Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So far only JC has throughput benefits in terms of 600 main stat gems. It is unknown if Blizzard plans to add similar things to other professions, but common oppinion is that they will do so.

The limiting factor in Legion crafting will not be "common" materials like leather/ores, but uncommon and rare ones. Uncommon materials like Felhides/Felwort/Infernal Brimstones are not BoP, but they are quite hard to get, so they will be expensive @ launch. There is also Blood of Sargares - BoP rare material which can be most effectively obtained through gathering professions and is the most difficult to get reagent.

Bloods of Sargares are used in almost every epic recipe, enchant or mount. They are also needed to make Obliterum Ash out of crafted epics. This ash is BoP. Every 100 dust can be used to make Obliterum - BoP consumable which increases epic crafted item iLvl by 5.

You obtain 25-35 ash per crafted gloves (using gloves as they are the easiest piece to make for me), so on average you will need 27 pairs to upgrade baseline 800 ilvl item to 840 one (this ilvl drops from mythic dungeons). Disenchanting each pair of gloves costs one Blood of Sargares, crafting each pair costs 2 bloods and 12 leathers. This tallies up to 83 Bloods and 336 leather in total.

Using two-star skinning skill you get about 25-35 Bloods per every 2000 leather you gather, and skinning is by far the most effective way of getting bloods right now.
    Last edited by Khebul; 2016-06-06 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Am I wrong or did i hear that you can swap professions without loosing skill?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    So far only JC has throughput benefits in terms of 600 main stat gems. It is unknown if Blizzard plans to add similar things to other professions, but common oppinion is that they will do so.

The limiting factor in Legion crafting will not be "common" materials like leather/ores, but uncommon and rare ones. Uncommon materials like Felhides/Felwort/Infernal Brimstones are not BoP, but they are quite hard to get, so they will be expensive @ launch. There is also Blood of Sargares - BoP rare material which can be most effectively obtained through gathering professions and is the most difficult to get reagent.

Bloods of Sargares are used in almost every epic recipe, enchant or mount. They are also needed to make Obliterum Ash out of crafted epics. This ash is BoP. Every 100 dust can be used to make Obliterum - BoP consumable which increases epic crafted item iLvl by 5.

You obtain 25-35 ash per crafted gloves (using gloves as they are the easiest piece to make for me), so on average you will need 27 pairs to upgrade baseline 800 ilvl item to 840 one (this ilvl drops from mythic dungeons). Disenchanting each pair of gloves costs one Blood of Sargares, crafting each pair costs 2 bloods and 12 leathers. This tallies up to 83 Bloods and 336 leather in total.

Using two-star skinning skill you get about 25-35 Bloods per every 2000 leather you gather, and skinning is by far the most effective way of getting bloods right now.
    Keeping Blood of Sargeras BoP will force many people to exchange a crafting profession for a gathering one. This is really bad move from blizzard. I speculate that this will change either rather soon in the expansion or after the first content patch (as usually happened with BoP crafting mats in the past).

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    On the topic of profession providing character power:

Except for JC, no profession (other than maybe Inscription with the Vantus Runes, which aren't inscription-only to use) gives character power at the moment.

JC is a bit different, since there is a JC only gem that you can socket into stuff (only one though) that gives +600 to your main stat. Normal Gems are +480 to a secondary stat at the moment and with the new scaling for secondaries that's in play for Legion, Main Stats are a good portion ahead in terms of pure DPS gain. So there you have it - JC's (as long as you can socket an item) can get +600 to a main stat at the moment, while others can't.

It's definitely a boost, whether or not it's something you'd HAVE to get solely depends on the style of content you're running or - in the case of raiding - if you are in a raiding guild that directly requires or motivates you to min/max.

Edit: And since it's Beta, you might still see this being changed/taken out or other professions getting the same primary stat boost in different ways.
    I just noticed the +600 gem for JC. Thanks for the info.

Looks strange to see this kind of bonus just for one profession. Maybe they will add a bonus for every profession or every serious raider will switch to JC. Wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I just noticed the +600 gem for JC. Thanks for the info.

Looks strange to see this kind of bonus just for one profession. Maybe they will add a bonus for every profession or every serious raider will switch to JC. Wait and see.
    I've been told that those 600+ main stat gems only go to Jewelcrafting crafted necklace sockets. Those necks also lack primary stats by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by maliciousplant View Post
    I've been told that those 600+ main stat gems only go to Jewelcrafting crafted necklace sockets. Those necks also lack primary stats by themselves.
    all Legion rings and necks are secondary stats only...crafted or not.