Faggot guildmate is hitting on me

A member who has previously been quiet about his private life, has revealed to me, in private, that he is a faggot. Not a problem to me personally, but it makes me slightly uncomfortable when he's overly affectionate towards me in guild chat.

I don't want to hurt his feelings and be seen as homophobic by him and my guild. How should I handle this situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy the ban
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

"Not cool mate, not cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    enjoy the ban
    Why would I be banned from my guild? I'm trying to handle the situation in the best possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Why would I be banned from my guild? I'm trying to handle the situation in the best possible way.
    Maybe not from the guild but possibly here. Why? The term you used to describe your guildmate.

A member who has previously been quiet about his private life, has revealed to me, in private, that he is a faggot. Not a problem to me personally, but it makes me slightly uncomfortable when he's overly affectionate towards me in guild chat.

I don't want to hurt his feelings and be seen as homophobic by him and my guild. How should I handle this situation?
    Well now MMO-Champion sees you as a homophobe, you should carefully read what your typing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well clearly you are homophobic so why hide your nature and embrace it

10+ Year Old Account
    not your guild derp.. this website. your language was unnecessary and discussing sexuality is against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Don't Feed the Troll.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the title for your thread. Is there a word there that maybe shouldn't be? A word that will be getting you likely banned?

As much as PC police annoy the shit out of me.. this OP is kinda a dick and deserves PC police.

First of all do not refer to him as "faggot".

Secondly just tell people that want to fuck you, for example, that you do not want to fuck. It is pretty simple. Feel free to replace the 'fuck' in that with any other activity.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    He means from these forums. This topic is not to be discussed, as sexuality is not a topic we discuss here. Especially with the word choice you chose in the title and writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

A) stop being an asshole
    B) tell him that his affections make you uncomfortable, like an adult, though your use of the word "faggot" in this sense indicates that acting like an adult is a struggle for you.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck not coming off as homophobic when you call him a faggot.

Closing, trolling the forum is not acceptable.