Thread: Yooka-Laylee

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Yooka-Laylee

Main Site: http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

So instead of digging and bringing up the old thread which was primary about the kickstarter I made a new one. Here is the E3 Trailer for the game! Release is sometime in Q1 2017

That ending hhnnnnnnggggggg shots fired

In case for all of you who don't know about this game. It is primary made by Ex - Rare employees, the same ones from the 90's that made 3D platformers Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Conkers bad fur day and DK64 until Microsoft bought out Rare and turned them into a Kinect making company and slammed the 3D platforming industry for being "not fun and nobody is interested in" which brought the era of 3D platforming to it's death for awhile. So Ex rare employees started their own Company Playtonic to do a Rarevival of the 3D platforming game and spiritual successor of Banjo kazooie since microsoft owns the rights to the name.

Banjo-Threeie was going to be a thing until Microsoft stepped in, put the game on lockdown until they made it into Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts which featured a vehicle car game instead of 3D platforming. Hence the little joke at the end of the trailer (making jabs really)
    Last edited by zito; 2016-06-07 at 06:27 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's amazing how much the game just feels like Banjo-Kazooie to see while still being extremely unique still, in my opinion at least.

Definitely gonna pick it up, hopefully day one. Also 10/10 ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've waited too damn long for this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    instert MLG air horn get rekt for that ending.

this game looks like a ton of fun and is this the first major kickstarter game that did not have a ton of hiccups?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really cool. Always thought there was a lack of 3D platformer games (correct term?) like this nowadays. Used to be so many on the older consoles but barely any nowadays. Also cool that it'll be out on PC as well

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    instert MLG air horn get rekt for that ending.

this game looks like a ton of fun and is this the first major kickstarter game that did not have a ton of hiccups?
    as far as we know, no. They did delay release though, was suppose to be october this year but they wanted more polish

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Looks really cool. Always thought there was a lack of 3D platformer games (correct term?) like this nowadays. Used to be so many on the older consoles but barely any nowadays. Also cool that it'll be out on PC as well
    There was a lack of 3D platformers because companies like microsoft deemed them unpopular and not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Main Site: http://www.playtonicgames.com/games/yooka-laylee/

So instead of digging and bringing up the old thread which was primary about the kickstarter I made a new one. Here is the E3 Trailer for the game! Release is sometime in Q1 2017

That ending hhnnnnnnggggggg shots fired
    I am very disappointed to not hear any Ukulele in the music in this trailer.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I've been following this game since I heard they were making it a year or so ago (I believe it was early 2015). Have enjoyed seeing updates on music, designs, etc.

I loved that the trailer has the logo like the Rare logo was on the N64.

I cannot wait for this true successor to Banjo Kazooie, from mostly the same Rare developers that created it. Next, I hope they make a Perfect Dark reboot (same game, different name!) haha.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I'm absolutely fine with the delayed release. It means a better game!

Also, that ending!
    Last edited by effs; 2016-06-07 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need it
    I really do

Wish I had big money, so when the kickstarter was up I could of donated more than $20.

10+ Year Old Account

still a shame that it's not coming to wii U. I mean they could just do both but I feel nintendo had more to do with it not coming to the wii u than playtonic themselves

- - - Updated - - -

so I upgraded to physical ps4, do I have to wait til the 16th before I can enter my shipping address I'm assuming?

- - - Updated - - -

nvm found it, you have to add an addon to the cart to put in your adress

10+ Year Old Account
    New gameplay video is up. I don't know how I feel about it. Parts of it looked fun and other parts looked pretty horrible. Also graphically the game looks like trash which I didn't expect it to look mindblowing considering it was for a long time being developed for Wii U as well but I feel like these guys don't really know materials and particle effects very well.

?

It looks the same as its always been. It looks great and so does the gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ?

It looks the same as its always been. It looks great and so does the gameplay
    You're right, it does look the same as always. It's just always looked mediocre as fuck. I just didn't say anything earlier because it was still in early development. Now it's 2 months out and doesn't look even close to the quality of the 3D Platformers that have come before it. Watch some gameplay of Ratchet and Clank 2016 and look at Yooka Laylee. Yooka Laylee looks amateurish in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're going for Banjo Kazooie style, their target audience, not Ratchet and Clank. And it looks exactly what I expect it to, like a successor to Banjo and Kazoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You're right, it does look the same as always. It's just always looked mediocre as fuck. I just didn't say anything earlier because it was still in early development. Now it's 2 months out and doesn't look even close to the quality of the 3D Platformers that have come before it. Watch some gameplay of Ratchet and Clank 2016 and look at Yooka Laylee. Yooka Laylee looks amateurish in comparison.
    I don't see an issue honestly.

I also feel like it's a bit unfair to compare a kickstarted game that's multiplat to an exclusive game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it's not my place to say. I grew up on Spyro, Crash, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper. I've never played Banjo Kazooie, so if you guys who are fans of Banjo like this, then more power to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how much information and gameplay is out there, but this showed up in my subscriptions, and I was surprised at how much information Whatculturegaming had. Not sure if any of it is new, but a lot of it was new to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPJlSgqVQTQ