Thread: New Top gear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    And what's with a Star in an Off Road Car! Thumbs down to that one.
    One upmanship when copycatting fails I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evans came across as trying too hard to be funny while Leblanc looked like he didn't want to be there and there was NO chemistry between the two, and on top of that where was the third presenter ? and no it's not the stig.

The star in a car had the race track changed to incorporate an off road section for....who the fuck knows.

I will watch the next episode to see if anything changes but all in all I expect the reboot to be a flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Evans was Chris Evans, he has always been an unctuous twat trying to sound unscripted since his TFI Friday days.

Matt LeBlanc comes across as quite a nice bloke, dull but nice. He could work well with a good main presenter/s, he is a bit like an American James May.

The actor bloke who was in that film about Facebook was good, he seemed like the sort of person a good interviewer could have got some laughs from, sadly he got Chris Evans.

Gordon Ramsey looked like he was on coke.

The segment on the two American cars was boring, it did not really help that the two cars were hideous and they barely spoke about the cars.

The road trip with the Reliants just didn't work at all, that should never have made the cut.

The off-road Ariel Atom thing was okay, but then I could no longer bear the thought of seeing Chris Evans again and switched it off.

All-in-all it just seemed to be trying too hard and failing miserably in the process. Shame they decided to go with Chris Evans, but he has a following for reasons beyond my comprehension, so it might run for a season before being quietly consigned to the scrap heap.

The chris guy tried to be clarkson other then that i enjoyed it

Matt Leblanc was good, Chris Evans was Chris Evans and I don't like him.. What really annoyed me is that I was under the impression that Chris Harris (previously did Chris Harris on Cars show on Youtube) was going to be a presenter on the show and not some muted talent on some "Extra" show.

It feels weird with only 2 people presenting, there is just some chemistry missing. I guess they can build it over time but for me it will never beat Clarkson.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    The chris guy tried to be clarkson other then that i enjoyed it
    Evans did the annoying tv personality years before Clarkson.

Deleted
    I thought it was awesome...I am just glad it's back! This country is so goddamn weird...we tried to kick Clarkson et al off so many times for political correctness (and not just Clarkson), and when we finally do it (for pretty good reason) we now hate what the result is so I have no idea what the hell is wrong with us.

It wasn't Clarkson, Hammond, May good, but it was damn entertaining!

Sabine is an amazing addition too!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was ok, nowhere near as good as the old one. The banter between Chris and Matt felt forced, the chemistry between Richard, Jeremy, and James is so much more natural.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-05-31 at 01:33 AM.

I lasted 7 minutes. The Clarkson impressions, that planted joke at start, complaining about the Viper's engine size and then the "I feel the need, the need for speed"... couldn't handle it.

However people who have made it past that have said it was entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    I thought it was awesome...I am just glad it's back! This country is so goddamn weird...we tried to kick Clarkson et al off so many times for political correctness (and not just Clarkson), and when we finally do it (for pretty good reason) we now hate what the result is so I have no idea what the hell is wrong with us.

It wasn't Clarkson, Hammond, May good, but it was damn entertaining!

Sabine is an amazing addition too!
    I'd not be surprised if the people trying to kick Clarkson off it for not being politically incorrect never even watched the show and were responding to news stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... What are you talking about? Top Gear isn't out yet... Its new name is The Grand Tour and it'll be out on Amazon Prime in a few months.

Just be patient.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    Matt LeBlanc was decent, Chris Evans needs to be dropped though. I hope to see more of Chris Harris in the future, I was a fan of his YouTube channel so hope he'll be given a bigger chance. Don't really care for Sabine Schmitz really.
    Summed it all up for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Eh... What are you talking about? Top Gear isn't out yet... Its new name is The Grand Tour and it'll be out on Amazon Prime in a few months.

Just be patient.
    BBC still have Top Gear. They just started a new season with new presenters.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I kinda felt like Evans and LeBlanc were playing a bizarre game where the winner got to pretend to be Clarkson and the loser would have to play Hammond. So far I think LeBlanc makes a better Clarkson than Evans.

The challenge was weak, lacked humour. The Star in a Reasonably Priced Car has always been the worst segment, the reasonably priced car was the best bit about it, now it's completely mirthless and why the fuck did it now feature 2 completely unrelated personalities? Didn't enjoy the car reviews as much and the dog fight was pretty unenjoyable too, Sabina looked fun though!.....shame she was completely under used. They even fucked up the Stig in LeBlancs solo piece having him come to the rescue in the truck.

Gonna give it time, it's practically a pilot and it's doomed to fail to begin with no matter who the BBC tried to pass it on to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    BBC still have Top Gear. They just started a new season with new presenters.
    Haven't you heard? Top Gear died when they lost Jeremy, James and Richard.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Chris Evans butchered it completly. However i did think Matt was alright.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Haven't you heard? Top Gear died when they lost Jeremy, James and Richard.
    I detect a hint of sarcasm here, but what you're saying is true, and the pilot episode of this new crap definitely proved it. It's dead. It just doesn't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I detect a hint of sarcasm here, but what you're saying is true, and the pilot episode of this new crap definitely proved it. It's dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
    Zombie Top Gear

RIP top gear
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    RIP top gear
    I, for one, embrace our The Grand Tour overlords.

Deleted
    Second episode was aired yesterday.

I think it was very good. Much closer to old TG quality than to first episode.