PTR during Pre-Patch?

I'm curious if the PTR will be available for testing when the pre-patch hits? I would love to be able to try all the specs out before 100% deciding on a main after all the changes go live. I don't have a 100 of every class so...

The prepatch will include that new "try out" feature with 100 boosts. Although yeah you'd have to buy a boost to use that. It's looking like they might skip prepatch this time though, otherwise It'd have to be out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    The prepatch will include that new "try out" feature with 100 boosts. Although yeah you'd have to buy a boost to use that. It's looking like they might skip prepatch this time though, otherwise It'd have to be out by now.
    not an informed answer.../bump

There is never a PTR for a new expansion, that is what Alpha and Beta are for.

The class changes coming with Legion will take effect when the pre-patch goes live, and I believe there will be the level 100 try feature added at the same time to test each of the classes and specializations. If not then I would suggest watching videos about the class changes from Preach (Preach Gaming on YouTube) or Bay (FinalBoss.tv on YouTube). I know it is not the same as trying it out for yourself, but it is the closest you will get to it (without leveling up one character of each class or buying level 100 boosts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post

The class changes coming with Legion will take effect when the pre-patch goes live, and I believe there will be the level 100 try feature added at the same time to test each of the classes and specializations. If not then I would suggest watching videos about the class changes from Preach (Preach Gaming on YouTube) or Bay (FinalBoss.tv on YouTube). I know it is not the same as trying it out for yourself, but it is the closest you will get to it (without leveling up one character of each class or buying level 100 boosts).
    that's... not true at all. There's been a PTR patch for every expansion's prepatch since... always. I mean I don't know if BC had one but everything since then has.

Complete with full access to class and system changes, but none of the new content (regions, dungeons, raids, etc).
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2016-06-07 at 04:35 AM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 7.0.1 patch will be going up on PTR in about 2 weeks. It will include all new systems/skills/talents. Most of the time you have the option to create a max level premade character, aside from copying your own characters, which is more or less what you want. So keep an eye out for the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The OP asked if there will be a PTR up after the pre-expansion patch hits. You are referring to the PTR for that pre-expansion patch which goes down when the patch goes up. Reading comprehension fail

I think the fail goes to those who didn't understand the OP's obvious intent -- which was when will the 7.0 PTR be available?

Way to go failing at attempting to sound witty on the internet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post

So much clueless-ness in one post.

Guys.. What he's asking is if the PTR will be up (Pre-patch or 7.0.x) so he can test all the classes, even the ones he doesn't have at 100.
    OT: yes, most likely the pre-patch will had been up on PTR for quite some time at that point.

To give a rough idea:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/156...notes-9-9-2014

The prepatch for Warlords of Draenor hit PTR on September 9th

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/156...tes-10-13-2014
    The prepatch for Warlords of Draenor hit LIVE on October 13th.
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2016-06-07 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Complete with full access to class and system changes, but none of the new content (regions, dungeons, raids, etc).
    AKA Open Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So much clueless-ness in one post.
    So much derp in one post.