Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=ati87;40603026]What would that be?

Still geting used to MMO-Champions forums

Nothing comes off the top of my head. However im more than certain that there is something in which we are investing money which benifits basically no one, and is more of a luxury than anything else.

[QUOTE=Iaminflames;40603075]- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What would that be?

Still geting used to MMO-Champions forums

Nothing comes off the top of my head. However im more than certain that there is something in which we are investing money which benifits basically no one, and is more of a luxury than anything else.

Oil subsidies...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not a medical or engineering person but i've never understood this. We send rovers to Mars and people to the moon and space but we haven't cured major diseases over here such as HIV and Cancer. Once you hear a groundbreaking news on a "cure" almost being found, news goes silent on it afterwards. We can clone goats but can't find a cure to premature birth. Can someone please logically explain this foolery to me?
    We'll never fully cure disease, it mutates too quickly. At best we can make better strides towards improving people's natural immunity in the long run, and generally try to keep up with majorly threatening diseases' evolution with treatments.

Improving technology, including but not limited to space travel, will also improve the general human condition. It's not like we're at any risk of running out of people.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-05-31 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Then chemo isn't the cure. Nice hyperbole.
    It depends on what you call "a cure". A 100% cure may not exist for a number of diseases, but it is able to convert them from acute to chronic, to make symbols mild and make you enjoy life as much as you can. Such is the case with hypertension and diabetes.

As for cancer. Somebody said - there are many types of cancer. Cancer is not a single disease. Chemotherapy could be quite effective and able to cure certain types of cancer - like acute leucaemia. Testicular cancer is also quite well cured. Chemotherapy can't cure breast cancer, but it can turn it into a chronic disease and one may live 10-15 years.

But it totally laughs at the deadliest forms of cancer - lung cancer and melanoma.

Do we have hope? Certainly yes. Acute leucaemia was quite deadly in the 70s of the past century and children rarely lived for more than 1 year. Now it's cureable. Maybe modern cancer treatments like vemurafenib (for melanoma) could make deadly diseases now less deadly in the future.