Deleted

Reaper worst character in the game?

I honestly like this character's whole design and background even if it is making a mockery of something sensitive like autism, dwarfism or being an edgelord. So upon buying, I looked for feedback on him and where to get started. Wouldn't be lying when I claim everyone says to stay away, as he is supposedly outclassed by everyone, especially the woman engineer and the swedish dwarf. If you pick Reaper, you're simply asking for trouble and the best I heard he does is death blossom sometimes but is a borderline rage pick on attack.

Share with me whether or not this is true as I pick it up from other Overwatch discussion places.

Personally I went with Torbjörn but I can see where you're coming from with Reaper.

"Die, Die, Die, Dagggh" Need to buff him totally.. maybe two extra shotguns might help so he actually do some damage.

He definitely is not easy to play, because you have to play him as an close combat double-shotgun glass cannon rogue (assassin), nothing else. Many people have problems with discovering how he should be played, that's why there is soo much negative feedback, because they like the design, but they struggle with playing him like an glass-cannon veery close combat assasin.
    I have great results with him, no rage at all as I know when he excels and how he should be used. He has insane close combat damage.

Symmetra probably has less utility overall aside from early game defense (especially after the shield nerf). Reaper's fantastic at flanking and can shred tanks especially quickly, execute healers in clutch moments because of their low HP, and clear objs with his ult. He's really useful when trying to push, essentially. He can take out key targets from unexpected angles and then use his "Get out of jail free" card by pressing shift and returning to the team or disappearing.

It just takes time to get acquainted with maps to learn the ideal locations to teleport to and flank your opponents. A Reaper who just charges from the front is going to get rekt. A Reaper who attacks from behind or above can be devastating, especially if your team is engaging on the opposite flank.

There's not really a bad hero in this game. There are ezmode ones like Mei, McCree, Torb and Bastion who are straightforwardly good, but others have learning curves that can be exceptionally steep (Zarya, Zenyatta, Genji) and are worth the effort. Reaper is somewhere in the middle because you need to learn some good FPS fundamentals like strafing and positioning as well as strong map knowledge, but simply seeing how his kit is built around ambush play makes it clear how you should tackle the character.

So many people don't read the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    He definitely is not easy to play, because you have to play him as an close combat double-shotgun glass cannon rogue (assassin), nothing else. Many people have problems with discovering how he should be played, that's why there is soo much negative feedback, because they like the design, but they struggle with playing him like an glass-cannon veery close combat assasin.
    I have great results with him, no rage at all as I know when he excels and how he should be used. He has insane close combat damage.
    He is definitely not a glass cannon, plenty of survivability

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    I honestly like this character's whole design and background even if it is making a mockery of something sensitive like autism, dwarfism or being an edgelord. So upon buying, I looked for feedback on him and where to get started. Wouldn't be lying when I claim everyone says to stay away, as he is supposedly outclassed by everyone, especially the woman engineer and the swedish dwarf. If you pick Reaper, you're simply asking for trouble and the best I heard he does is death blossom sometimes but is a borderline rage pick on attack.

Share with me whether or not this is true as I pick it up from other Overwatch discussion places.
    My best game was with Reaper...so whoever is telling you he sucks must absolute suck playing as him. A big thing with him is knowing when to use your L.Shift ability to close the gap(ambush) or get away.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-05-31 at 04:56 PM.

What? Reaper is literally the BM hunter of Overwatch (meaning brainless, easy to pick up and do well, extremely irritating to play against as it requires zero skill and is extremely powerful). You get in your opponent's face (he has a teleport to make that even easier btw), hold left click and things just die.

Got in trouble? Press shift, become IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING and just run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So many people don't read the OP.
    If there was a joke in it he did a terrible job of executing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    Alternatively it flew over your head because you don't read the Overwatch forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZxRazor View Post
    You've probably missed the post that sparked these joke versions, the one about a certain Sentry planting chick.. hint hint.. wink wink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Reaper becomes a much better character/class when you think of him as a melee assassin as opposed to a close-quarters gunner. His ability to teleport to back areas and sniper perches, and also his ability to ghost away from overwhelming engagements makes him a great assassin. Getting behind Bastions and Widowmakers, or just popping into a flanking position and decimating a defensive wedge from behind, those are Reaper's strong suites. Rushing into combat and firing your guns, however, will just get you killed (unless you've got heavy support/backup). His passive could definitely use some work, though - consuming the souls of defeated enemies for health doesn't really work very well for his skill set. Would make more sense if souls either counted huge toward triggering his Ultimate or if they reduced the CD's on his other abilities.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    You've probably missed the post that sparked these joke versions, the one about a certain Sentry planting chick.. hint hint.. wink wink.
    Probably. I'm here for Legion; just saw this post on the recent topics.

Huh. I actually usually do well with him. He can 1v1 most characters at close range and he SHREDS tanks. His damage is insane up close.

His shift allows you to dodge crap like McCree's flashbang or ults and then it's Reaper with no spells vs anyone else with no spells, which Reaper usually wins.

His ultimate is one of the few that can kill an entire team in just 2 seconds.

I sneak around the edges of the man and use Shadowstep to reach snipers or put myself in position for Death Blossom.

I don't think he's weak or needs buffs. If I HAD to buff him I'd increase the healing from orbs. 50hp doesn't mean anything, really.

Reaper is great at crushing tanks and bastions. You need to know how to play this dude ten times more than any other aggresive hero. As I play 40% of the time Roadhog this dude absolutely crushes me if I miss my hook or hook him with 400or less health. (Most of it is my fault for sure but still)

use teleport behind snipers or bastions and 1 shot.

go invulnerable if you're in trouble.

not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post threads just to troll the forum. Stay constructive.