10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft 2 Resolution

Hi!

So I have recently go back into Warcraft 2 but the resolution is so small that it cuts off my resources etc so I can't see how much stuff I have, was wondering if anyone knew of a fix?

Are you running it using a DOS emulator or just trying to run it straight from the current OS(with or without compatibility mode)?
    "But seriously was it really necessary to nuke the library? Especially since they were setting up the castle of the two sisters as very important throughout the whole season and showed the mane 6 actively trying to fix the place up.
    Of course I'm probably just trying to bring logic into a show about candy colored horses which just recently showed a super saiyan alicorn princess fighting centaur Satan with giant lasers." -BCDsentai

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HLKazzak View Post
    Are you running it using a DOS emulator or just trying to run it straight from the current OS(with or without compatibility mode)?
    I've tried DOSBOX but can't get it too work (all of the tutorials I've read say you need the actual disc) and yes but I have tried compatibility mode and it doesn't work.

Make sure you start the application in administrative mode as well - that fixes tons of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Make sure you start the application in administrative mode as well - that fixes tons of problems.
    Did not work. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    I've tried DOSBOX but can't get it too work (all of the tutorials I've read say you need the actual disc) and yes but I have tried compatibility mode and it doesn't work.
    So use the actual disc and mount it to d inside of dosbox. I know this game is old but that don't really justify using a bootleg.

If you have the newer battle.net edition of wc2 and purchased it directly from blizzards online shop ignore my above comment.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2014-07-12 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    So use the actual disc and mount it to d inside of dosbox. I know this game is old but that don't really justify using a bootleg.

If you have the newer battle.net edition of wc2 and purchased it directly from blizzards online shop ignore my above comment.

I have "acquired" the battle.net version and it still cuts it off lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    I have "acquired" the battle.net version and it still cuts it off lol.
    Translation: there's still something underhanded about this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Translation: there's still something underhanded about this.
    I'm not sure I understand?

On topic: Can anyone help?

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, there haven't been any mods so far allowing to change in-game resolution. Just play it for a bit, you will get used to it. I still replay WC2 campaigns from time to time and always quickly become comfortable with the resolution.

As for your problem about running the game in DosBox - I've never had any problems. If it doesn't work for you at all for some reason, you might want to try Battle.net edition which runs normally from Windows and has scroll speed problem fixed as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fixed it

You can go into your graphics control panel, for me it was my Nvidia Control Panel, and you change the display to like Aspect Ratio and it should work :"D

Deleted
    I know this thread is old and I'm not sure about possible forum policies on old-thread-resurrection but I still feel like asking, anyone with recent update regarding this? I have a really old version of Warcraft II, i.e. not the new Battle.NET version. It runs fine through DOSBox except for lower screen being cut off on my 1440x900 monitor. It runs fine on another computer with (more common, yeah) 1080p resolution. Going for an update is not an option, so, any other ideas?