internet.

If you want the link PM me and assuming I don't get banned for making this post, ha ha, I'll share.
    I just follow your tin foil like bread crumbs to some great posts.

On topic: I'd lurk super hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Sometimes I do think they should be lax on the rules and at least give all threads a page or two of a chance. Don't get me wrong, when a thread is obviously going downhill fast with no useful discussion, lock away, but if people are managing to be civil on a topic that is normally locked because people aren't generally civil about it, give them a chance to talk. I feel like that would motivate people to discuss things more calmly instead of posting these things in short bursts where they try to quickly post their inflammatory opinions before the mods get there.

I'm not sure I'd support a "complete anarchy" section though, I feel like it'd devolve to chaos pretty darn quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It would essentially be a private forum section. If you opt into it, you have no room to complain.

And again, if it's all forced into one section, then the rest of the sections can go back to having nice things :-)
    I mean it's not a terrible idea, due to that, but I'm still not sure how much useful discussion would actually happen without at least some mod patrol.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-05-28 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sometimes I do think they should be lax on the rules and at least give all threads a page or two of a chance. Don't get me wrong, when a thread is obviously going downhill fast with no useful discussion, lock away, but if people are managing to be civil on a topic that is normally locked because people aren't generally civil about it, give them a chance to talk. I feel like that would motivate people to discuss things more calmly instead of posting these things in short bursts where they try to quickly post their inflammatory opinions before the mods get there.

I'm not sure I'd support a "complete anarchy" section though, I feel like it'd devolve to chaos pretty darn quickly.

I mean it's not a terrible idea, due to that, but I'm still not sure how much useful discussion would actually happen without at least some mod patrol.
    Yes, it would still need moderation. But instead of infracting for all the things they do now, they can just infract for people being blatant douches. I mean, if MMO-C does do this, then of course they'll be the ones to set the rules, I'm sure they will come up with something in that case.

There are forums specifically dedicated to "anything goes" content stopping at only what is illegal. I don't think trading moderation for legal troubles is on mmo-c's to do list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    There are forums specifically dedicated to "anything goes" content stopping at only what is illegal. I don't think trading moderation for legal troubles is on mmo-c's to do list.
    I don't understand what any of that has to do with the topic. I'm talking about the posts that are ALREADY showing up on the forums, that people are ALREADY commenting on. Simply put them in their own little section.

Mods could even ramp up their game, and start actually suspending people for posting such topics outside of the proper section for them. That should either make the forums a lot quieter, or force people to move to the right section - either of which is a win for MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't understand what any of that has to do with the topic. I'm talking about the posts that are ALREADY showing up on the forums, that people are ALREADY commenting on. Simply put them in their own little section.

Mods could even ramp up their game, and start actually suspending people for posting such topics outside of the proper section for them. That should either make the forums a lot quieter, or force people to move to the right section - either of which is a win for MMO-C.
    If you have a section with a different set of rules about what can be discussed, then they need to determine where that new line will be. If the line is drawn at whatever is legal then the community will sit right on that edge and cross it occasionally. So my point is that shifting the line potentially moves the line enough that they begin to deal with more difficult moderation questions.

But, look at the terms used to describe topic bans and see how fuzzy they are, those rules aren't meant as hard rules but as a means to give moderators leeway in determining what's on the board. They aren't trying to provide free and open discussion, that's why I recommend going to a board that does.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have our rules and restrictions in place to make the board more positive. A subforum where people can violate the rules is counter to this purpose. If there are particular topics you want to discuss that are forbidden here, I'm sure you can find other places on the internet where those things are okay.

Since people are using this thread to complain about moderation, I'm closing this.