Transhumanist visionary Zoltan Istvan believes Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton need him

Zoltan Istvan is ready to encourage his supporters to vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in November -- if one of the major-party candidates agrees to put him to work in the White House.

And they'd better take his offer seriously, because he figures he just might be able to tip the election whichever way he wants.

"If we're getting down to the end, and it's close, as expected, this could be appealing to a candidate," Istvan told The Oregonian this week. He believes he could bring a candidate somewhere between 250,000 and a million votes.

If neither Clinton nor Trump takes him up on his proposed deal, he'll keep those votes for himself. Istvan, a former journalist, is the presidential candidate for the Transhumanist Party, which he created in 2014.

Transhumanism is all about using science and technology to solve the world's problems. For Istvan, it's also about actually combining humanity and technology -- that is, creating "the singularity" -- and ending death as we know it.

The 42-year-old futurist and former Oregonian (he used to live in Brookings and now resides in California) admits he'd prefer to work on transhumanist policy for a Democratic president. But he's not picky. "Because I feel so strongly about life-extension science, I would work for a Trump administration," he said. "I serve a cause; I wouldn't be serving Clinton or Trump."

Istvan's presidential run is symbolic; the Columbia University grad and former globe-trotting National Geographic Channel correspondent probably isn't going to be on your state's ballot in November. But he's confident that a lot of voters, especially younger ones, are excited about his campaign. The digital-marketing firm iQuanti determined this week that Istvan was the fourth most "searched for" minor-party presidential candidate over the past six months, coming in behind only the Green Party's Jill Stein and two front-runners for the Libertarian Party nomination, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and high-profile software developer John McAfee.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/today/inde...te_zoltan.html

I think this is certainly interesting, being quite a fan of Istvan, I think he certainly has some good intentions albiet a bit too optimistic.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    He seems to think rather highly of himself, but I've honestly never heard of him. The concept of Transhumanism is one I'm fairly familiar with, but unfortunately understand we are still rather far away from achieving, if we'll ever get there at all. Pushing the use of science and technology for the betterment of humanity and our environment(s) is a good thing, of course.

He sounds like he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People named Zoltan cannot be trusted as they are absolutely always Cult Leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    He must be right. He can see the future!

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I couldn't see him getting anything done if he ends up supporting Trump, mostly because we're talking a political base that's scared of people even thinking differently than they do, transhumanism wouldn't get far in a conservative presidency considering they're still having issues with others things with the word trans in it.

Trump probably doesn't know what the hell transhumanism is and Hillary doesn't care.

I will admit when I clicked that link I did not expect him to look like that.

I was expecting:

Last edited by Hexian; 2016-06-07 at 04:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And they'd better take his offer seriously, because he figures he just might be able to tip the election whichever way he wants.
    Hah!

This might just be me, but whenever someone calls themselves a Transhumanist I always expect them to be pretentious. Right again!

This is Zoltan here I think. Who the f*ck names their kid Zoltan?

"But hon, if we name him Zoltan he'll learn how to fist fight!"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

This is Zoltan here I think. Who the f*ck names their kid Zoltan?

"But hon, if we name him Zoltan he'll learn how to fist fight!"
    It's a very common Hungarian male name with Turkish roots. As is Istvan. I just read up on him, his actual last name seems to be Gyurko. He just uses his first and middle name as first name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zolt%C3%A1n

weird, i thought he was going to appear similar to

regardless i think Trump should give him a job, he'll fit right in.

I love how transhumanists open themselves up freely to progress without realizing their id is just going to compensate by feeding their egos.

A typical setback for someone who cannot stack, straddle corners, bounce boomerangs and/or solid select. Pah.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    People named Zoltan cannot be trusted as they are absolutely always Cult Leaders.
    You take that back, or this fine gentleman will show you his ax. ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I love how transhumanists open themselves up freely to progress without realizing their id is just going to compensate by feeding their egos.

A typical setback for someone who cannot stack, straddle corners, bounce boomerangs and/or solid select. Pah.
    Not all transhumanists are egotistical or trying to compensate for something. Connal certainly isn't and I try not to knowingly. Of course I'm focused on social issues and ecological coexistence rather than life extension directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Not all transhumanists are egotistical or trying to compensate for something. Connal certainly isn't and I try not to knowingly. Of course I'm focused on social issues and ecological coexistence rather than life extension directly.
    Yes, I'm very glad you learned how to erect and employ a bounce boomerang between choosing orgy versus immortality. Impressive. You'll be able to do the three other things and more than even I can imagine in no time at this rate.