Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He was as much of a racist as people are claiming Trump to be. People have been only trying to pump up a sick man with the shiny things, when overall, he really wasn't.

Oh, and to add, I'm not saying him being a racist is a bad thing, cuz it's not. In some cases, it can be. I've always had more admiration for El Haj Malik el Shabazz than Marty King, but I'm saying is, you have to take all of the man and not just the pieces that fit your narrative.

In that regard, Kevin Ferguson is much more influential in 2016 than Clay is.
    How was he racist?
    The difference is that, no matter what you think of it, nobody has heard of this guy but everyone has heard of Ali and that's why reporting is as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lol... get a grip

i remember kimbos video, making hamburger of some guys eye.
    A grip on what? Do elaborate rather than just insult me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Shame, seemed like a nice guy.

Yup, nobody flattened men half their size or got beaten up by slightly smaller men the way he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Ali took part in one of the first big televised MMA fights, and while the odds were stacked against him* He managed to step up to the plate and force a draw**

*Actually that's a joke, the fight was heavily rigged in his favour with his opponent banned from kicking while standing or throwing him (this was only explained by Ali's camp on the day of the fight to force Inoki's camp to accept or Ali would walk). Despite this Inoki's grounded kicks did so much lasting damage Ali's mobility was compromised for the rest of his career and his leg almost required amputation.

** Actually he lost then they deducted points from his opponent to make the result a draw (as per Ali's contract).
    I've always thought Ali was very arrogant and selfabsorbed but I didn't know it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...aged-42-070616

The world has lost a great man.

I remember him from his backyard mma days. What a beast.
    What made him a great man, because he's good at beating the hell out of people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What made him a great man, because he's good at beating the hell out of people?
    He was great at it, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was entertaining but didn't really impact my life at all.

Sucks for his family.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    nobody has heard of this guy
    I've heard of him and so have quite a few others in this thread alone.

Rather amusing that some people would compare someone who was basically a showfighter with a world heavyweight boxing champion. Probably a nice guy and all, but there's far better comparisons for Kimbo. Like Junkyard Dog.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    dnt know who this guy is so he isnt the greatest man alive, great men i consider who are now dead are freddy mercury and mohammed ali and afew others but some random MMA guy no

15+ Year Old Account
    You would think a guy who fought people in backyards on steroids would have a little more longevity. RIP

Every man is a sir. But probably for single handedly finishing the second world war or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is no1 commemorating him? Overrated actor dies and everyone loses their mind. Greatest man alive dies, no1 bats an eye.
    We had a thread on Kimbo Slice yesterday.

"Sir"? Alrighty then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing a "Youtube sensation" with Ali, that's rich.

Some of you clowns have a severe lack of real life outside of the internet. lol
    Pretty much every human on this planet knew Ali.. Show them a picture of him, and ask who it is, and they tell you.
    Now try the same with this guy here.
    I get it, if you liked him, fine.. But don't claim something that doesn't exist.

And for Ali's faults...
    Congrats on delving into the smear campaign created against him, pulled by those that were pissed because he refused the Vietnam draft.
    Because he didn't believe it was right to fight this war. Turned out he was right all along with it.
    The same shit for which he got stripped of his title.
    Since sports required one to run into a war like a trained monkey without asking why.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn....42 and dead of a heart attack. I wonder how that happened?

Probably all the steroids he's done over the years, steroids have a tendency to fuck your body in the long run.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And for Ali's faults...
    Congrats on delving into the smear campaign created against him, pulled by those that were pissed because he refused the Vietnam draft.
    Because he didn't believe it was right to fight this war. Turned out he was right all along with it.
    The same shit for which he got stripped of his title.
    Since sports required one to run into a war like a trained monkey without asking why.
    ^This. Only low-information people hold it against someone for not wanting to fight in the Vietnam war. Middle and upper class whites were able to dodge the draft by simply maintaining full-time student status in college or having their parents send them on vacation to Canada while poor folks (a disproportionate number of which were minorities) were drafted. Standing up to the draft and being outspoken about it is something that made Ali great imho.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    ^This. Only low-information people hold it against someone for not wanting to fight in the Vietnam war. Middle and upper class whites were able to dodge the draft by simply maintaining full-time student status in college or having their parents send them on vacation to Canada while poor folks (a disproportionate number of which were minorities) were drafted. Standing up to the draft and being outspoken about it is something that made Ali great imho.
    you better than everybody huh

us low-information people.

7+ Year Old Account
    <3 Kimbo.

He's a far bigger influence on today's culture than Ali, and that's a fact. Ali had his time, but in the days of yoloswag and overnight viral sensations, Kimbo is what today is all about,... sadly.
    Aaaahahahahahahaahaha

That shit is funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    El Haj Malik el Shabazz
    Most people here won't even know who you're talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    He was great at it, actually.
    Actually he was pretty shit at it as soon as he fought trained fighters. He was good at dumpstering untrained brawlers in parking lots.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    The finest hobo fighter that ever lived. To bad he passed on, still remember the videos of him beating the shit out of people but being a champ about it.
    Of course he couldn't compete against pro-fighters he was a bare knuckle brawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every man is a sir. But probably for single handedly finishing the second world war or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is no1 commemorating him? Overrated actor dies and everyone loses their mind. Greatest man alive dies, no1 bats an eye.
    Because nobody knows who he is? I'm sorry, is MMA something that everyone should be into? Overrated actors get seen in movies on a fairly constant basis, I didn't even know this dude existed until someone posted about it yesterday. Greatest man alive? Rofl. I don't even know what to say to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

sucks, was never a big fan of MMA but he was entertaining to say the least
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators