Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As expected: After people have proven to be game designers, pointing out all the mistakes with WoW and coming to the conclusion, that every feature in WoW is a mistake....well, I am not surprised that now we are all directors and producers

I love this arguement, "HAVE YOU EVER MADE A GAME?!? WELL THEN YOU CAN'T JUDGE IT"

Just stop. Maybe the movie and the story is just bad?
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-06-07 at 10:20 PM.

Just got back from the movie.

I really enjoyed it, but I have to look at it from the movie audience and not as a fan of the Warcraft story.

Thought it was dumb that Gul'dan has a brawl, it got Yoda level laughter out of me.

The Orcs get infused with fel magic instead of drinking demon blood, thought that was a dumb change.

Stupid that Khadgar didn't get cursed and was a bumbling idiot the entire time, comic relief. Lothars son dying scene was terrible and didnt seem like he cared at all. Kid dies, and he has this weird face for far to long, then next scene he's screwing Garrona acting like shes some long time lover. That entire love subplot was also really bad and forced.

Everything with Garrona was just awful, I don't understand why they stopped fighting just because she was forced to kill the King.

Lots of story changes to stream line it for a movie, the first war is pretty much non-existent in this movie universe. Cliff hanger ending, they are very confident that another is happening.

Loved all the WoW easter eggs, like the Stormwind flight path entrance.

Awesome fight scenes, CGI, felt very Warcraft'ish.

Overall happy with the movie as a movie, but the fan inside me is dying to pick it apart for all the changes. Original game plot is leagues better.
    Last edited by forster38; 2016-06-08 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    See, People keep saying that but no movie ever attempts a direct adaptation of a game that has a good story. You don't know if it wouldn't work if no one has tried.
    It seems to me that some studios (like Legendary) just won't let it happen. Even with a good story in hands, they butcher it to make a movie more easily accepted by Transformers-viewers.

How can you expect a good video game movie if even juggernaut Warcraft can't put enough pressure to guarantee a legit movie?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As expected: After people have proven to be game designers, pointing out all the mistakes with WoW and coming to the conclusion, that every feature in WoW is a mistake....well, I am not surprised that now we are all directors and producers
    Good to know the usual people can still stink up threads because they hate anyone criticizing their favorite franchise in any way.

Saw the movie. As a Warcraft fan-service feature film, it was a strong 7/10. But when it came to looking at the screenplay objectively, fuck its bad. I would rate the Warcraft screenplay a 4/10 at best. It was fun but it wasn't a great movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the movie they did good job they timelined it all properly too thrall a baby in movie definitely signifies a few more movies will most likely be in works cause we are only in week 1 and they are nearly at the 500 mil mark and will most likely be to the good in profits not just over the movie but in movie merchandise also.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    the only bad thing about warcraft is the cut and that's it. if the movie was released in its original form it would have received better reviews.

i wait for the director's cut for my final judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    medivh is not dead in wow he is just adventuring somewhere so they fucked the lore by killing him in the movie
    they did not mention lordaeron at all in the movie
    there was 2 fucking churches there is only suppose to be 1 and there was no priests or paladins fighting despite the 2 churches

they added the warlords of draenor guldan dueling durotan fight......

they had the dark portal coming out of the fucking ground

they did not have medivh summoning all the horde

they had hero call boards and a stormwind harbour both of which shouldn't exist

they broke the lore even more by giving the mages a blue immunity spell

and yet i still liked the movie :/
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Couldn't care less what the lore nerds have to nag and bitch about. Worst people ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the movie i hope there is a extended version on blue ray come xmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Couldn't care less what the lore nerds have to nag and bitch about. Worst people ever.
    Us "lore nerds" simply care about the lore that we're used to being changed for no good reason. But alrite, we're the worst people ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    medivh is not dead in wow he is just adventuring somewhere so they fucked the lore by killing him in the movie

they did not mention lordaeron at all in the movie
    Guess who the human ambassador that got mad was? With the amount of name drops in the movie it isn't weird that they decided to not mention Lordaeron explicitly (Because then they'd have to name EVERY human kingdom, which is what the map did)

there was 2 fucking churches there is only suppose to be 1 and there was no priests or paladins fighting despite the 2 churches
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Paladin#Background
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-06-12 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're trying to keep things consolidated so there isn't 20 threads floating around for no reason. Please use the mega thread.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)