Poll: When was WoW PvP at its peak?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    people are actually voting wrath lmao, DK's sure were balanced oh and that ICC trinket oh AND shadowmourne. you guys are fanatical with wrath.

Personally, I had the most fun in BC when it came to PvP. I never cared a lot for arenas, but in terms of balance before, I feel like BC was the best. Wrath kind of brought this "lolburst oneshot kill" stuff along. I also loved PvP in Classic. The class balance wasn't really there at all, but again, I never liked arenas. So I liked how it was all about the battlegrounds and world PvP in those days.

I had some fun in Wrath though, don't get me wrong. It was definitely fun to wreck people when I played a warrior with armor penetration and Shadowmourne. I just feel like Wrath went over the top with burst damage. It was so easy for 75% of a health bar to disappear in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-06-02 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    people are actually voting wrath lmao, DK's sure were balanced oh and that ICC trinket oh AND shadowmourne. you guys are fanatical with wrath.
    You might've missed the question.

Nowhere did the OP ever ask what the most balanced PvP era. Honestly, perfect balance would require extreme sterilization and nobody would really have fun.

What you're missing is that, at least in my perspective (and likely many others) we didn't care. The gameplay was so fun that I actually gave a shit that it was imbalanced and wanted to see it get better. I played a destruction warlock through a lot of WotLK and we were, at best, middle-of-the-road and got stepped all over by basically every plate wearer but all it did was make me want to try to figure out how best to defeat them. When PvP is fast, your toolkit doesn't matter as much as how you can use it in tandem to get the edge on an opponent who doesn't know their class as well, and that was a great feeling.

PvP since WotLK has been a sluggish mess where damage is all over the place and Blizzard is insistent on having consistent damage low and burst damage insanely high, and to be blunt that's just not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    WoW's pvp peak was Classic, and anyone saying anything different either didn't experience it or is flat out lying.
    or didn't appreciate warlocks running around dotting everything 12 hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

For me Cata easy. Season 1 and 2 of RBGs was hands down the most fun I have had pvping. Soon after that and for all of MoP bots in bgs were so bad I slowly stopped pvp all together.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Personally, I had the most fun in BC when it came to PvP. I never cared a lot for arenas, but in terms of balance before, I feel like BC was the best. Wrath kind of brought this "lolburst oneshot kill" stuff along. I also loved PvP in Classic. The class balanc

Deleted
    While I know Wrath had some really stupid shit (Orange Cleave or Wizard Cleave comes to mind) - I personally had the most fun in Wrath. I am just bummed out, I missed the first 2 seasons because I was shit at rated PvP.

Deleted
    Vanilla was fun in a way... but mostly because Arena wasn't invented yet.
    The Burning Crusade wins this for me!

40% of you guys probably played DK in Wrath and were too fucking overpowered :>

Honestly I liked Vanilla PVP the most. It's when I PVP'd the most and had the most fun. Things were a little janky at times but that added to the excitement imo.

Old School AV was incredible and WSG and AB are my 2 favorite BGs. I hate Arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK, Wintergrasp was currently the best world pvp event to date, Halaa was fun back in Bc and Tolbarad felt like playing tug o' war.

I wish blizzard would make a weekly pvp quest that alternated between all the old world pvp content, it would be nice since i was not around for Vanilla world pvp and the closest i seen was Tarren mill vs. Southshore back in BC/Wotlk

voted Wrath because Wintergrasp but arena was a clusterfuck of DKs and Paladins.

Deleted
    Vanilla was the most fun, but not balanced.

I personally enjoyed MoP PvP quite a bit.

patch 3.3.5 in wrath. there were some minor imbalances but overall best

3.3.5 there's a reason so many private servers use 3.3.5

It's considered the most balanced

Also massive LOL at Vanilla. Most specs were horrible, you had to be a no lifer to have the best ranks, PvP gear was shit compared to PvE gear and you had way less cooldowns and spells to use.

Wotlk was balanced by pve gear, it was also popular because pve gear was usable

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Vanilla is 2nd. If they brought it back to Vanilla pvp people would fucking explode in a shower of tears. Perma CC, 1 shots galore and pve gear gods. I'm not saying I personally wouldn't like to revisit it for a bit (I loved using unique quest items and crafted stuff to my advantage). But the vast majority of the community does not want that back in the game, I guarantee it. They just think they do.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Guess I'm a flat out liar then.
    It's one or the other, so indeed.

Wrath is the correct answer, from an objective healthy-state-of-the-game viewpoint.

Subscriber numbers reflected that this was the height of the golden age of the game. It achieved this because it centered around iconic story concepts, had the right mix of difficulty/reward and had options which kept many players active, regardless of how hardcore they were. The game was not old enough to have lost its appeal for many and had a good mix of quality of life without going overboard and spoon-feeding everything.

Flawed? Of course, as every expansion was. This was just the right mix for the highest number of people. Answers like "vanilla because it was hardcore, lawl wrath babies" aren't objective. If you're into vanilla, etc. that's cool, but its preference, not objectivity.

Wrath could be pretty mongoloid, but its simplicity allowed easy mastery so a lot of people got into it. It was an exciting time all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked WOD pvp, because its really fast to get gear via Gladiator Sanctum, and because there is gear scaling, diff beetween geared and bad geared is still big but not that big as before. And because of Merc mode.

World PVP wise Cataclysm/Early MOP was worst. Best World PVP probably TBC, not sure about Vanilla

WOTLK had some good world pvp also, but gearing system was horrible you had to do alot PVE for gettinb proper gear in pvp.