Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Considering the incoming prune, is it worth buying an MMO gaming mouse ?

I.E Roccat Nyth/Razer Naga/G600

I had planned to buy a Roccat Nyth so I could bind some macros to its side pad, but considering the incoming prune, that might turn out to be useless.
    In the meantime, I don't have access to the Legion beta, so I can't know for now, I could just wait for it and make up my mind once the expansion is out but i'm too curious.

Deleted
    Well you can use your other hand for different stuff... eating, drinking, masturbation or whatever else you desire ^^

The thing about the "prune" is that all they are doing is having a lower base number of abilities and an option to keep it that way with a passive talent in each tier. But there are also plenty of active abilities... in some cases I had more hotkeys than on live.

Deleted
    Not really. But it does help with extra macros and so on.

Deleted
    Even without pruneing I would never buy those. You have to use your other hand on the keyboard. Using a mouse for some spells is ok, but using it for too much will reduce your ability to use the mouse for its main task, camera and targeting.

And what you need to know about pruning: while you loose spells, you also get some new ones. The end result won't be that much different.

I suggest you to buy a mouse with extra buttons, but not an mmo muse.

I use a Naga Hex for my mouse. It is quite amazing as I bind my defensives/cooldowns to it, with some additional modding.

Honestly, the 'pruning' isn't as significant as people think. Many classes remained unchanged, some actually increased, and yes some decreased. That having been said, the talents offer FAR more active abilities than before which also bear impact.

For example, Elemental Shaman can get up to 7 active abilities USED in their single target rotation, excluding their artifact weapons power.

Lightning Bolt, Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Earth Shock, Icefury, Frost Shock and Elemental Blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post

I had planned to buy a Roccat Nyth so I could bind some macros to its side pad, but considering the incoming prune, that might turn out to be useless.
    In the meantime, I don't have access to the Legion beta, so I can't know for now, I could just wait for it and make up my mind once the expansion is out but i'm too curious.
    Which is better for you? Wait until the abilities go live, try them with your old mouse, then decide about buying a new one? Or buy the new mouse now, risking that you will decide you don't need it?
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

I cannot play with a naga to begin with. the buttons are way too small and I have never enjoyed chasing a mouse around anyway. The far better choice is a left hand keypad such as notromo or orb weaver.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I wouldn't personally recommend a mouse with over 7 buttons.
    You can macro more than you need by using keyboard and mouse combos.

Not only do they cost a lot, they try to emulate a keyboard whilst you want to have a actual "proper" mouse.

G502 Proteus Core - unassign all the side buttons in the logitech software then WoW recognizes them as their own buttons so you get mouse 4 - 9 and all their modifiers which can be keybound in the default interface or bartender/elv/randomaddonnotlisted
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted

It was never worth to buy a mouse designed for one genre - unless you have really money to throw around.

This is an album I made with the list of all abilities you can have(if you pick only passives or only actives) in Legion per spec. I would say there are a few specs which require less than 24 binds just for the basic amount of spells. If you plan on PvP a gaming mouse is the only solution, for pvp i guess you can get away with it, but why keep uncomfortable combinations when you can use mouse buttons.

album here: http://imgur.com/a/ya9fD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the class, but honestly, you don't need it. I've had one, and I never use the extra buttons. If anything, it would be good for healing. Other than that, you won't have enough abilities to justify having it. So far on beta, I need about 6-7 buttons total
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    This is an album I made with the list of all abilities you can have(if you pick only passives or only actives) in Legion per spec. I would say there are a few specs which require less than 24 binds just for the basic amount of spells. If you plan on PvP a gaming mouse is the only solution, for pvp i guess you can get away with it, but why keep uncomfortable combinations when you can use mouse buttons.

album here: http://imgur.com/a/ya9fD
    You have a ton of unnecessary abilities bound as well, like death gate, rune forging and teleport spells, lol.
    You never needed an mmo mouse unless you were into tryhard macroing. Alt/Shift/Ctrl modifiers are more than enough, generally speaking

Deleted
    I bought a naga, like 4-5years ago, and i will NEVER go back to another mounse, unless it has alot of buttons on the side.
    Can highly recommend it

Unless you play with a shit tons of abilities or macros... Logitech Proteus is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Unless you play with a shit tons of abilities or macros... Logitech Proteus is great.
    I mean the proteus covers about 24 different keybinds.... not including left/right/middle clicks. Not sure why youd need much more than that haha

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I cannot play with a naga to begin with. the buttons are way too small and I have never enjoyed chasing a mouse around anyway. The far better choice is a left hand keypad such as notromo or orb weaver.
    How do you quick-turn using a keypad?
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by hiramloram View Post
    How do you quick-turn using a keypad?
    you still need a mouse with a gamepad...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Well you can use your other hand for different stuff... eating, drinking, masturbation or whatever else you desire ^^
    Be careful about changing the order in which those tasks are carried out.