Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is the barn worth it now?

Is it worth it trapping elites for savage blood/fur now? Especially since groups are alot fewer now?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Is it worth it trapping elites for savage blood/fur now? Especially since groups are alot fewer now?
    I still maintain 4 of them just because but the gold isn't that much

Deleted
    Depends entirely on your realm. I know on my realm the price is fairly stable at around 50g per blood. So let's say you get 2-3 per day on average. (This is assuming you just do the work orders and not burning all your GR on rush orders.) You would make 700-1050g per week in addition to several hundred Furs. If those sell well you or plan to use them elsewhere. You need to figure out if the time invested is worth the return. For me it is not worth it at all, because it is more effort than the JC daily for example and yet yields less gold.

Pre patch blood will sky rocket for a little bit as old raids are adding a new enchanting tome to unlock enchant effects for your wardrobe. Blood is needed for this so even after legion the mat will retain some value.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    Depends entirely on your realm. I know on my realm the price is fairly stable at around 50g per blood. So let's say you get 2-3 per day on average. (This is assuming you just do the work orders and not burning all your GR on rush orders.) You would make 700-1050g per week in addition to several hundred Furs. If those sell well you or plan to use them elsewhere. You need to figure out if the time invested is worth the return. For me it is not worth it at all, because it is more effort than the JC daily for example and yet yields less gold.
    You get 6 bloods per day if you have a follower assigned at the barn.
    Personally, i cannot find the time to trap mobs on my 4 barns. I have ended up buying the leather/fur and bloods i need with resources and gold.

You're also looking at the various crafted item appearances that people will want to unlock for the wardrobe. Different stages of an item can have different looks, creating a lot of demand for the upgrade items. That's assuming every stage needs to be unlocked separately, but even if it doesn't, you're still looking at some people wanting to obtain full crafted sets for the wardrobe.

Depends entirely on your realm. I know on my realm the price is fairly stable at around 50g per blood.
    I hope you're not listing them on the AH for 50 gold buyout. You can buy a bag at the trading post with savage blood for 50 gold as well. That means no AH cut, no listing fees and no relisting if it doesn't sell. I'm currently not selling mine to stock up for the pre-patch, but when I was still selling bloods, I just traded them at the trading post if they went below 60 gold on the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You're also looking at the various crafted item appearances that people will want to unlock for the wardrobe. Different stages of an item can have different looks, creating a lot of demand for the upgrade items. That's assuming every stage needs to be unlocked separately, but even if it doesn't, you're still looking at some people wanting to obtain full crafted sets for the wardrobe.

I hope you're not listing them on the AH for 50 gold buyout. You can buy a bag at the trading post with savage blood for 50 gold as well. That means no AH cut, no listing fees and no relisting if it doesn't sell. I'm currently not selling mine to stock up for the pre-patch, but when I was still selling bloods, I just traded them at the trading post if they went below 60 gold on the AH.
    I am not listing them at all. I have given up on the Barn it just is not worth it to me anymore. I'd rather solo old raids. I used to do it on 10 characters though Back when it was 350g per Blood. Good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You get 6 bloods per day if you have a follower assigned at the barn.
    Personally, i cannot find the time to trap mobs on my 4 barns. I have ended up buying the leather/fur and bloods i need with resources and gold.
    Do you get that many? I did not know that. I thought it was bound to rng. But even then it's too much effort imo.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am not listing them at all. I have given up on the Barn it just is not worth it to me anymore. I'd rather solo old raids. I used to do it on 10 characters though Back when it was 350g per Blood. Good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you get that many? I did not know that. I thought it was bound to rng. But even then it's too much effort imo.
    Yes, with a follower assigned @Barn you get a guaranteed savage blood plus 50% more fur/leather/feasts. This works since.... i can't really remember, too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its worth it since the cloth sells like candy at a price of 400+ gold per stack so the more barns you have the healthier the profit. Bloods also have a steady flow of selling at 50-55g so I can't say its bad esp if you have 2+ barns. The amount of effort required is very tiny for 1 week's worth of work orders.
    My server the fur is currently at 44s a piece...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its worth it since the cloth sells like candy at a price of 400+ gold per stack so the more barns you have the healthier the profit. Bloods also have a steady flow of selling at 50-55g so I can't say its bad esp if you have 2+ barns. The amount of effort required is very tiny for 1 week's worth of work orders.
    Server depended....

- - - Updated - - -

My server the fur is currently at 44s a piece...
    Ditto /10char.

I always gained the most out of feasts and savage blood as you can get everything else through resources.

It is worthwhile if you have a tailor for making hexweave bags out of the fur, which still sell quite well.

Blood isn't a fantastic source of gold anymore, but every bit helps.

Deleted
    I used to run 10 barns but ditched them few months ago. Groups farming the cages were getting difficult to find (it's way faster in 5-man group than solo, esp on crappy geared alts) and the prices were dwindling down. I'm now running 11x trading post, spening excessive GR on mats when they're 4 GR each. 1000 GR yields me about 500 gold (250 mats x 2g a piece), which isn't bad for something so passive (GR are gained in mission system)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    Pre patch blood will sky rocket for a little bit as old raids are adding a new enchanting tome to unlock enchant effects for your wardrobe. Blood is needed for this so even after legion the mat will retain some value.
    Skyrocket is an overstatement, it will probably stay where it is now.

Deleted
    It depends on how many Garrisons you are running. The more you have the less value there is in barn. If you only have 1-2 characters though then barn is still a very solid option for both now and in Legion as well if you can handle farming up like 500 cages and then just forget about wolves for half a year.

It's server dependent imo. Fur is still selling decently on my server ( 1g 40s+ each) as well as blood (usually 55g each), plus I have two tailors, so running a few barns has been netting me a decent amount of gold. I'll probably keep two or three going in Legion to keep making bags.

It is one of the worst buildings you can get on my server. Not only does it require more work then other builds fur and leather are worth slighty more then they vendor for now. Blood goes for less in the ah then it does in your garrison
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At one point I was running four barns, 3 on fur, 1 on leather. I made a lot of gold in the early days when bloods were going for 800g each but now they are at 60g a piece.

I can't be bothered to farm wolves anymore. I have roughly 6K fur and 600 bloods in the bank which will easily see me through until Legion. My tailors are also well stocked to keep churning out bags for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomepeke View Post
    It's not worth it on big servers, on small servers it is okey. Check prices from your local AH.
    Could also be eu / us difference. I used to sell fur and leather on argent dawn eu (dumping garrison resources into trading post on alt that has no profs) and as far as I remember was always getting at least 150g per stack often in ranges of 200-300g per stack. It's high pop. It's rp pve though.

But about barn itself not sure if it's outweighs the benefits of inn + trading post combo especially when you have a few scavenger followers to keep those garrison resources piling for no effort. For barn you actually have to go to nagrand and trap stuff...

Still worthwhile because of the 50g floor on Savage Bloods