Deleted

[PvP] Arms VS Fury in Legion

I am worried about the balance between the two. They both have their advantages, yet fury seems to be better where it actually counts.

Arms is not as squishy per se without the Enrage debuff but Fury makes more than up for it with it's self-healing. It may benefit more from external healing because of that though. Thanks to Berserker, fury has wayyyy superior mobility, which can be even further improved upon with Bounding Stride. (to the detriment of defense, to be fair) This allows fury warriors to go for the stun talents in tier 2, whereas arms has a tough choice to make: Either be a sitting duck (no Double Time) or loose out on Stormbolt, our only stun and, dare I say best utility spell. Those are the big advantages fury has. Better self-sustain, better mobility, better CC.
    Arms is not without its unique perks though, namely Intercept/Pain Train (both on the same Pvp row) and Sharpen Blade. I sadly have not yet seen anyone play with Intercept but I can imagine it should be quite strong. After all, it functions like a low cd Hand of Protection. With the additional requirement of having to stay close to the target, of course. Pain Train offers great burst utility, especially in combination with Anger Management. And last but not least, Sharpen Blade could be quite deadly if it is well timed, I imagine.
    So yeah, that's quite some support right there. It may also be a bit gimmick-y though, so I wonder whether it is enough with the strength of fury.

Deleted
    seems like they designing Fury to be the spec where you dont need a pocket healer finaly
    and they keep Arms as it is to be effective only with a pocket healer

sooooo yeah 90% of the warriors will be going fury because there is no person who loves playing a spec thats effectiveness comes from heaving a pocket healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    seems like they designing Fury to be the spec where you dont need a pocket healer finaly
    and they keep Arms as it is to be effective only with a pocket healer

sooooo yeah 90% of the warriors will be going fury because there is no person who loves playing a spec thats effectiveness comes from heaving a pocket healer.
    And then Blizz will nerf the pants right off it - without any Arms buffs, and warriors will be left with a steaming plate of hot garbage in pvp.

Arms had really great self-healing from an artifact trait in the first iteration. Defensive stance gave a victory rush like every 5 seconds, I think. Then one of the many devs who play druids probably lost a duel to an Arms, and that was that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    And then Blizz will nerf the pants right off it - without any Arms buffs, and warriors will be left with a steaming plate of hot garbage in pvp.
    like in every expansion

there was soooo many expansion where warriors started REALY good even OP sometimes and right at the 1st major patch gone to almost garbage tier without a healer.
    every single time.

i hate blizz for this.

fury soloing and arms looks like its going to be for rated content, its talents work too well for teamplay compared to fury sharped blades is godly so is the one that gives 100 crit to your whole team

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    fury soloing and arms looks like its going to be for rated content, its talents work too well for teamplay compared to fury sharped blades is godly so is the one that gives 100 crit to your whole team
    sad that arms will be kited to oblivion compared to fury and all its mobility.

+ fury removes allot of stress of their healer by healing himself ALLOT at times.

Deleted
    Played a couple of BGs as Arms, and overall it was an extremely frustrating experience. I cannot even say whether the damage Arms deals is good or not because I never lived long enough to get an impression of how damage is generally.

Lack of self-healing is pretty apparent though. Second Wind is downright useless. Only way I can see myself using it is while leveling but for PVP? Six seconds without taking any damage; after that period you will be out of combat most of the time and can eat food to gain health back. And with all the dots that are out there, it will probably hardly trigger in most cases.
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2016-05-30 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    sad that arms will be kited to oblivion compared to fury and all its mobility.

+ fury removes allot of stress of their healer by healing himself ALLOT at times.
    fury isn't as mobile as it looks, snares aren't a that much of a deal, roots and stuns are still king.

Arms seems to be the way to go for Arenas atm, Group-Recklessness and 70% healing debuff with Sharpen Blade ontop of having more (cleave) damage (from what ive experienced and tested so far) put it infront of Fury, wich will still be the better Solo/BG specc because of overtuned selfhealing.

Prot Warr seems to be a very viable choice aswell, 20% more damage on the Target or 2 sec 90% damage decrease for allys, Mass-Reflect for 3(5?) seconds and other Defensive CDs for the Team, if thats enough to be viable in 3s is questionable tho, definetly see them coming alot in 5s and RBGs.
    Last edited by Reapocalypse; 2016-05-31 at 08:29 PM.

arms is gonna win cus overpower is back

Quote Originally Posted by zulkaa View Post
    arms is gonna win cus overpower is back
    Now THAT'S funny! Thanks for the laughs, good sir.