The Angry Birds Movie

Well, I had to go see this today because I was curious how it is getting much higher (double the) review scores than Warcraft (despite both being video game movies). 43% on rottentomatoes for Angry Birds vs only 19% for Warcraft.

First of all, the CGI is better than Warcraft. And the reviewers are right, it's a genuinely good, laugh-out-loud funny movie, unlike the hurried, badly-acted mess that is Warcraft. As the Straight reviewer put it this movie is "sarcastically, subversively funny, and all set within a surprisingly creative universe" - http://www.straight.com/movies/70284...pe-your-family

But what is most surprising is that it is quite clearly a pro-Trump movie. First Zootopia, now this? Woah Hollywood's full-lenght animated feature division has a right-wing agenda to push.

Spoilers from this point on.

So The Angry Birds Movie is about an ordinary community of happy (small town/suburban Americana - their civilization encompasses one tiny island) birds that find themselves having to turn to one of their own, a bird that has taken up the mantle of anger, for leadership - i.e. Trump.

This red bird, this angry bird, was one of the only believers in Mighty Eagle - their community's original and missing leader (i.e. the constitution/the founding principles of America) - and mocked for it. But it's his "not nice" personality that the birds end up needing to resolve the movie's crisis - a group of Mexican (well, Tex-Mex) migrant pigs that arrive by boat to the birds' island, abuse their hospitality and steal all their eggs (children/future) to eat.

The parallels are just staring at you right in the face the whole movie.

Variety's review also comes away with this impression: "Agreeability gets you so far in life, but when the chips are down, it helps to lose your temper sometimes. That’s a pretty unexpected moral takeaway for a kids’ movie, and it’s just one surprise of many in 'The Angry Birds Movie'"
    http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews...ew-1201768669/

How the FUCK is Zootopia, of all things, pro-Trump??? Troll thread's gonna troll... saying shit like that and that Angry Birds would be a good movie.

Yes. This is a Finnish conspiracy to get Trump elected. Funding came secretly from Putin who ordered everyone to play Angry Birds. Mea culpa.

I think it has a lot more to do with Europe then it does America in any meaningful way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well played sir. This deserves a 7/10 just for the effort.

You honour our mighty race.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That feeling you get when you know you've been on the internet too long and are internetted out. Thanks for the lolz though. 10/10 would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Well played sir. This deserves a 7/10 just for the effort.

You honour our mighty race.
    I don't know, I think he put too much effort for such an obvious product. That's not what this business is about.

Subtlety is key, you must lure people into the discussion, have them present their arguments, let them write more than you, and once there are several people going back and forth, you drop something incredibly stupid that would have been obvious to them, were they not already in the middle of it.

Then watch those people take sides and discuss something none of them wanted to.

By the way, I don't think the Angry Birds movie is so terrible it deserves this as its only thread. It's kind of insulting to a pretty well crafted animation, regardless of how bland it turned out.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-31 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't know, I think he put too much effort for such an obvious product. That's not what this business is about.

Subtlety is key, you must lure people into the discussion, have them present their arguments, let them write more than you, and once there are several people going back and forth, you drop something incredibly stupid that would have been obvious to them, were they not already in the middle of it.

Then watch those people take sides and discuss something none of them wanted to.

By the way, I don't think the Angry Birds movie is so terrible it deserves this as its only thread. It's kind of insulting to a pretty well crafted animation, regardless of how bland it turned out.
    You are right, it's too obvious, but I did spit my coffee at "First of all, the CGI is better than Warcraft". He deserves some praise for that alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like some people try and grasp at things that ain't their. At first it makes me laugh, then feel sad, then laugh again, then get bored and go watch t.v

15+ Year Old Account
    If mental gymnastics were an Olympic sport in Rio, you, sir, would win the gold medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actuly one of the better video game movies. Compared to animated version...i kinda like those birds with hands and feet more.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I could get the argument on Angry Birds seeming pro-trump simply due to the nature of invading enemies and reclaiming your own stuff, though it is a stretch, but Zootopia was like the most left-wing movie I've ever seen. It was beautifully made though.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if it's the other way around? Trump read the script couple of years ago and thought: this is who I want to be!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Shut the hell up

Well, definitely closing this. Conspiracy theories aren't appropriate on this forum.