Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb If Nazi Germany had won WWII

If Nazi Germany had won WWII, and controlled Europe, what would the world look like today?

There is a show out on Amazon Prime that shows a United States controlled by Nazi Germany, and Japan, but realistically, they probably wouldn't have had the manpower to take the fight overseas to control the United States.

How would Europe be today if this had happened? Would Hitler have lived longer than he did, seeing as even though he committed suicide, he had several health problems and was addicted to drugs. Would a Nazi controlled Europe last long?

In my opinion, I dont think a Nazi controlled Europe would have lasted long even if Germany would have won the war. Maybe 10-20 years? Soviet Russia only lasted another 30-40 years and they didn't begin a war.

Your thoughts?

Why am I not surprised ...

The US would've more strongly allied with Stalin and kicked Germany's ass. Stalin would've owned Europe entirely though, Soviet Union might still be a thing.

Europe would be one huge 1980's Poland.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler...

There is an old bOok, call Waffen SS Britain ...pretty good read., on amazon if you want to look it up.
    Probably a reprint now...I had it ...early 90's/

The world would be different. Cant judge if better or worse because I dont know what would have happend.

It would't have lasted much longer than Hitler himself did, the particular structure they had was rife with cronyism, nepotism and really only held together by a convergence of self interest and the presence/oratory skills of Hitler himself. They didn't have the Second Fuhrer waiting in the wings so when one guy is acting as the center of gravity for a collection of people and he dies or removes himself from the picture chaos ensues and everything scatters.

They'd have been able to continue on for a time based on the strength of military occupation but they would have crumbled from within far sooner than they'd ever would have been conquered from without.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, i proberly think that germany would have expanded its borders into france, polen and denmark. But i don't think that the nazies could control anymore then that, and they would proberly have made peace with both US and Russia, whether it was because of conquest or longing for peace

But it is generally hard to compromise this into a single post, since the entire world would change if the victors of WWII was different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    It would't have lasted much longer than Hitler himself did, the particular structure they had was rife with cronyism, nepotism and really only held together by a convergence of self interest and the presence/oratory skills of Hitler himself. They didn't have the Second Fuhrer waiting in the wings so when one guy is acting as the center of gravity for a collection of people and he dies or removes himself from the picture chaos ensues and everything scatters.

They'd have been able to continue on for a time based on the strength of military occupation but they would have crumbled from within far sooner than they'd ever would have been conquered from without.
    Dictatorships often only last aslong as its greatest leader. The thing was with Mao, Stalin, and to some extent, Hitler. After Stalins death, nobody could keep up the facade anymore. The same thing would have happend with Hitlers Germany.

Also, politics often change people. After some years of nazi-supremacy, other ismes would proberly pop up and combat the nationalism. Change would have occured and the nazi symbol would proberly disappear from Europe and become a part of the history books.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would`ve been awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Nazi regime would collapse as soon as Hitler died and the infighting in the government started. The regime depended on his personality too much; as soon as he is gone, it would be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the world would have been fucked at some point.

If Germany just conquered all of Western Europe and Italy/Germany controlled most of Africa and the Middle East. I think a pretty contentious cold war would have developed between Germany and the USSR, far more so than between the US and USSR... One that would inevitably have gone hot and resulted in a nuclear exchange.

And if Germany would have conquered Western Europe and the USSR, the same type of contentious cold war that would have eventually gone hot with the US.

The US and USSR, although ideologically opposed, didn't hate each other... They didn't, by and large, desire the destruction of each other. They simply thought "ours is the right way and we will go about our global affairs to that end..." Watchful/fearful of each other.

Nazi Germany would have wanted to dominate though... It would have wanted to wipe its opposition out. And that ideology would have eventually resulted in a nuclear war, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think the world would have been fucked at some point.

If Germany just conquered all of Western Europe and Italy/Germany controlled most of Africa and the Middle East. I think a pretty contentious cold war would have developed between Germany and the USSR, far more so than between the US and USSR... One that would inevitably have gone hot and resulted in a nuclear exchange.

And if Germany would have conquered Western Europe and the USSR, the same type of contentious cold war that would have eventually gone hot with the US.

The US and USSR, although ideologically opposed, didn't hate each other... They didn't, by and large, desire the destruction of each other. They simply thought "ours is the right way and we will go about our global affairs to that end..." Watchful/fearful of each other.

Nazi Germany would have wanted to dominate though... It would have wanted to wipe its opposition out. And that ideology would have eventually resulted in a nuclear war, in my opinion.
    We sent 2,000 locomotives to the USSR in WWII, not including box cars. You could pick up and move whole armies with 2,000 locomotives.

The US had a bigger GDP than all other combatants combined.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    If Nazi won WW2, there would be robot dogs everywhere, and some mad scientist would have implement a way to put human brain into combat robot and such.

Then we would have to wait for some rebellion to infiltrate their stronghold which is some form of castle by that time in order to save humanity.

That all comes after a zombie apocalypse though during the Nazi invasion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    It would`ve been awesome.

Ugh. Somehow I get the feeling Adolf would have been a big fan of shitty house music.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The US had a bigger GDP than all other combatants combined.
    I thought that was bloody impressive, so I Googled it...

This is the GDP comparison I'm using. It's either in this video or the next.

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Few things:

- partisan fighting and underground resistance
    - personality-bound and -centric leadership
    - lack of intelligentsia

Basically his lackeys really hated each other and they weren't too bright either. So the end would have been a Germany with a lot of political infighting, and as with most empires that went through such periods eventually got split up and collapsed. The constant needle stings by partisans and underground resistance would have meant that the state would eventually overextend its forces within and without. Lastly, the sheer lack of intelligentsia, as a lot of it had been Jewish or communist, would eventually have led to a scientific and technological standstill especially since it was "purified" under the Nazis to be nothing more than "Aryan science" (see Aryan physics for example).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    The world would have been fucked. Be glad that ww2 was so early, else nuclear weapons would have been included. They were only a few years after it.

The most realistic scenario would have been D-Day was a failure to establish any foothold in the northern european theatre. Germany lacked the resources to hold anything in north africa. I think the best thing scenario to look at would have been is not Germany winning but a general cease fire was called and neither side pursued further transgressions.

This would mean half of poland, france, denmark all being occupied. If this continued there is no doubt that Germany would have developed their own nuclear weapons in the next few years just as the Soviet Union had. Germany would have still continued to eradicate all Jews and probably succeed in their established territories. There would no doubt there would be another cold war in which case it would be Germany and USSR mainly confronting one another. Since their proximity is much closer than the US war could have precipitated again except with the dropping of nukes on each other. They would have likely used higher yield warheads with Germans using their already evolving cruise missle tech.

IMO we would have been looking at the biggest catastrophe ever.