10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    My sincerest condolences to everyone who was smart enough to not buy into the fear-mongering and lies - and who voted for Remain. I honestly feel bad for you, because you really got screwed over by others who are either uninformed or thought they could teach the government a lesson at a time where it was absolutely stupid.

I'd say I hope those people enjoy the consequences of their foolishness, but seeing that almost every second person wanted to stay in the EU...I am just sorry for the ones who tried to prevent this from happening.
    UK, at its core, has never been a part of the EU, its not only about immigration.

Britain has a right to create and govern their own laws created and wished by the people, not some foreign entity that does not represent their interests wholly.

the will of the people asked to leave, and that is certainly their right, there is no right and wrong to this, only a new path forward for these denizens.

As an American, Good luck to your Britain and i hope everything works well for you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Long live an Independent Scotland!
    yeah, should be the definitive end of the special snowflake.

I hope Scotland will indeed say "Screw you" this time and not let England and Wales drag them down and away from the EU. No reason to suffer because of others' foolishness.

The EU is awful, no governing body should be able to overrule your own laws and force you to do anything. The EU should have been nothing more than an Economic and Defense agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    UK, at its core, has never been a part of the EU, its not only about immigration.

Britain has a right to create and govern their own laws created and wished by the people, not some foreign entity that does not represent their interests wholly.

the will of the people asked to leave, and that is certainly their right, there is no right and wrong to this, only a new path forward for these denizens.

As an American, Good luck to your Britain and i hope everything works well for you!

I agree with this, I am Canadian and I actually think the UK leaving the EU will strengthen its ties with the commonwealth nations even more and be a net gain to the economy of Canada.

The EU is awful, no governing body should be able to overrule your own laws and force you to do anything. The EU should have been nothing more than an Economic and Defense agreement.
    I quite agree with this.

Deleted
    the will of the people asked to leave, and that is certainly their right, there is no right and wrong to this,
    No there is only retarded, and not.
    Simply put there is no compelling argument for leaving.
    Even:
    because what they want will not actually matter, by its sheer size and position they will exert influence over the UK - The only way for the UK to regain any sovereignty would be f they could magic the EU out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Long live an Independent Scotland!
    https://youtu.be/GOffk1G6OX8

Don't get bitter over what happened. It was inevitable. Just like Catalonian independence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    How can you have an economic agreement without someone to judge over disputes?(hint, its impossible)
    I agree with this, I am Canadian and I actually think the UK leaving the EU will strengthen its ties with the commonwealth nations even more and be a net gain to the economy of Canada.
    Go nuts.

Deleted
    Of course it will be a net gain for Canada, as the UK won't have anyone else to trade with besides Canada, the US and the commonwealth after the EU sticked it to the UK for leaving.

Deleted
    The UK will still have to make huge concessions to the EU if they want to stay in the EWR/the internal market. This will possibly also include the freedom of settlement.

Ah yes, the EU, the draconian power-hungy monster that dictates how it's members have to govern themselves and yet can't even tell Greece to hire a couple of tax collectors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Don't get bitter over what happened. It was inevitable. Just like Catalonian independence.
    Caledonian*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    There could be a new referendum, and this time, it could very well end differently.

Deleted
    The EU is not a military organization.

The UK was always a special case inside the EU, they had enough power to force their own rules inside Brussels. Now they lost they influence power on the EU and is forced to deal on equal terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No there is only retarded, and not.
    Simply put there is no compelling argument for leaving.
    Even:
    because what they want will not actually matter, by its sheer size and position they will exert influence over the UK - The only way for the UK to regain any sovereignty would be f they could magic the EU out of existence.
    that is only your opinion of said matter, whether you can see that or not is not my problem.

however my statement is tried and true to be fact, there are ways to go forward from this, and this is the way they went.

Need to remind you of the shitstorm the EU has been facing with Greece? EU has overreached in it's power from what it was originally designed to be as, and they wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Of course it will be a net gain for Canada, as the UK won't have anyone else to trade with besides Canada, the US and the commonwealth after the EU sticked it to the UK for leaving.
    Everyone has the chance to get a bargain deal now tbh, I mean they now have a market the fraction their previous size when it comes to making demands :P.

Deleted
    The UK will still have to make huge concessions to the EU...
    You really don't know the UK very well, do you?

Punish the country and it will just harden their resolve.

Deleted
    Need to remind you of the shitstorm the EU has been facing with Greece? EU has overreached in it's power from what it was originally designed to be as, and they wanted out.
    But that is one thing everyone agrees with, pro and anti-EU, that the current leadership should set aside or embrace a reformist attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

He is right though, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He is right though, you can't have your cake and eat it.
    That's fine. I just hope that everyone involved reach a mature agreement.

Deleted
    If they don't want to, and prefer to leave the EWR/internal market - by all means, go ahead. I do feel bad for the people who got - and are about to get - screwed over by mostly old people and/or low education voters yesterday, though.

Deleted
    That's fine. I just hope that everyone involved reach a mature agreement.
    That means that you won't get any better deals than Turkey and Russia.