Poll: And you press the?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa whoa wait a second what if my SO isnt attrtactive or lovable? Was she replaced? Or enhanced through plastic surgery? and personality brainwashing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    A person has captured both of your parents and your very attractive lovable significant other. They have taken them to an abandoned factory and has tied them up upside down, hovering over a pot of boiling hot oil. The factory has zero windows and all entrances have collasped debris in front of them and the doors sealed shut with the weight of fifty tanks. Outside there is a computer screen and a keyboard with three buttons, a red one, yellow, and a green one. The yellow one will release your significant other but drop your parents to their deaths. The green button will release your parents but drop your significant other to their death. OR will you press the red button? Who knows what'll happen!
    Red or yellow. If red releases all, I'll pretend I knew it all along. If they die at least I tried.

Depends also how significant other we are talking about here - like, a girlfriend for two weeks, I don't care how lovely, might as well die - but like, if after a decade or so, I still love this person and I see that there is a long future ahead, yeah, yellow might be the way to go.

My Parents are touching 70, they've had a good run, now it's our turn to grow old and fall apart.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This one is easy, I'd save my beloved, of course.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    This one is easy, I'd save my beloved, of course.
    But the Mysterious Red Button....!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd save my parents. They have another 30 years in them, and SOs can be replaceable (although difficult and emotionally devastating )

10+ Year Old Account
    I would press all the buttons

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    But the Mysterious Red Button....!
    I know... I know. It's tempting, for sure.

I'd still press the yellow button, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    since i dont have a significant other and probably never will. (don't have any money to speak of.) there is only one choice.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    since i dont have a significant other and probably never will. (don't have any money to speak of.) there is only one choice.
    With this kind of attitude...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

What if I don't push a button at all?

What if I'm my own parents and significant other?

Why would someone want to boils my parents corpses if they are already dead.. Guess that's make it easy to pick which button.

Damn unicorns should have gotten on the Ark.

I would save my mom. I can always find a new GF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    With this kind of attitude...
    i am a pessimist deal with it. optimism is for the naive and foolish. i am under no delusions as to what the rest of my life will be. miserable and lonely.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-06-06 at 03:39 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I like that OP stipulates that one's significant other is 'very attractive' as part of the scenario. Interesting.

OT: I would save my husband. My parents would likely agree it is the correct choice too.

Indeed it is the most rational choice- my husband is whom I have built my life with, his death would effect me and our son and daughter (their grandchildren) significantly- whereas my mom (my dad already passed away) has lived her life fully and raised her kids already.

The potential of my husbands life is a a higher value than mom's under this scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Even if it wasn't a big serious relationship I'd choose her.

Why? Because my parents would want me to do it.

If there was no other way ofc.
    Have you told them about this scenario and actually asked them yourself? I mean hell in the spur of the moment you never know they might just change their mind if they saw a pot of boiling oil under them, most people would it would be an excruciating death.

Also how big is this pot of oil? I mean most pots you can really only fit your foot in there so I mean really is someone just going to lose a foot here? or are they being dunked in head first? do you mean a silo or massive cauldron of burning oil? Is the death instananeous or are they slowly being lowered in? these are some things I think OP needs to take into account too.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I like that OP stipulates that one's significant other is 'very attractive' as part of the scenario. Interesting.

OT: I would save my husband. My parents would likely agree it is the correct choice too.

Indeed it is the most rational choice- my husband is whom I have built my life with, his death would effect me and our son and daughter (their grandchildren) significantly- whereas my mom (my dad already passed away) has lived her life fully and raised her kids already.

The potential of my husbands life is a a higher value than mom's under this scenario.
    there are different types of attraction. it doesn't have to be beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pull the concealed lever that drops the people who keep making this kind of thread into a pool of boiling corn syrup.

Tomorrow they will be back with rez sickness and will post a poll asking what we would choose if a random sadist holds us captive and demands that we push one of two buttons -- one to give a million dollars to a random stranger while administering an electric shock to our genitals, or another that will drop them into a vat of freezing pickle juice with lead weights chained to their ankles and summon the respondent's celebrity sex fetish for a weekend of unbridled whoopie (unless of course their fantasy involves bridles).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Would you save OP from a ban or a significant other?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post

Let me give you a hint about women and money

1. From 18-21, women really dont care as much about money at this stage
    2. From 21 -25 women start to care more the older they get
    3. From 25-30 women care the most about money
    4. From 30-35 women start caring less. But some are still in denial and holding out
    5. From 35-40 women typically do not care that much
    6. From 40-45 As long as you have a job, thatll work
    7. From 45-50 you can be a bum on the street and still have a chance