10+ Year Old Account

Question Classic dungeons for rep

I have an alt, that needs to be exalted with capital reputations..

On I go, strapping on tabards and run classic dungeons... 3 rep per trash mob, 60 rep per boss... It really takes forever..
    So, which dungeon can provide the most rep per hour?

Ideally, it would be a tiny dungeon, with a huge number of both trash and bosses, and where last boss is very close to entrance... But that doesn't seem to exist.. Or does it?

Which dungeon would YOU run?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am presuming this is at max level.

I wouldn't go for a short dungeon, I'd go for a long one close to a place where I can put a hearthstone that has a lot of mob density. If I was playing Alliance and just trying to grind I'd probably just do stockades really. That or Dire Maul's tree wing and run everything to the alternative exit, kill it there, exit and come in the other side after reseting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would probably be faster to just run the first part of Iron Docks on normal, really. Get in there, gather everything up, AoE it down, kill first boss, run out, reset, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Assuming max level.

I recommend running MoP dungeons. They should still be green mobs, thus giving you max rep per kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I am presuming this is at max level.
    Nope.. Currently 93..
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It would probably be faster to just run the first part of Iron Docks on normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    I recommend running MoP dungeons.
    Have they changed tabards to give rep in non-classic dungeons?

Iron Docks is totally out of the question. Not sure, I can even queue for it...
    MoP dungeons is too much of a challenge at 93.. I really suck at playing DK (yes, I'm the one guy, who cannot play DK).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I wouldn't go for a short dungeon, I'd go for a long one close to a place where I can put a hearthstone that has a lot of mob density. If I was playing Alliance and just trying to grind I'd probably just do stockades really.
    Stocks is a small dungeon, maybe the smallest in the game; 3 bosses, ~30 trash. That's only ~275 rep per run... I need 150-200.000 rep total..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

The tabards give rep in BC/WotLK dungeons at least. Can't remember if I ever used them in Cata dungeons or higher. On my (100) mage I was getting 15 rep from trash mobs in level 70 heroics if I remember it correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The tabards give rep in BC/WotLK dungeons at least. Can't remember if I ever used them in Cata dungeons or higher. On my (100) mage I was getting 15 rep from trash mobs in level 70 heroics if I remember it correctly.
    Could try TBC.. More rep would deffo be nice... However, HC mode is not viable, as you cannot reset them..

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as mobs and bosses are grey, they will yield only 3 rep per mob and 60 per boss. I would recommend lvling to 100, and then just spam dungeons at your own lvl with those tabards. Most grps now are overgeared so the dungeons go really fast, and you get the normal amount of rep per boss and mob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Could try TBC.. More rep would deffo be nice... However, HC mode is not viable, as you cannot reset them..
    rampage is your friend then. Id skip last 2 bosses for faster rep.
    e: Mana tombs could be even better, straight line, can pull every boss without any extra running and entrance close to last boss
    Also if you want to go fancy, rocket boots, speed pots, mists boots enchant definetly helps
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-05-31 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda608 View Post
    As long as mobs and bosses are grey, they will yield only 3 rep per mob and 60 per boss. I would recommend lvling to 100, and then just spam dungeons at your own lvl with those tabards. Most grps now are overgeared so the dungeons go really fast, and you get the normal amount of rep per boss and mob.
    Problem is, there is 30+ minutes queue for dps, so it would be really slow...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    rampage is your friend then. Id skip last 2 bosses for faster rep.
    e: Mana tombs could be even better, straight line, can pull every boss without any extra running and entrance close to last boss
    Will try them tonight..

Alternatively, you could try a cata dungeon, they should still be green for you, giving you more rep, but will be a breeze thanks to the squish buff you get in there.

edit: Grim Batol would be the best bet of the cata dungeons, just don't ride the dragon.
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2016-05-31 at 09:59 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking out of the box a little, have you considered the Argent Tournament?

The quests are really quick at your level and you get a lot of rep for them (250 per quest I think - 5 quests per day). Also you can keep on championing a faction without completing it, gatherhing seals which can be used for the next faction (so if you have some factions which need more rep than others you can stack them more).

On top of that you get other reputation done and a bunch of champion's seals which can be used for toys and mounts and pets and heirlooms - so if any of those are things you still want/need then this kills two birds with one stone.

The only problem with it is that there is a limit you can do per day, but still, assuming you're going to do this over a number of days/weeks anyway, spending your first rep-time of the day at the tournament might be worthwhile.

For me, if I had to do a dungeon, I would choose Stratholme because of the mount which I still have to get. Other instances might have a pet, toy, piece of transmog or something else you're interested in finding. With Transmog coming, it might be worth grinding each dungeon until you have all the plate drops sitting in your Void Storage and then moving to the next rather than just running one instance over and over.

Either way, killing two birds with one proverbial stone is IMO always a good way of getting these things done. Even if the instances (or argent tournament) you end up doing aren't the fastest way of getting the rep, if you can get something else done that you would have done later anyway, it's pure win

10+ Year Old Account
    OK... I tried TBC dungeons.. No matter, which tabard I had on, I got rep for all Vanilla factions... However it stopped at 5999/6000 friendly
    Moved on to Cata dungeons.. Normal dungeons is 3 or 15 for trash, 300 for bosses.. HC is 7 or 40 for trash and 400 for bosses... However it can only be done once per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Thinking out of the box a little, have you considered the Argent Tournament?
    I'm working my way up to AT.. The way I remember it, you need to be exalted, just to participate.. That Means, more grinding before I can even try a single faction there, let alone Work on the others..

Running Stonecore ATM because it drops a mount
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-05-31 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Just do MoP dungeons. Even heroic they are a breeze and reward the max rep. Sidenote: MoP dungeons also reward reputation with other tabards that won't work in WoD anymore.

Also as others stated, you could just queue for rnd heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Just do MoP dungeons. Even heroic they are a breeze and reward the max rep. Sidenote: MoP dungeons also reward reputation with other tabards that won't work in WoD anymore.

Also as others stated, you could just queue for rnd heroics.
    As I have stated... Queuing for dungeons = 30 minutes queue..
    Cata HC is way too slow, as I can't pull the entire dungeon and AoE it down.. What makes you think MoP HCs should be easier? Also, any HC is once per day....

Random HC is totally out of the question, due to level..

I'd just bite the bullet and do BC heroics. Those are all nicely grouped up and a good amount of them have quick exits. The clusters are all fairly close to a portal. From Shattrath you can get to the Auchenai and Serpentshine dungeons. From the Hellfire portal (in every home city) you can get to the Hellfire and Tempest Keep dungeons. Dungeons to save for last in their group are Shattered Halls, Slave Pens, Shadow Labyrinth and Arcatraz. I'd maybe skip Auchenai Crypts and Mechanar. Both are lacking an easy exit and have bigger dungeons in their group that also lack an easy exit. Unless you want Timekeeper rep, skip the CoT dungeons.

I do wonder why Blizzard decided to cap spillover rep at just before honor. That, along with the pre-Cata Runecloth turn-in, would have been another option for getting home city reputations.