Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Having ONE OPINION Makes me Undateable?: Your Thoughts please

LONG story short, I was talking with a girl for a few weeks, we met at college and had been messaging back and forth and we seemed to get on pretty well, for a while i wanted to get her to go on a date with me and finally I asked and she said yes. So she accepted the date and I paid for the venue and everything, now a few days before the date night we were messaging and having a pretty deep conversation, the topic came to politics and other topics, I let her know im conservative and mostly right wing, she didnt object or seem bothered so I just assumed she was right wing too.

So we are talking and we come onto the subject of homosexuality, i be honest and say that most homosexuals are most likely mentally ill (Because personally thats what I think) i didnt say anything other than that, QUICKLY the topic changes and she gets so mad and tells me how her brother is gay and has served in the military and also met his partner there, so i say thats all fine and well, im grateful for him serving the country but that doesnt change my opinions on homosexuals, then she asks me if i think gay marriage should be legal and i say no i dont think homosexuality should even widely accepted, SUDDENLY her tone changes again and she gets so angry and starts saying I am a bigot and i wasnt the person she thought I was from the few weeks we'd been speaking. She sent a big rant and a while later text me saying she no longer wanted to go on the date. REMEMBER I already paid for the date before this point. But the fact she reacted like that so quickly over ONE OPINION JUST ONE

now that I think about it It was a lucky escape because shes clearly a loony lefty but im wondering how someone can be so quick to change their mindset on someone just because they have ONE opinion. your thoughts?

Well what you said was offensive to someone she loves, what did you expect?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup she was in the right, I wouldn't want to date someone with an opinion like that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    i didnt say anything personally about her brother, i just stated my opinion on the subject?

You basically called her brother mentally ill and should be denied the ability to marry someone he loves.

Gee, I wonder why she doesn't like you now.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GAS ALL SJWS View Post
    i didnt say anything personally about her brother, i just stated my opinion on the subject?
    And people with that opinion would prefer to keep her brother as a second class citizen with limited rights.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Was it? I missed the part in the post where her brother got offended. I think what you meant is the chick got offended for her brother.

Anyway OP, a girl is entitled to her opinions also. If your views make her mad enough not to want to date you then 2badsosad . Move onto the next date. Maybe just avoid controversial subjects, or be more delicate, if you don't want people to get upset at you before the first date even begins lol.

Obviously I'm accepting that this story is even true for the sake of argument, but I don't think she's a crazy librul if she wasn't really bothered by you being conservative. All that happened is that you touched on something that's close to home and obviously an important issue for her. Lots of people react passionately (and often, irrationally) in such circumstances.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-30 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion is dead wrong and based on no facts, I wouldn't date you either if I was a chick. Amazing how some people think that just because it's an "opinion" that it doesn't have to be backed up by at least some basis in reality. If you had simply said the idea makes you uncomfortable and that it's hard to except that probably would have been fine, but you had to go all loney toons and act like your factless opinion is valid.

*looks at OP's name*

Nice bait thread.

Welcome to 2016's life.

Quote Originally Posted by GAS ALL SJWS View Post
    now that I think about it It was a lucky escape because shes clearly a loony lefty
    And I think she made a lucky escape. With idiocy like that and a username like "GAS ALL SJWS" you are either a troll or a crazy person.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Should I bite?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Given the OP's name that's not the only opinion that he has that makes him undateable.

This is the new norm, you have to be perfect in all things. You can't have one bad opinion one negative trait, if you do you should just give up. Preferably you should just go lay down in a corner and wait for death. But they will tolerate you if you just cease all interaction and voicing of opinions. You will still be mocked and blamed for all the worlds woes. But by not doing anything you won't make yourself a target.

Deleted
    Assuming this is even a real post, yes, she was completely right.

Who would want to date someone with such bigoted views?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Yup she was in the right, I wouldn't want to date someone with an opinion like that.
    Agreed.

If it's a deal breaker for her then try not being a bigot?
    Not being a bigot is attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Your opinion is dead wrong and based on no facts, I wouldn't date you either if I was a chick. Amazing how some people think that just because it's an "opinion" that it doesn't have to be backed up by at least some basis in reality. If you had simply said the idea makes you uncomfortable and that it's hard to except that probably would have been fine, but you had to go all loney toons and act like your factless opinion is valid.
    no i have facts to back up my opinion, but that isnt what the topics about

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Welcome to 2016's life.
    what do you mean by this?

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone I was on a date with said they thought homosexuals are most likely mentally ill, I think I'd politely pay the bill and leave.

So yes, it makes you undatable from my perspective. My last girlfriend was conservative, and we got along great, but if someone is so far and away from my values that they think homosexuals are mentally ill, we won't be a good match, and I'll be glad to have found out early on.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You basically called her brother mentally ill and should be denied the ability to marry someone he loves.

Gee, I wonder why she doesn't like you now.
    This right here. Even if your opinion differs, surely you can see why this upsets people.

7+ Year Old Account
    She sounds like an authoritarian who gets angry when people don't have her view. However if you think the government should be in charge of marriage and shouldn't allow gay marriage, that is also authoritarian. So both should be more accepting of other peoples positions.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-05-30 at 11:41 PM.