Green screens for Twitch live streaming

Ive been trying to get more into streaming recently and wanted a green screen. My desk is in a bad place where you can seem whole living room in the cam yet i do not have room directly behind me for a screen because its my dining room. I went on a mission to create some NEW and AWESOME product to solve this issue only to find out someone else already apparently did even though they didnt realize it.

A blue screen that attaches to your pc chair... I am really thinking of picking one of these things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wg4MUCLkAM

Maybe 15 years ago I had a web cam that you could just set up to ignore everything currently in its field of vision and only things that were different would show up. So you could move yourself and your chair out of the way, set the camera, then when you come back into view everything but you and your chair is visible. Is this no longer a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Maybe 15 years ago I had a web cam that you could just set up to ignore everything currently in its field of vision and only things that were different would show up. So you could move yourself and your chair out of the way, set the camera, then when you come back into view everything but you and your chair is visible. Is this no longer a thing?
    No, because the quality was terrible. Green / Blue screen isn't great, but it's far better than this Webcam nonsense you're talking about. I do remember them, and I remember thinking they were shit then, let alone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No, because the quality was terrible. Green / Blue screen isn't great, but it's far better than this Webcam nonsense you're talking about. I do remember them, and I remember thinking they were shit then, let alone now.
    Whats the alternative to green screening when you need to kill the back ground?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    A bluescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Nothing really, other than a Blue Screen. I was saying about the Webcam, being awful. Green Screen isn't perfect, but it's a whole lot better than some alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    A bluescreen.
    Most people consider blue/green screen the same thing. the thing in the video is blue