Deleted

Playing on Australian servers from Europe

Hi
    Is Playing on Australian servers from Europe possible (I mean is ping bearable for riding)?
    Thx for help

For me at worst it was around 270. Best it was low 100s. If that is bearable for you then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    For me at worst it was around 270. Best it was low 100s. If that is bearable for you then go for it.
    Was bearable for Aussies playing on US servers for years....
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    you're gunna have a bad time. 400-800 ping.

if you're used to 10-50ping it will feel very chuggy and slow. unplayable? maybe.
    Hi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's horrible. I got a US acc i play on from time to time, usually leveling chars, and the way the blizzard has setup their system up goes like this: Your instance will be played on the datacenter of the party's leader. That meant even if i was playing on a chicago based server, i'd get routed to oceanic instance server. For americans, this doesnt mean much but for anyone east of the atlantic this is huge. It's literally halfway across the globe.

Playstyle wise, more often than not, tanks would end up dead due to the time between my frames updating with his hp, me start casting a heal and the heal successfully landing would be very long. Generally, it felt very unresponsive and clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Was bearable for Aussies playing on US servers for years....
    US <> AU is about half of AU<>EU ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    you're gunna have a bad time. 400-800 ping.

if you're used to 10-50ping it will feel very chuggy and slow. unplayable? maybe.
    I somehow doubt it's going to be that high. I've been in raids and leveled on Aus servers while living in the UK and never gone above 300. 270 is the average high for me though most of the time it's mid 100s - 200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I somehow doubt it's going to be that high. I've been in raids and leveled on Aus servers while living in the UK and never gone above 300. 270 is the average high for me though most of the time it's mid 100s - 200.
    no way, back in the day it was average to get 200-220 for AUS>US, Europe is going to be even further
    Hi

It's not just the distance, it's also the number of switches, repeaters and routers along the way. Aus>US west coast servers is your location ->Sydney->(maybe Fiji or Samoa)->Hawaii->L.A.
    Aus>EU is Sydney->Perth->Diego Garcia->Middle East->Europe or Syd->Perth->S.E. Asia->MiddleEast etc or Sydney->Guam->China->etc. Lot's more junctions, each adding a few milliseconds through multiple countries.

Edit: Just for fun, tracert Sydney to the euro server farm, 335ms 13 hops, to west us 206ms 9 hops. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by swaggers; 2016-06-03 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    So I intalled wow trial and gor 330ms. Is there a difference beetween WOW australian-servers for me (I live in Poland) or ping will be same at each of them?

7+ Year Old Account
    I play on Oceanic from France. It's honestly not much of a difference before AU got its own servers; it feels exactly the same as when AU was based in the US. My ping ranges from 290-320 most of the time. It never goes higher than 350. I do fine raiding and never have any issues in comparison to my other guildmates in terms of performance.

The people who say you'll have up to an 800 ping are bullshitting.

Deleted
    And will there be any ping difference between Australian servers?
    Last edited by mmoc7deef8c4a9; 2016-06-08 at 01:48 PM.