Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Anyone else think he would live on forever? Cos he's fucking Ali? Guess he was human after all. But the Greatest nonetheless.
    Have you seen him after his career? I'm surprised he lived this 'long'.

10+ Year Old Account
    2016 is turning into a sucky year for famous deaths. We're having 1-2 a month

RIP Ali, Fly like a butterfly sting like a bee
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    "Last week I murdered a rock, I injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick"

That man was better at shit talk phrases long before an army of basement dwellers were born and "invented" Chuck Norris internet memes.

And he was truly the greatest boxer of all times.
    Anyone not old enough to have experienced his title wins cannot possibly imagine what impact he had globally.
    He captivated the planet in times where there was no internet, no social media, what have you.
    It happened very different, and a lot more honest and genuine.
    Whereas boxing was already popular at the time when Cassius Clay entered the scene.
    He definitely catapulted it to new heights.
    Boxing, especially heavy weight boxing, became a social event. It drawn the whole family in, from 8 - 80, everyone was infected by that virus.
    Speaks books how the sport sort of fell of the popularity pedestal again.
    It's only evidence how no one ever since was able to fill the void.

RIP
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-04 at 02:17 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just yesterday I heard he went into the hospital because of some respiratory infection. Didn't think it going to end up like this. It's also kind of weird too because about a week ago I was watching the movie Ali with Will Smith in it and didn't get to finish it so just recently I rented it out and then this happens.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    May he float like a butterfly and sting like a bee in the afterlife. RIP Champ!
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It's only evidence how no one ever since was able to fill the void.
    Tyson up until losing to Buster Douglas was massively popular, a household name globally. Once he lost that aura of invincibility boxing fell back again into the "just another sport" category.

I admired him for his social stands, even though I didn't agree with him on a lot of them , I admired him for taking them then sticking with them then being a "good person" through his life.

Rest in Peace Champ.

Like half of you even watched hes matches.

Please stop talking like you even knew what he was standing for.
    So he died okay question is when your next door neighboor dies will you make a topic about him as well? I mean he has contributed to the world just as much as Cassius Clay has just because he was a sportsman doesn't mean he should be plastered all over the news.

The fascination of people about other people doing random things, just lol.

R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I admired him for his social stands, even though I didn't agree with him on a lot of them , I admired him for taking them then sticking with them then being a "good person" through his life.
    He was a racist though, he advocated the same things he argued against.

He did a famous interview in Britain, where he complained about his treatment as a black person in America, which was disgusting, then in the same show said that people should only mix with those of their own race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping he'd live to see Don King rot in his grave first. RIP Cassius Clay...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I usually don't pay much attention to the Olympics. The Atlanta Olympic opening ceremonies featured John Williams composing the music. John Williams composed the music for the star wars, raiders of the lost ark, and Jurassic park movies. I love his music so I watched the opening ceremonies. When it came time to light the torch, it was a big shock to see Muhammad Ali lighting the torch. It was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. It makes me cry just thinking about it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post

So he died okay question is when your next door neighboor dies will you make a topic about him as well? I mean he has contributed to the world just as much as Cassius Clay has just because he was a sportsman doesn't mean he should be plastered all over the news.

R.I.P.
    Ernie Terrell fan?

@OP

Great fighter
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Tyson up until losing to Buster Douglas was massively popular, a household name globally. Once he lost that aura of invincibility boxing fell back again into the "just another sport" category.
    I thought he was only popular to see how quickly he would floor his opponent. I know I only watched his bouts because I knew they were gonna be a 2 minute affair tops.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Ernie Terrell fan?

@OP

Great fighter
    Don't even know the name.
    Not even gonna google it.

Point was people die every day why this should deserve a news because he was a good/great boxer?

R.I.P.
    He was seriously more than just a showman/boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    He was seriously more than just a showman/boxer.
    No he wasn't and that is the sad part.

Glory to the idols of previous and upcoming generations am i right?
    Idolize people that are the same as you and me.

I ask you for what?
    Vanity is all there is vanity is a piece of the upcoming dark world that we build around us.

He is worth as much as the grandmother next door for caring about her grand children, no more nor less.

R.I.P.
    Don't cut yourself on that edge mate. Also sad day was a great boxer and person in general. Also if I enjoy watching someone greatly then I will idolize them such as Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel in F1 and it will be a sad day for me when either of them pass away.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-04 at 08:26 PM.

Let's not derail the thread into smack talking Ali please, it never goes well in threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to know he's at rest finally. Its tough seeing someone you admire struggle with Parkinsons or dementia.

Especially admired his stance on the Vietnam war and the farce of draft boards. He was brave enough to risk imprisonment and losing his livelihood. Whereas a Donald Trump hid behind some fake doctor's note.

No he wasn't and that is the sad part.

Glory to the idols of previous and upcoming generations am i right?
    Idolize people that are the same as you and me.

I ask you for what?
    Vanity is all there is vanity is a piece of the upcoming dark world that we build around us.

He is worth as much as the grandmother next door for caring about her grand children, no more nor less.
    You really don't know what you're talking about.