10+ Year Old Account

Florida woman plays mermaid, arrested for “swimming and entering” beachfront homes

http://crimefeed.com/2016/06/florida...erfront-homes/

She may not have broken through the front door but wannabe mermaid, Tonya Gerlach, 33, is still in hot water after St. Augustine police arrested her for burglary. According to the Palm Beach Post, Gerlach is accused of swimming up to numerous Vilano Beach waterfront homes and entering them without permission. But despite the burglary charge, she didn’t seem particularly interested in stealing valuables; playing house in other people’s homes was this mermaid’s prerogative.

Multiple homeowners reported seeing a female intruder over the last few weeks, with one resident actually running into Gerlach while she was making herself at home. When she was confronted, Gerlach explained that she “worked” there — and in a way she did, as she was busted while watering plants and arranging furniture. Another neighbor provided police with surveillance footage of a woman matching Gerlach’s description making herself comfy in her house, and on May 26, police paid a visit to Gerlach’s residence — which, just to be clear, isn’t a conch shell condo under the sea.

Gerlach allegedly complained to police about her own living arrangements, while Gerlach’s roommate ratted her out, telling cops that she had bragged about breaking into people’s homes. When she was arrested, Gerlach allegedly explained to police that she “just wanted to know how it felt to live in a house like that.” Even mermaids get real estate envy, y’all.

Police also found gabapentin and Xanax in Gerlach’s purse, earning her an additional charge for possession of controlled substances without a prescription. She remains in St. John’s County Jail on an $8,000 bond. Maybe Disney would pay for her release in exchange for the rights to use her story as the plot for The Little Mermaid 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the phrase, "There is something in the water in Florida", has gained a new meaning!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Sounds like she may be mentally unstable.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gabapentin is terrible, why would anyone want to take it unless they had to? Also, obligatory Florida (wo)man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Sounds like she may be mentally unstable.
    That's racist against mermaidkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look out Florida man, duck and cover Georgia man, and hide while you can Michigan man because he comes....Florida woman!

She remains in St. John’s County Jail on an $8,000 bond.

Hey! We could crowd fund her bond and bail her out!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She remains in St. John’s County Jail on an $8,000 bond.

Hey! We could crowd fund her bond and bail her out!
    Florida Man will rescue her. We just have to wait and see how it goes hilariously wrong.

Something fishy going on in Florida I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Sadly they made a little mermaids two... this would of been a better plot for it.

Did they decide on this story purely for the puns? It just leaves me salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's a requirement for residence in Florida.
    It's not for "ponyville"?

She's not even a pretty mermaid. :-( Disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    When she was arrested, Gerlach allegedly explained to police that she “just wanted to know how it felt to live in a house like that.”
    I actually kinda feel for her here. Since she didn't actually steal anything, I think she should get a slap on the wrist and maybe some therapy/counseling.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

This sounds like something you'd read on 4chan.

"You find this woman in a mermaid outfit in your pool. What do?"

Well, maybe not this woman. A more attractive woman.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    It's not for "ponyville"?
    I'm pretty sure it as, as well as having pictures on your comp that can get you charged with a felony.

OT i figured she was actually in a mermaid outfit for a bit

It wasn't me, I swear

Deleted
    Florida. What else?