Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Should Blizzard Re-Hire Ghostcrawler?

It seems as though that Ghostcrawler has made a ton of sense lately with his tweets, and his general attitude towards game development. He hasn't been with Blizzard for the better part of 3 years, and yet, he still brings insight and knowledge about how development should be.

Do you think Blizzard should re-hire him in some sort of consulting fashion to help with the continued development of not only WoW but also their other franchises?

I would definitely be in support of them re-hiring him.

His insight and knowledge are merely his opinions which he has felt more comfortable sharing since leaving Blizzard so no. Blizzard don't need consulting on how to make their game better after the reception WoD was given. Legion looks like it is getting back on track but only time will tell.

No.

I'm sure he's a fine game developer. But it's very easy to seem truly insightful with full hindsight. Also the things he says are probably the things being discussed internally at Blizzard too. Blizzard just doesn't communicate all that as freely.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a great thread that will be civil and nice

/s

But no, they shouldt
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Considering Ghostcrawler left on his own accord, I don't think rehiring him works that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

He would have to want to go back to Blizzard, then we could actually consider if they should hire him. Considering he left on his own, and has not expressed any interest in coming back, and likely has an unbelievable deal/contract with Riot, this conversation is moot.

Deleted
    People know that he worked on WoD too right?

Look, I like the guy, but having or not having him won't change the direction of the game at all that much if at all.
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2016-06-02 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although people can return to companies they've left (our QA manager did), Ghostcrawler probably doesn't want to.

His insights and thoughts on WoW were expressed over the years. There is no reason to try to get him back.

I'd like to see him back. I doubt he'd come back.

In some way he's already working, providing us with tweets of him answering random questions to fill the void on the news page.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Although people can return to companies they've left (our QA manager did), Ghostcrawler probably doesn't want to.

His insights and thoughts on WoW were expressed over the years. There is no reason to try to get him back.
    Thing is though he has been a bit more expressive about it since he left. I guess Blizzard or something there just didn't let him be a bit more open about WoW or MMOs in general.

He left cause didnt like they way the game was going.

I opened this cause i was wondering what the argument for this could be, it's a jaylock thread, probably should have been able to pick that beforehand

Wasn't Ghostcrawler blamed for all the bad in WoW? I remember him getting the blame for Cataclysm. Like.... all the blame. Everything bad was his fault, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Considering Ghostcrawler left on his own accord, I don't think rehiring him works that way.
    GC has also talked about Riot being a better fit as a company for him compared to Blizzard. I dont see GC wanting to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Wasn't Ghostcrawler blamed for all the bad in WoW? I remember him getting the blame for Cataclysm. Like.... all the blame. Everything bad was his fault, right?
    Largely because he was vocal and willing to be the face of the team both pros and cons. The design and tuning of dungeons and raids fell on Watcher's team. GC on the other hand was responsible for class tuning and systems. Got a complaint about healers then go ahead and point fingers at GC. Got a complaint about dungeon design then go talk to Watcher.

I find it funny the ones who befitted the most from features like LFG and LFR hate GC who leaded the project and was its most vocal defender. GC also pushed for a viable endgame for non-raiders. Watcher on the other hand was against that. In the end GC still got all the hate.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-06-02 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that option is even on the table.
    Ghostcrawler is working and has moved on and has new responsibilities. I'm sure he's putting down new roots and investing himself in what he's doing.

Blizzard has moved forward as well.

Deleted
    Yeah, when I want the game to be homogenized so that every class does exactly the same thing I'll give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He was blamed by the ever present vocal minority. Others actually really liked him.
    I've yet to meet anyone, who really liked that pompous asshole. Me, as a priest, have his face on darts since cata prepatch. And it would stay there for Legion, that's for sure.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I've yet to meet anyone, who really liked that pompous asshole. Me, as a priest, have his face on darts since cata prepatch. And it would stay there for Legion, that's for sure.
    He wasn't as you so eloquently put it a "pompous asshole." A little sarcastic at times? Yes. But much of his dialogue with idiot players warranted his sarcasm. He was a gleaming beacon of light to the game, and I supported MOST of his decisions regarding the direction of WoW.

Keep in mind, he didn't dictate and demand everything to be exactly the way HE wanted, he had to collaborate as a team, and he often was just the one who communicated with players the thoughts of the TEAM.

He seems kinda happy where he is now to be honest.