Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Downloading music off youtube and putting it on your mp3 player is somehow pirating but going on youtube ittself and listening to that music for free with a adblocker somehow is not.
    what is this, politics?

I just put my ghetto blaster beside my laptop speakers and hit record. I have it all on tape.

That content is already free though. If you don't count adds. If you do count adds, then you'd have to consider addblock piracy too. Which makes little sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I've downloaded over 5,000 videos from Youtube, kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I just put my ghetto blaster beside my laptop speakers and hit record. I have it all on tape.
    8-track tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That content is already free though. If you don't count adds. If you do count adds, then you'd have to consider addblock piracy too. Which makes little sense.
    He already said that he considers it theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You're taking the uploaders property without their consent and denying them both control over it and income from it. Yes, it's pirating.
    I think youtube should resolve other issues first, like illegal strikes and illegal bans.

The way I see it is - if you upload stuff online, its free game as long as you dont profit from it. Who cares if I download a video??? The only reason I would download in the first place is because I don't want to keep reloading video over and over and eat traffic for no reason. Youtube should fix their buffering system at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site
    You are wrong here. Google has the right to BLOCK ANYONE who uses adblock. Meaning if your adblock is ON you cannot enter the website at all. Its their choice to continue allowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site
    Seeing as ads can contain viruses and trojans, it'll be a cold day in Hell before i turn off adblock.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Good luck trying to kill off all sites that offer a specific service. That's worked so amazingly before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Google has the right to BLOCK ANYONE who uses adblock. Meaning if your adblock is ON you cannot enter the website at all. Its their choice to continue allowing it.
    Websites can't detect whether there's a browser addon installed in your browser. They can't "block" anyone using AdBlock. What they can do is wrap content inside an ad, which then means the content won't load since the ad is blocked. However, all you need to do then is change the filter a bit, and possibly allow that one blocked element.

No sense of irony there, considering that free listening of full length albums (with no artist compensation) is part of the reason Youtube became so popular in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Good thing it's like voting third party. Not enough do it to matter.

And I don't know about youtube specifically, but most sites only make money if people click the ads (it's the most prevalent model). In which case, they aren't losing any money from me: because I don't click ads as a matter of principle.
    That model was replaced a couple of years ago. Now money is generated by banners which do not require clicking the ad. Only a stupid uses Google ad word. So yeah you are essentially depriving websites from their money when using adblock

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    He already said that he considers it theft.
    I was speaking more to general audience. Orlong gotta Orlong.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Hey I have an idea!

Let's remove all copyrighted material from Youtube. All of it. Like, all of it. Including from people's videos where they use like 1-2 seconds of it, because fuck fair use. That would be removing what, 99.999% of the videos on Youtube?

Then, let's make Youtube subscription-based. You need to pay to see any videos.

Amazing, right! Sure, it's a complete 180 of what made Youtube popular, and would completely kill the site, but hey who cares. Because copyright laws are so important, amirite! Not like the music industry and smaller artists haven't gotten insane boosts thanks to people ignoring copyright laws. That hasn't happened, at all. Right?

Deleted
    Youtube to Mp3 rocks, using it all the time.

It's not really a big deal if they manage to close these sites, new sites or new apps will just pop up to replace them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I was speaking more to general audience. Orlong gotta Orlong.
    It's kinda theft though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Websites can't detect whether there's a browser addon installed in your browser. They can't "block" anyone using AdBlock. What they can do is wrap content inside an ad, which then means the content won't load since the ad is blocked. However, all you need to do then is change the filter a bit, and possibly allow that one blocked element.
    Yes they can. This isn't 2006. You can use simple JS to detect is a certain element on the page have been blocked. No need to put content inside an "ad". That's a very stupid idea from the start.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaranh View Post
    Youtube to Mp3 rocks, using it all the time.

It's not really a big deal if they manage to close these sites, new sites or new apps will just pop up to replace them
    Eventually they will find a way to completely shut them down. People said the same thing about piracy in gaming and now denuvo it's giving pirates a hard time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Hey I have an idea!

Let's remove all copyrighted material from Youtube. All of it. Like, all of it. Including from people's videos where they use like 1-2 seconds of it, because fuck fair use. That would be removing what, 99.999% of the videos on Youtube?

Then, let's make Youtube subscription-based. You need to pay to see any videos.

Amazing, right! Sure, it's a complete 180 of what made Youtube popular, and would completely kill the site, but hey who cares. Because copyright laws are so important, amirite! Not like the music industry and smaller artists haven't gotten insane boosts thanks to people ignoring copyright laws. That hasn't happened, at all. Right?
    Right! ...waaaaitaminute!

Agreed on most points. :P

Wonder when data will stream directly into our minds, and we won't be able to attempt to communicate it without passing out. Downloading what is freely available to stream...maybe they should embed ads into the content, then.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Seeing as ads can contain viruses and trojans, it'll be a cold day in Hell before i turn off adblock.
    Exactly. If the ads were completely safe and they stopped doing auto-play videos with volume at 800%, I would gladly remove my adblock. Until then, it says up

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    It's kinda theft though.
    I suppose that's why people are prosecuted left and right for using AdBlock.