Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Your google skills fucking suck. Took me like, 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yes they have. Here, here, and here.

Let me direct you to this addon. It actually works quite well, especially in legion since tab targeting isn't half bad.
    Oh wow I mite have to play around with that addon ty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I hope it will never ever come to consoles. That would mean they would gut the game enough to fit in.
    Clearly you don't know what ur talking about.

Once again FFXIV did it just fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

As with all "set in stone" Blizzard decisions, anything can happen. Do they actively plan for WoW to come to consoles? I highly doubt it, then again, 2 years ago they were dead set against any type of legacy server...so.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yeah, but FFXIV being on consoles is pretty much the reason why there is no addon support.
    On the other hand, Bethesda allowing (or going to) mods on PS4 & X1 may mean Blizz could allow addons as well.

Why doesn't the console companies make a keyboard and mouse for their systems. I cant stand playing first person shooters with game controllers. They made a mouse for the playstation 1. I remember that's what made me want to build myself a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Why doesn't the console companies make a keyboard and mouse for their systems. I cant stand playing first person shooters with game controllers. They made a mouse for the playstation 1. I remember that's what made me want to build myself a computer.
    You can just plug one in on most consoles now. I know on PS4 you can.

I just don't see a good reason for this.

today is national troll day or something ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I just don't see a good reason for this.
    I think the reason is more players. PC gaming is a massive turn off for many more casual gamers, cos "PC iz 4 nerds lol, I only play CoD". Give these players an option to play on their preferred platform, you get more sales.

My PS4 has more advanced hardware than my WoW PC, so there's no technical reason it couldn't run on a console.

But the entire game is balanced around mouse/keyboard, there'd be no way to play with a controller and neither Sony nor MS would allow a game that *needed* a mouse and keyboard to be playable. There's also the add-ons to consider, that would need full licensing to be included in the game.

I just think there's not really a market for it. WoW runs on a potato. Most MMO players also have PCs. Most MMO players have played WoW before and either didn't like it or stuck around. It doesn't really make much sense for them to spend years writing a console client for it. It doesn't expand their market in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think the reason is more players. PC gaming is a massive turn off for many more casual gamers, cos "PC iz 4 nerds lol, I only play CoD". Give these players an option to play on their preferred platform, you get more sales.
    At the expense of what, though?

I'd like it to come to consoles because I don't really like gaming on my PC anymore.

- Sick of upgrading it all the time, it's expensive as f&^k.
    - Don't like sitting right in front of a screen for long periods of time, strains my eyes (already do it enough in my career)
    - I just feel worse after playing on a PC for a while, health-wise. Stiff muscles, nausea, tension.

I'm one of the ones hoping they do bring it. I'm also a designer so I use a Macbook Pro for daily use nowadays and its pretty god-awful at gaming. I'd rather just have it on my xbox instead of wasting money upgrading my PC I'd never use for anything other than minor gaming.

I don't think controller is a great idea, maybe just have it require a bluetooth mouse and keyboard? Seems not far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh wow I mite have to play around with that addon ty.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you don't know what ur talking about.

Sorry I wasnt clear in trying to convey my opinion on the matter. Let me try again.

Considering how watered down wow has become over the years and considering the lenght of time we have to wait for new xpacs, I hope blizzard will never even contemplate bringing wow to any console and that wow will remain a PC only game. This is regardless of any experience there is, there was or there will be with other mmorpg games.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Sorry I wasnt clear in trying to convey my opinion on the matter. Let me try again.

Considering how watered down wow has become over the years and considering the lenght of time we have to wait for new xpacs, I hope blizzard will never even contemplate bringing wow to any console and that wow will remain a PC only game. This is regardless of any experience there is, there was or there will be with other mmorpg games.
    Why so against it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post

Your google skills fucking suck. Took me like, 30 seconds.
    This is a Blizzard Dev, so the answer is N0 for anyone not knowing who the person replying is. Nice pic btw <3

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    They aren't pruning enough to fit the game onto a controller. Its just not practical.
    FFXIV has an interface that works very well for controllers.
    And it didn't have to give every class 10 or less buttons to press.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Why so against it?
    The controls of managing debuffs, clicking in certain situations, and just everything from keybinding and moving at the same time to understanding how hard it would be to port an MMO to a Console.. this would be an insane feat. Blizzard already talks about how long it takes to make content - do people just want us to wait 4 years between patches or?

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    They aren't pruning enough to fit the game onto a controller. Its just not practical.
    prot paladin could absolutely be played with a console controller.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It is not a question of 'if', but 'when'.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The controls of managing debuffs, clicking in certain situations, and just everything from keybinding and moving at the same time to understanding how hard it would be to port an MMO to a Console.. this would be an insane feat. Blizzard already talks about how long it takes to make content - do people just want us to wait 4 years between patches or?
    Ummm this little mmo called FFXIV has done it just fine. So I am sure if blizzard wanted to they could as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    prot paladin could absolutely be played with a console controller.
    I think if I could sit back with a controller I would play prot all day over ret.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD