15+ Year Old Account

Memorializing your character

Hi guys

Like many of you, I've played since the 2004 launch. I've had a lot of fun, but the time has come for me to pursue other interests.

Is there any way of memorializing your primary character, via some kind of small downloadable data file (not requiring online/server access), or perhaps a custom figurine? My little pixelated friend and I have been through many adventures together, and it seems a real shame to just switch off and lose him completely.

There's not much room for sentimentality in Azeroth I'm guessing, but I'll miss him in a weird sort of way (my wife is rolling her eyes).

All the best
    Y
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

http://www.figureprints.com/wow/

You can have a figure made of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you close your account, you could do some screenshots in your favorite places and turn the camera so that you are in them. Just like vacation pics. Upload all of it to an album somewhere. Having a figure made is an option to as Eon pointed out but we tend to memorialize our lives with pictures so why not here as well?

Be sure and pick an appropriate place to leave your character when you log off the last time. Mine will likely be in one of the temples in Kun Lai.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    http://www.figureprints.com/wow/

You can have a figure made of your character.
    They really do a nice job with these. A bit pricey, and you have to ask yourself if you'll really want to display this for all your friends to see, but they do a great job of making your character look epic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Before you close your account, you could do some screenshots in your favorite places and turn the camera so that you are in them. Just like vacation pics. Upload all of it to an album somewhere. Having a figure made is an option to as Eon pointed out but we tend to memorialize our lives with pictures so why not here as well?

Be sure and pick an appropriate place to leave your character when you log off the last time. Mine will likely be in one of the temples in Kun Lai.
    Yep - I did this before leaving WoW back in 2012. Screenshots for each toon in the setting that best defined what he was about. ICC for my DK, Shattrath for my Draenei pally, etc.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the great suggestions. I will definitely embrace these ideas as I slowly shut things down.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Nobody quits WoW for good NOBODY!!!!!

But in all seriousness just screenshot some pics and maybe create a poster you can stick in your man cave or something.

Download fraps or some other video capture program and make a little video of your character. Scroll through your achievements, hover over your bags/equipment, and visit your favorite places. It's cool to have a little movie montage of your character in action that you can have long after the game has ended/died.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Download fraps or some other video capture program and make a little video of your character. Scroll through your achievements, hover over your bags/equipment, and visit your favorite places. It's cool to have a little movie montage of your character in action that you can have long after the game has ended/died.
    Yeah, this is what I was going to suggest. If you have a lot of screenshots, it's also good to keep them available and look at them from time to time.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    A friend hooked me up with a nice custom drawing of my tooon a few years back. I got a print made my desk and proudly hug it up at work. I might get a tattoo done of my name at some point.