Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    It's a team effort.

And you wanna compare that one comment, compared to the amount of shit the Collective forums have to say?

Almost 6k posts on MMO-C, and you trying to pull some shit about him being a toxic guy? Alright, m8
    Ok. The whole team who made vanilla d3, including jay wilson, are terrible at game design. Happy now?

It's a funny coincidence that as soon as jay wilson gets pulled off, it got better though. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Who's Jay WIlson?
    A scapegoat that the WoW community uses to try and make sense of some of the decisions at Blizz. (Because, ya know, one person totally has that power for an entire game...)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gc was better than jay "fuck that looser" wilson
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Can we please not compare GC, and Jay Wilson. Jay Wilson tried takng credit for D3 having the most sales in VG history when it was D2's legacy that made that happen, while GC just was confident in his design.
    Do people even read before making posts these days? I already talked about GC's finer qualities and that he was far more valuable than Jay Wilson ever could be, then said good riddance to Wilson. I have the same opinion as both of you, but I wanted to elaborate to have an actual discussion instead of just tossing out funny one liners.

Also, to the guy saying people are begging for Wilson back b/c they want Vanilla D3...LOLOLOL. Maybe 1% of the players want that and they are crazy. The rest of the players are happily enjoying a game that gets better every patch. Josh Mosquiera (and his team) saved that game and I can't wait to see another xpac or D4 from them.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    heard of the phrase the captain goes down with his ship?

oh no team QQ whatever i can only assume you're his family member or something lol, everyone hates him but you just have to love him, it's ok i understand.
    You're just proving my point, really

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do people even read before making posts these days? I already talked about GC's finer qualities and that he was far more valuable than Jay Wilson ever could be, then said good riddance to Wilson. I have the same opinion as both of you, but I wanted to elaborate to have an actual discussion instead of just tossing out funny one liners.

Also, to the guy saying people are begging for Wilson back b/c they want Vanilla D3...LOLOLOL. Maybe 1% of the players want that and they are crazy. The rest of the players are happily enjoying a game that gets better every patch. Josh Mosquiera (and his team) saved that game and I can't wait to see another xpac or D4 from them.
    Yes I read your post, but my point was neither of them were good. Like really, a marine biologist getting hired at a games company just because he likes games?

Deleted
    This is the worst news ever. He brought so much evolution into the genre.

Well i think he did. I have fucking no clue who he is, what he has done, what he said in meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Give it half a year.
    Then people will be claiming he was the best thing ever and Blizzard should beg him to start working again.
    Considering he hasn't been involved with Diablo 3 for well over half a year, I think you are wrong.

A bunch of Blizzard North fanboys here.

I read your post. You literally stated, "To be fair, this was said about GC too and a large portion of people want him back". Thus, I responded with, "Can we please not compare GC, and Jay Wilson."

I don't understand where the confusion is. Who cares if you talked about GC's finer qualities or even that you agreed with my dislike of Jay Wilson? What actual discussion is there to have? The guy was arrogant, and his team took more credit than they should have for the success of D3 and now he's gone. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You're just proving my point, really
    whatever you believe, deluded people generally think everything proves them right, it's ok we can't all be in good mental health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes I read your post, but my point was neither of them were good. Like really, a marine biologist getting hired at a games company just because he likes games?
    Eh...his merits are debatable for his time at WoW, but...Hindsight puts it that the GC era was a more favorable time than anything we've had since. He's very intelligent about game design and when he has free reign to discuss it, he tends to do so in a very meaningful way. Regardless, he didn't get hired 'just because he likes games'. Kinda silly to think that's the case.

He got his job because of the wealth of time he spent developing addons/game modes for Age of Empires, plus his experience playing WoW that translated to the ability to sell himself and his ideas for WoW's future. He had both rigorous coding knowledge and demonstrated the ability to creatively organize something massive. He probably also knew people so he wasn't a rando.

Anyways, all of this is irrelevant as I was refuting that people will be asking for Jay back because he has done nothing that we've liked and was rude. It's not comparable in that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    *snip*
    None of what you are saying makes sense with my post then. There was no reason to attempt to respond to it. I'm being measured in my response to admit that yes, this did happen with GC, but then go on to say how this will not happen with Jay Wilson. You can't just make an argument and ignore things that take away from it. You address them, counter them, and move on.

Yes, he's gone..sweet.
    BAD WOLF

Dont worry, in 2-3 years this board will start front paging his twitter and people will beg him to come back to blizzard. He will become Ghostcrawler 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Dont worry, in 2-3 years this board will start front paging his twitter and people will beg him to come back to blizzard. He will become Ghostcrawler 2.0.
    In this short amount of posts, we've already started spinning in circles. This is going to be a productive thread.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    except this is the guy that everyone wanted to leave.

no-one is saying the ship is dying here, we're glad the cancer has gone.

he fucked up diablo 3, WHICH SOLD 10M+ BECAUSE OF DIABLO 2, not because diablo 3 was an amazing game.

just like blizzard could release WoW 2 that would sell 10m+ doesn't mean its a good game, quality =/= quantity.
    Diablo 3 has become one of the best selling games overall because of Loot 2.0, the removal of the RMAH, and ROS. It's a solid as fuck game, and 30 millions copies sold is not just because of Diablo II.

Edited to add a very important word.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2016-06-06 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are those of us who always liked Ghostcrawler. Back when he went by the handle Deathshrimp when he worked on Age of Empires he was always respectful to the community. I'd wager it's because the AoE community was generally more mature than the Warcraft community.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

In this short amount of posts, we've already started spinning in circles. This is going to be a productive thread.
    It was never going to be a productive thread, just like most of them on this site.

Reminder he has been off of Diablo 3 for over 3 years now and there hasn't been an outcry for him to return

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There are those of us who always liked Ghostcrawler. Back when he went by the handle Deathshrimp when he worked on Age of Empires he was always respectful to the community. I'd wager it's because the AoE community was generally more mature than the Warcraft community.
    I never had an issue GC, I remember him well from aoe days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had an issue GC, I remember him well from aoe days.
    We knew who he really was. Even when he was forced to tow the company line there were still glimpses of his opinion in some of his releases. The heroics are hard piece was him and I completely agree with that post to this day.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...