Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Hmmm i think the dogs are out to get you, judging by what you have said so far i believe that they are plotting to have you removed from the street. when they howl at night, thats when they coordinate, they are all in on it too, even the little ones.

just take the bacon out of your underpants though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    So I might've posted many months ago before about an unpleasant owner and his two big ass dogs, but now I've had enough of this shit. To make this short: Where I jog or go walk for breakfast, it's dog central. Everyone pretty much has a dog. Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked. Never had any issue ever. However, every fuckin time with big dogs it boils down to them suddenly staring my way, frozen in place while their owner is too busy fuckin jerking off. If you walk by them even slightly hesitantly, they WILL growl at you or bark at worst. I've never been attacked yet but a lot of the time the owner is like "no, bad dog!" or "sorry, he's just nervous."

Like fuck off I'm so tired of this shit of being scared to walk down my own goddamn lane. A lot of these "dogs" don't even look like dogs they look like goddamn wolves if they're not pitbulls because god knows why they're allowed to roam free. And I'm paranoid these big dogs are just out to get ME because I see them interact with the little doggies and they never get violent. I saw said pitbull looking at me suspiciously have fun with a passing by Yorkie for example...which is how I snuck by when he was distracted.
    how i deal with big dogs? i pet and cuddle them, i love big dogs. i'd say you need to change your attitude cause you're the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Because I love dogs and he's done more harm to them than good due to his popularity and TV celebrity status. His methods are dangerous and out dated and he's even been filmed abusing animals but gets away with it because he's got money. So yeah you're damn right I don't like him. I hate any animal abuser.
    I don't know if he's an abuser per se but his methods are definitely outdated. Also unscientific, dogs are not wolves and are therefore not constantly challenging your position in the "pack" so to speak.

His approaches to helping dogs get over their phobias are generally good, the worst thing you can do when your dog has a fear of something is to avoid the stimulus, just perpetuates the phobia.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Did you try a vet? We had a dog with a severe inner ear infection that started chewing couches up. Soon as it cleared up she stopped.
    No. I'll have to take her. Interesting though.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

So I might've posted many months ago before about an unpleasant owner and his two big ass dogs, but now I've had enough of this shit. To make this short: Where I jog or go walk for breakfast, it's dog central. Everyone pretty much has a dog. Now the little puppers like chihuahuas and pomeranians will never bug you, they just wanna play or they're being held and not walked. Never had any issue ever. However, every fuckin time with big dogs it boils down to them suddenly staring my way, frozen in place while their owner is too busy fuckin jerking off. If you walk by them even slightly hesitantly, they WILL growl at you or bark at worst. I've never been attacked yet but a lot of the time the owner is like "no, bad dog!" or "sorry, he's just nervous."

Like fuck off I'm so tired of this shit of being scared to walk down my own goddamn lane. A lot of these "dogs" don't even look like dogs they look like goddamn wolves if they're not pitbulls because god knows why they're allowed to roam free. And I'm paranoid these big dogs are just out to get ME because I see them interact with the little doggies and they never get violent. I saw said pitbull looking at me suspiciously have fun with a passing by Yorkie for example...which is how I snuck by when he was distracted.
    have to agree with the first person that responded. seems like you need to get over your fear of anything bigger than a kick dog. they can sense the fear on you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Well, when I'm out and about i usually have my Sabre tooth tiger out with me. Big dogs don't have a problem with me for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Tell that to me and my sister in law. We've both been attacked by "Good domesticated dogs". For thinking we were playing. I was attacked while running no where near the dog. She attacked by a pitbull that got off its chain.
    Okay, I'' tell you too.

MOST dogs wouldn't dare attack a human. You guys either live in a shitty neighborhood or have been extremely unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Okay, I'' tell you too.

MOST dogs wouldn't dare attack a human. You guys either live in a shitty neighborhood or have been extremely unlucky
    Should have read my 2nd post.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like you're the problem. Stop staring them down and just ignore them. I guarantee that's about 90% of your problem right there.

Weird, in my experience big dogs are usually friendly and docile.

It's the butt-ugly chihuahua abominations that are always agressive and unpredictable.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Solving dog problems 101:
    - Small dogs: Caliber .22 gun
    - Medium dog: Caliber .45 gun
    - Big dog: Shot gun in the mouth

For excessive problematic dogs, apply solution more than once..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I'm a big dog myself. Girls love the big dogs.

On topic: I haven't seen many big dogs around here but I've hear that you shouldn't play dead. Show dominance. Look aggressive. The dog will run away.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a big dog threatens you - you kill it. Simple. You are human and have the right to defend yourself from an inferior piece of shit.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Do not hesitate, don't align yourself to the dog, if it approaches you ignore it.

If this really becomes an issue for you, you might want to read up on doggy psychology. Dogs aren't naturally aggressive they just have highly coded forms of behavior that can be misinterpreted as aggression by humans.

Dogs don't bother me but they bother other people: the real problem is the owners. If you are not in control of your dog you are an idiot. Because you think your slobbering 18-year old spawn of Cerberus is a big softy doesn't mean any one else thinks that.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people get dogs and assume that they require no real training or interaction. They get the puppy and it sits in their house with no interaction with people other then the ones who live in the house. Those dogs will be the more aggressive towards strangers. Puppies that get socialized to people will usually not be as aggressive. Another factor is breed, some breeds are friendlier then others

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This is not an animal abuse thread, the dog mistreater can fuck right of with his antiquated and potentially harmfull methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    As someone who doesn't give a shit about me, and who makes blatantly objectively false statements in ignorance: Ignored.
    LOL. That is too funny, wow, what dictionary did you use to come up with all those big words? And for the record my statements are nowhere near coming from ignorance, and nice mature reaction . So childish with the "ignored" I so love the forums......

The OP should worry about the little rat dogs. They are the ones more likely to bite. At least they are easily punted.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    This. Dogs have great instincts. You just must be shady person.
    Well you can't blame anyone who has a phobia. You can't possibly know what his/her experiences were or whether has been traumatized in the past while interacting with a dog. There are freaking laws when you walk or take your dog outside. Hold the dog with a leash, you are obliged to do so. You can't be responsible for anyone feeling that his/her physical integrity is being threatened (doesn't matter how good and loyal the dog is) when they obviously feel tense around dogs.
    Personaly I love dogs and cats and with the danger of sounding arrogant , for some reason 9 dogs out of 10 instantly like me. But I can sympathize with your situation cause here in Greece people tend to be more animal friendly than people friendly and they don't follow rules/laws about their pets , ending up people get hurt by dogs sometimes.