Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    This argument seems to come up and gets circled around because people are arguing about 2 separate things.

The 1st amendment and the idea of freedom of speech.

The first amendment existed during the 60s when the prevailing christian culture was going after everyone but specifically comics like Lenny Bruce and George Carlin as well as musicians like Frank Zappa. It wasnt just people like Frank Zappa, but rappers like NWA that were then targeted by the government for their ideas and music that were against the grain.

From comics, anti-war protestors, civil rights leaders to hardcore rappers the government has always went after "dangerous ideas".

That is one side of the issue, the other side is whether or not you have a platform to say whatever you want on others "property" or platforms.

Twitter and Facebook are the big ones today and they definetly politically censor views that they dont like. That is their right as it is their platform, however where I take issue is when a platform provider censors political ideas while trying to claim to be remaining "neutral". Presently this is really infested in left wing cultures, which is ironic because they have been pushing for "diversity" for years. Thats where my disgust is, people that claim to support free speech but then censor opinions they dont like by applying one of the dreaded "racist" "bigoted" or "hate speech" labels. Its simply a lack of honesty and transparency.
    All this and in the end you come to the conclusion that racists, bigots and hate speakers are the victims.

If their ideas were worth reading and discussing, they wouldn´t need to use racist comments, bigoted statements or hate speech, the dictionary has quite the number of words, use them. It´s not censoring political ideas, unless of course the political idea is to just kill everyone that´s not us or something alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    All this and in the end you come to the conclusion that racists, bigots and hate speakers are the victims.

If their ideas were worth reading and discussing, they wouldn´t need to use racist comments, bigoted statements or hate speech, the dictionary has quite the number of words, use them. It´s not censoring political ideas, unless of course the political idea is to just kill everyone that´s not us or something alike.
    Any statement can be considered racist today , that's how low the bar has been set by the left wing that label everything as racist. So just to establish

1. You don't like freedom of speech
    2. All things you consider racist or morally wrong should be banned
    3. All things that are "racist" have no value.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/a...witter#ref=rss

Don't worry guys, you just have to stop using facebook and twitter, they are just private organizations afterall.
    Apart from the fact that you now have german police chasing you and wanting to arrest and charge you for simply criticising the migrant situation through social media.

We're moving back in the times, it's amazing.

Deleted
    yeah cos ppl arrest you for being racist towards migrants if its the other way around police dnt do shit, thats how the police are in the UK, if migrants throw racial slurs to a white man police dnt do shit, if i threw racial slurs at an immigrant i bet you 100% id be arrested this is how the UK has become we are 2nd class citizens in out own damn country and the people who wanna remain in the EU want that, they need to go fuck themselfs tbh cos the remain camp is full of biased and brainwashed fools

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/a...witter#ref=rss

Don't worry guys, you just have to stop using facebook and twitter, they are just private organizations afterall.
    Apart from the fact that you now have german police chasing you and wanting to arrest and charge you for simply criticising the migrant situation through social media.

We're moving back in the times, it's amazing.
    You´re aware that that facebook page was deleting and censoring comments themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

Any statement can be considered racist today , that's how low the bar has been set by the left wing that label everything as racist. So just to establish

1. You don't like freedom of speech
    2. All things you consider racist or morally wrong should be banned
    3. All things that are "racist" have no value.
    Three strawmans in one post, come on, you can do better than that.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You´re aware that that facebook page was deleting and censoring comments themselves?
    And sending police after people ?

Not even remotely relevant to what i posted there, we have German police trying to arrest people for expressing their opinions on the migrant situation through social media, you guys just can't accept that we are turning into Russia and China tier censorship until it bites you into the fucking face do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    And sending police after people ?
    It´s not in the article why there are three lawsuits, against the supposed operator of that page.

The code of conduct arrives as Europe comes to terms with the bloody attacks in Paris and Brussels by Islamic State, which has used the Web and social media to spread its message of hate against its enemies.
    That line gets me the most. Because it's people frustrated by that situation and speak out against it who get censored (or worse).

Like don't even fucking pretend it's that way. It's the exact fucking opposite. Western governments are on their knees taking a bukake of middle eastern oil, which ultimately funds terrorism against western citizens and we are fucking censored in ways that make it difficult to express our outrage and frustration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even remotely relevant to what i posted there, we have German police trying to arrest people for expressing their opinions on the migrant situation through social media, you guys just can't accept that we are turning into Russia and China tier censorship until it bites you into the fucking face do you?
    It´s not in the article why there are three lawsuits against that person. Merely guessing isn´t helpful. That facebook page was hailing Russia and censoring their comment section, quite ironic, don´t you think?

It´s not in the article why there are three lawsuits against that person. Merely guessing isn´t helpful. That facebook page was hailing Russia and censoring their comment section, quite ironic, don´t you think?
    Mr. Rönsch is wanted in connection with spreading hate speech about migrants, as well as for fraud and other crimes. The prosecutor did not go into detail regarding the charges, though noted that the site had been advertising “right-wing” views.

Yeah gee, i wonder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    Ah the private company boys, sure man, tell me what if google decided to only show far right news, far right perspective in the political search results?
    Would it be good? They are private company.
    They'd become FOX. Duh.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Rönsch is wanted in connection with spreading hate speech about migrants, as well as for fraud and other crimes. The prosecutor did not go into detail regarding the charges, though noted that the site had been advertising “right-wing” views.

Yeah gee, i wonder.
    Exactly, no details. But keep on guessing it´s only because he was advertising "right-wing" views.