Civilization VI [October 2016]

I'm not too sure how many Civilization fans there are in these forums, but I thought it still warrants making a thread in here since it is afterall, "Video Game Discussion"

love to hear thoughts from other players about what they'd love to see in Civilization VI, and from what the developers have already revealed, what are your opinions on the feature changes?

Here are some early screenshots so far, I'll also find the link to a streamer who was given a 60 turn gameplay video direct from Firaxis & 2k. It shows the new UI and also how you'll now interact with other world leaders, along with how the environment will now be even more of a crucial part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Key Features

• For the first time, cities will span multiple tiles on the game map. Cities will still have the same “big fat cross” workable area, but instead of surrounding a central city with improvements like mines and farms, players can also build over a dozen different “districts” in those spaces that will provide bonuses to the city –a science district, for instance, that contributes to research. Some districts will also require adjacency to certain resources, like a mountain or open water.

• World Wonders will take up their own tile in the city layout, and will be visible as they’re being constructed. Imagine the wonder videos from Civ IV, but playing out in the game engine in real time; if you’re building the Pyramids, each turn you’ll see them getting bigger and bigger on the map. Some wonders will also have new building requirements: The Great Library, for instance, must be constructed next to a campus district, and the Pyramids can only be constructed in a desert tile.

• A new “active research” science system will unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress. If you build a city next to a coast, you’ll instantly get a research boost for a naval technology like sailing; masonry will get a boost if you build a quarry improvement. Research can also be affected by other aspects of game play –for instance, if you beat a barbarian with the Slinger, a new first ranged unit, you’ll get a bonus to ranged weapon research.

• The controversial one unit per tile rule introduced in Civ V will be amended with a new “combined arms” system that allows support units to be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

• A new “dynamic diplomacy” system where interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive at first to late game alliances and negotiations.

• New co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, some designed to be easily completed in a single session.

I like to see that I am not the only Civ fan over here xD.

There are already some gameplays on youtube, maybe you could add one of them to the post.

Edit: I really like that some buildings and wonders are placed in tiles so you can destroy them.
    Last edited by draigo; 2016-06-04 at 03:45 PM.

I like what I've seen so far. I will admit that I haven't really been keeping up with Civilization since Civ3 (loved Civ3 but couldn't really get into 4 or 5 for some reason), but I'll be keeping an eye on this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pretty much my favorite game series of all time. Put thousands of hours in both IV and V.

But after the launch of V being complete garbage and Beyond Earth being a terrible Civ game, I'm extremely skeptical of VI. I'll be monitoring it very closely.

I won't be buying the vanilla game again if it doesn't have serious improvements or if it has clearly cut off features from the previous iteration, like religion was cut out of base V and corporations were never in the game.

I don't want this game to become like the Sims where they try to get me to buy the same features every iteration. I want actual improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    oh yea, I actually commented in that thread. ha ha -- woops!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a great video, he also has part 2 in the description

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Pretty much my favorite game series of all time. Put thousands of hours in both IV and V.

But after the launch of V being complete garbage and Beyond Earth being a terrible Civ game, I'm extremely skeptical of VI. I'll be monitoring it very closely.

I won't be buying the vanilla game again if it doesn't have serious improvements or if it has clearly cut off features from the previous iteration, like religion was cut out of base V and corporations were never in the game.

I don't want this game to become like the Sims where they try to get me to buy the same features every iteration. I want actual improvements.
    I agree Civ V was not great at the start, but after the 2 expansions, especially Brave New World. The game got A LOT better and I still put in several hours when I want to play a more relaxed game that I don't have to stare at the screen the entire time lol. I tend to watch tv, and/or snack while I play Civ, so some turns take much longer than others :P

Don't even get me started with Beyond Earth though, not only was I dumb enough to buy BE on day 1, but I even bought the expansion on sale because I thought it'd improve the game........NOPE!!!!! Tried so hard with so many different maps and civilizations to enjoy the game, but I just couldn't do it. It felt more repetitive than other Civilizations, but at least with the others, you chose a different Civ and you got unique units and buildings.......not just different civ, same units, and even same units regardless of what few combos you did with your Affinities.

I have high hopes and high expectations for Civ VI, I think they realize their F up with Beyond Earth and are dedicated to stick with what they've been great at; and this is it!

I'll be getting it Day 1 because it's a day before my birthday, so why not?? You can add me on steam and I'll broadcast my gameplay for you, even do a quick speed for you so we can both experience everything the game offers first hand