Poll: Rate the Warcraft movie

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Wonder how well it'll do in the US...

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    You? You LOVE to interject your opinion all over me whenever you get the chance. Calm down, kid.
    I cant tell if you're a troll or just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    I cant tell if you're a troll or just stupid
    I say the same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    As a love letter to the fans the film is SOLID. If you want to see your favourite characters and locations on the big screen this film delivers and then some. If you are a fan of the series it is a must-watch and I will be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy it.

That said, as a film it is awful. The pacing sucks, there is no suspense, you don't get the feeling that the stakes are high and the plot and overall dialogue are bad. I can imagine someone going into this without any prior knowledge of the games and characters and being left confused because there is no explanation, no backstory and no character development.

This doesn't matter if you are fan of the series. I say go and see it and form your own opinion - at the very least the film will keep you entertained.
    People keep saying this, that the mystery makes people confused. Its quite the opposite, every non-fan review has been better than most actual WoW players as they're new to everything in the movie and they enjoy the mystery. Not knowing everything and the backstory right away isnt always a bad thing homie. Then again, most people who watch movies go for entertainment not a dramatic story, so Warcraft has that going for it. Its definitely a fun movie.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Wonder how well it'll do in the US...
    I'll go out on a limb and say it tops the weekend, don't think it has any serious competition and it's got that counter-culture nerd marketing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say it tops the weekend, don't think it has any serious competition and it's got that counter-culture nerd marketing.
    The movie already raked in 70+ million dollars in just a few days with China or the US not even launching.

It is on target to reach 400 million dollars just in theaters for the first 4 weeks.

Add the assured 10 million DVD/BlueRay of the 40 minutes longer Direction Cut for the fans and with over half a billion dollars in revenue it will reach its target with ease.

Expect Warcraft 2 in 3-4 years in theaters.

Of course WoW the game is sitting on ... 12 billion dollars revenue already or WAY more than the 4 best selling movies of all time combined
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-06-07 at 05:40 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    9. Loved it. Loved it so much. So fucking good.
    Pacing was too fast, but that's it for me. Super ultra good.

Deleted
    only CGI parts: 9/10
    CGI + Human actors with awkward dialogues = 6/10

Dunno it`s hard to call this 1 movie ... it`s more like 2 movies (1 rly good warcraft movie and 1 stupid as fuck movie(rly rly awkward dialogues). No I´m not hatin ! Just see the movie for yourself (i will watch second movie too).

I went with a grim expression on my face, sure as I was of the lore butchering I was going to face.
    Midway through the movie, tho, I tried to watch it as a fantasy movie and I had to admit that it wasn't so bad.