Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Assassination seems to be the way to go. It's not as flashy as some of the other melee but Rogue's have never been about that. The gameplay is fun and that's what matters in the end. The artifact weapons look sweet (every skin available) and I have been enjoying myself as Assassin on the beta.

Would be great if we could get Ambush back though. Seems silly to be called "Assassination" and not actually have a skill to open up with besides mutilate from stealth (garrote isn't worth it imo).

Also, Kingsbane FeelsGoodMan
    Last edited by 7empest; 2016-06-10 at 01:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Assassination: Lovely!
    Subtlety: Better, but still not for me.
    Outlaw: Awful...

Mained Combat since vanilla, thorugh thick and thin and now I see it get destroyed Have to start Assassination, which is okey but still...
    I beg to differ, Outlaw is a hilarious spec that actually feels unique compared to Ass and Sub. For the first time ever (and by ever I mean since the Vanilla Closed EU Beta), I find the rogue fun.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I beg to differ, Outlaw is a hilarious spec that actually feels unique compared to Ass and Sub. For the first time ever (and by ever I mean since the Vanilla Closed EU Beta), I find the rogue fun.
    Some people like to play the lottery.

Deleted
    Expectations:
    assa:as dull as ever (hate it since wrath, it's even more dumbed down than frost dk which in itself is quite a feat)
    combat or outlaw whatever they call it now: fun if the rng gods are with you but still less interesting than now cause they removed managing bandit's guile
    sub: give back mop or wod subtlety pls?

conclusion: will always play most optimal specc for raiding, hope raid mechanics / pvp meta is fun otherwise I wont have any besides 6buff roll the bones

bleak

Edit: Also losing a lot of utility like passive slow, disarm, smoke bomb, preparation, shiv, combat readiness, aoe stealth, improved stealth for a few seconds, gouge/garrote/blind depending on specc and a ton of nice glyphs (energy, garrote, recovery, deadly momentum, feint and some other situational glyphs) feels just really bad for we have always been a high utility class and now we're just generic damage melee #938
    Last edited by mmoc0791345a13; 2016-06-10 at 07:13 PM.

The takeaway I get from Preach's video is that Outlaw will be fun for a light-hearted change-of-pace alt, but not something you'd want to main-spec for raiding. That works for me as my rogue is my silly fun pirate alt. If I do decide to raid on him, it will probably be as sub.

https://youtu.be/ymAEnXKE0po

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Sub; Pruning + shell like replacements (shadowstepambush for instance). Boring flat dmg buff upkeep.. I like the new shadow dance but overall the subtlety of the spec will be very missed (fw upkeep for one)
    Assa seems fun
    Outlaw feels unique both thematically and rotation wise, the rng is going to be a nightmare though and the hook ability looks rather ugly (shouldve just done death from above animation without the knife aoe and a black rope/chain when in the air)

Nit a fan of the talents either.. And losing sme bomb is just silly imo. On top of that some rather kick ass rogueish abilities go to demon hunters, which are basically rogues with cool weps and wings and i can see the rogues becomming even less popular than theyve been... Was so hoping for a tinker class :/

Ah well.. The Content might be good

He (Preach) says over and over again that Outlaw is fun; he just isn't a fan because it's too RNG for serious DPS. Sounds like a great leveling and dungeon spec, or for any content once it's on farm.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not on beta so have no idea what's best, but I'm looking at Swordmaster (50% double slash + free pistol shots), Hit and Run (if only for always on movement buff), Vigor (more energy to start with + faster regen = more overall activity), Cheat Death, Dirty Tricks (free instant stuns? where's the catch?), Killing Spree (new animation looks wicked!), and Slice & Dice (I like speed).

Basic rotation looks like Ambush-Saber Slash (+SS)-Pistol Shot-S&D-SS-PS-Roll the Bones-SS-PS-Run Through. Killing Spree where appropriate. Cheap Shots galore. I'm looking at Goremaw's Bite and Kingsbane but don't see any energy cost or CD so I'm not sure what's to keep us from spamming them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    He (Preach) says over and over again that Outlaw is fun; he just isn't a fan because it's too RNG for serious DPS. Sounds like a great leveling and dungeon spec, or for any content once it's on farm.
    It's not it's too rng to be at least from my testing on beta. Having your dmg vary wildly mob to mob is pretty bad at least in the gear they start you in. The only thing I like about combat is it's the only spec that doesn't feel energy starved all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It's not it's too rng to be at least from my testing on beta. Having your dmg vary wildly mob to mob is pretty bad at least in the gear they start you in. The only thing I like about combat is it's the only spec that doesn't feel energy starved all the time.
    For farm content, I'm mostly looking for ways to break up the monotony and make it fun again. Having damage vary from mob to mob wouldn't matter too much as long as stuff was still dying and overall time investment was about the same, i.e. one fight takes longer but another goes faster so it all evens out.

Blood Sweat really wasn't any good. The tick rate and proc chance of spreading was miserable. Just staring and waiting for it to proc once... O_O

Quote Originally Posted by MiZeRoK View Post
    Blood Sweat really wasn't any good. The tick rate and proc chance of spreading was miserable. Just staring and waiting for it to proc once... O_O
    Blood sweat was an amazing talent that fit the spec superbly, and solved a big problem with it.

How do you think/feel the rogue is gonna be in legion ? In a good spot ?

I think rogue will be nice this expac for both gametypes. as long as you could gear stats correct.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Deleted
    Having playing beta, and currently moved my 741 rogue to the invasion event, i can say that i REALLY dislike Sublety. It feels clunky at best, but overall really really bad. Assassination i have yet to try on my copied rogue, but it feels like it has some potential to be fun, ofc it is mostly the same old spec we've known for ages.
    Lastly Outlaw.. I kinda enjoy it with the Swordmaster talented, HOWEVER when i use Adrenaline Rush i overcap so hard on combo points AND energy, feels kinda bad to waste resources like that. And i don't mean i overcap a little, but i do ALOT. And a note on Roll the Bones, the RNG is terrible. I hate everything about it, so if they changed it to make it feel less "SCREW YOU TAKE JOLLY RODGER"x3 then i could actually play this spec. (Or if Slice and Dice proves to be the best talent anyways, i know i can just take it but i obviously wanna go for whats best.
    Thats my 2-cents. Hopefully sub will feel better i always loved that spec.

Another note tho on my expectations.. Null and void at the moment after i got to play with Roll the Bones and seeing the blue post stating that "Oh sub aoe is fine, its just different! Dont like it? Do something else, this spec must have no aoe!"

I was really against outlaw at the start, but its growing on me. I will most likely raid as assassin. main issue i got with that is that im stuck with daggers for transmogs (transmog whore-.-)

Never really liked sub so havent paid much attention to it in the beta. Guess i need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I want Assassination to become as good as Subtelty right now. Every spec should be almost equal in terms of DPS.
    I came here just to see if it was going to be in Legion, I hope so too. I enjoy being Assassination way more than Sub.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think all 3 spec are looking fun to play, outlaw is probably to much RNG but I have to admit RtB is fun... mut and sub are both looking good to play and fairly complex, especially sub. Some good burst potential for both and sub looks to have super good mobility. Let's hope they fix mut AoE like they said they would,if they do that I'll be more than happy with rogue this expansion.

Do we know witch spec is pulling ahead on st or it is still pretty close ? (I know still 2 month )

Also damn I missing stealth bar for ShD... I'll get used to it, but still suck to lose it and I don't really get the reason behind it.

Deleted
    We need a lot more burst aoe. Fan of knives is nowhere near enough. Rogues are going to lose their raid spots if they don't buff it.

Outlaw is really fun, though roll the bones could use some tweaking. I think slice and dice should be baseline for combat and not a final tier talent, why is a previously base line talent a final tier talent now anyways? Strange choice Blizz, though at least its an option.