Poll: Would you like your country to become a new state in the United States?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Wouldn't US territory be more accurate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no! That would be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Its not a state. Just a territory.
    lol, congratulations, you've discovered the point of the guy that wrote that .

My opinion, well, look at Puerto Rico, so, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You could buy a gun.
    With a KNIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I never understood why I would ever want a gun. Like...what for? :|
    You could assassinate Trump? If all countries were under the American Flag, we could fix the two party system by firing bullets at someone we don't like.

They give you confidence and make you feel manly.

They also have the added benefit of making liberals feel insecure and fretful for no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    I don't get angry when people don't see things my way, where's the fun in that?
    Culturally speaking I see three main flavors of Northern Irish, Nationlist, Unionist, and Mixed. Not many differences in them overall, but when one is mainly catholic, the other protestant, and the third umm depends on who yells at you most.. there is also variation based on where you live of course. Though generally a mixed family gets rather ambivalent to the fighting between Unionists and Nationalists, and their flag waving, we've been Northern Ireland for a century now.. how about making the most of it and making it awesome.. oh and convince more people to pay money to look at our rocks. Come, look at those rocks.. we got a giant to make them.. honest. Though we're unique in culture from both Ireland and Britain even with the splits, can't find a nationalist nor unionist who'll say no to an ulster fry... or anybody else for that matter.
    There are special rocks in Northern Ireland? Should I know about these? I like rocks, and most things related to Ireland. I'm googling them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    With a KNIFE!

You could assassinate Trump? If all countries were under the American Flag, we could fix the two party system by firing bullets at someone we don't like.
    Not sure where you were going with this. Perhaps my sense of humor is just broken atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Not sure where you were going with this. Perhaps my sense of humor is just broken atm.
    My poor attempt at being funny. Hey look, America Fuck Yea! This should be the new national anthem.

I prefer freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    As an American, I would feel sorry for just about any country this could even happen to.
    pretty sure the people risking their lives to get here would disagree.

Deleted
    They give you confidence and make you feel manly.
    I don't need to feel manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    My poor attempt at being funny. Hey look, America Fuck Yea! This should be the new national anthem.

LOL, It would definately change the atmosphere at the beginning of sporting events.

Its not a state. Just a territory.
    Do you think that makes it better?
    I want no part in a country that has "territories" or "colonies" in our day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Do you think that makes it better?
    I want no part in a country that has "territories" or "colonies" in our day and age.
    Then don't live in

Australia
    France
    China
    Denmark
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    United States
    United Kingdom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    lol, congratulations, you've discovered the point of the guy that wrote that .

My opinion, well, look at Puerto Rico, so, no thanks.
    No the point is how debt stricken the Puerto Rico government is. So much so they had to ask the U.S congress to bail them out after many times voting against becoming a state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I prefer freedom.
    Then your country should become the 51st state. Then you can vote for Trump, and praise Jesus like the rest of us. Don't forget the medical benefits like paying for insurance. Not like those fail countries who have Universal Fail Care.

Heil Hillary!

I think we should have unlimited/easy immigration for people from EU countries and some others (AUS,NZ, Japan, South Korea). Adding countries as states is silly. Also since this is pmuch another EU vs US thread. Yeah America has areas that could use improvement (healthcare cost [because we actually have the most advanced medical technology in the world], criminal justice system, not using metric is stupid, public transport), but having lived in EU and US for long periods (both are really cool), the standard of living we provide for 300+ million people is amazing. It is truly an amazing place to live, what makes me the most proud though is more the idea of America that has spread across the world for so long. That even us former peasants can live like kings (I read in a text book that it is estimated that people in shit countries like Egypt today enjoy a higher standard of living than English nobility in the early 1900's).

I know America can't lay claim to this on its own, but probably deserves more credit than EU's give. My favorite is the capitalism bashing, Karl Marx even said that capitalism was one of the best things to even happen to humanity, his theories were really more meant for a post scarcity world (Star Trek).

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot one thing that is stupid in USA, religious politicians (I think the hypocrisy is what really gets to me as they are the most critical of Muslims), but in a lot of US states religious politicians are rare. But that's another thing that makes it great, for example when Utah politics clash with California politics.
    Last edited by INVASMANIXOXOXO; 2016-06-01 at 02:28 AM.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

No thank you. I don't want to have my living standard reduced.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As mentioned, let me know when France's economic production catches up to that of the second poorest American state. Personally, I do not dream of ascending to the living standards of West Virginia.

If you prefer other measures, the United States also has much higher disposable income, better universities, more diversity without as many problems from diversity, and far more economic opportunity and flexibility (especially for young people). To be fair, being poor and unskilled in the United States is worse than being poor and unskilled in France, so I guess France has that going for it.
    It doesn't matter how much info you give people they will still blindly bash the US while they have no idea what they are saying lol

10+ Year Old Account
    No the point is how debt stricken the Puerto Rico government is. So much so they had to ask the U.S congress to bail them out after many times voting against becoming a state.
    I don't know why, but my feeling is that this thread isn't about economics.

I'd prefer if my country was moved across the sea so it's next to the US, instead of being part of the union.

Better yet, part of Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.