Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'd lvl 2 chars in the first week with Tailoring/Herbalism and JC/Mining - although Tailoring could be substituted by Enchanting for more early expansion gold income

Quote Originally Posted by Nashiko View Post
    I'd lvl 2 chars in the first week with Tailoring/Herbalism and JC/Mining - although Tailoring could be substituted by Enchanting for more early expansion gold income
    Tailoring would net a TON more early gold than enchanting. Enchanting will be pretty much useless till raids, while tailoring, LW and BS have the bracers that will sell like cakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I thought fire mages thrive on crit?

@LaplaceNoMa

What about the relics that enchanters can make, can't those be broken down into Obliterum ash? (Do you have any idea how much they'd give a piece?)

Deleted
    I have mining+herb,
    Where can i spend Blood of Sargeras without crafting profession?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Tailoring would net a TON more early gold than enchanting. Enchanting will be pretty much useless till raids, while tailoring, LW and BS have the bracers that will sell like cakes.
    You're right I completely forgot that there are no weapon enchants!

Otherwise, crafting+gatherer is a good combo, but it requires you to stay in the open world instead of heroics, which isn't what you want to do if you're going for quick EN clears on the first week it opens up. You will need ~70 obliterum when the raid opens to get maxed out on ilvl.
    The thing is - doing world quests very quickly becomes more worthwhile than doing heroics. Heroic base ilvl caps at 825, and you are going to saturate the reasonable amount of gear upgrades you can get from heroics within a day or so, so you're probably not going to be spamming them that hard. World quest rewards scale to +5 higher than your current ilvl up to 840, plus award rep and AP that you need, so chances are after day 1 or day 2, you're going to be spamming world quests and only doing dungeons that world quests send you to (outside of weekly mythic and mythic+ runs). You'll be in the open world plenty doing those world quests, and will just passively get gathering profession mats in doing so.

What's that about Darkmoon cards?
    Unlike previous expansions the trinkets are all pretty terrible this time around. They all received a heavy nerf a few months back and went from BiS for most classes to trash. Since this was the major pulling point for inscription I dont see it being a very strong profession on release. Though devs did say they will be keeping professions relevant throughout the whole expansion so it may recieve some buffs in a future patch. I personally dropped inscription in favour of Jewelcrafting.

idk about best buy im gonna go tailor enchanter on main jc alc on 2nd and then mining herb on my 3rd toon hopefully first week should make plenty outta enchants/gems/consumables

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    If you think you're going to be able to do alchemy without an herb source that isn't the AH, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you want to use the AH, you're gonna have a broke time.
    I know I'm late to this thread and this may have already been mentioned but with the boon shoulder enchants this is completely wrong as long as you are someone who farms dungeons. You get on average from the boon enchant 6 satchels per hour which is more than enough herbs to sustain alch without a herbalist and this also goes for JC and the JC enchant. However I would only be doing this if I was a raider for convince sake. I dungeon and raid and the boon enchant will be more than enough for me to make flasks for myself.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezymode View Post
    Unlike previous expansions the trinkets are all pretty terrible this time around. They all received a heavy nerf a few months back and went from BiS for most classes to trash. Since this was the major pulling point for inscription I dont see it being a very strong profession on release. Though devs did say they will be keeping professions relevant throughout the whole expansion so it may recieve some buffs in a future patch. I personally dropped inscription in favour of Jewelcrafting.
    Exactly. Out of all crafting profs, JC is the king due to bis jewelry.
    Tailoring comes second, because it doesn't need a gathering prof to be useful; Tailoring, LW and BS will get a lot of easy cash selling 815 bracers for obliterum forge. Enchanting is good for tanks/healers who will spam heroics, otherwise quite useless until at least 3 weeks into the expansion - same thing about alchemy. Inscription, I don't see it being stronger than, say, engineering. Personally I'll use engi on my main simply due to QoL things related to it. I will be leveing 3 characters ASAP: tailoring/engi main mage, DK tank ench/JC and hunter mining + some other crafting prof, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The thing is - doing world quests very quickly becomes more worthwhile than doing heroics. Heroic base ilvl caps at 825, and you are going to saturate the reasonable amount of gear upgrades you can get from heroics within a day or so, so you're probably not going to be spamming them that hard. World quest rewards scale to +5 higher than your current ilvl up to 840, plus award rep and AP that you need, so chances are after day 1 or day 2, you're going to be spamming world quests and only doing dungeons that world quests send you to (outside of weekly mythic and mythic+ runs). You'll be in the open world plenty doing those world quests, and will just passively get gathering profession mats in doing so.
    The gear is irrelevant anyway - you'll be using neither the world quest nor the heroics gear in Emerald Nightmare. You should only care about obliterum, having ~10 crafted items by the time EN opens, which means 70 obliterum and 140 BoS.

There's pretty much nothing to do in the world except for BoS world quests and Suramar quests/dailies. And then again - the should enchant alone, even not taking heroics into account, provides more BoS/hour than mining/herbing/skinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

The gear is irrelevant anyway - you'll be using neither the world quest nor the heroics gear in Emerald Nightmare. You should only care about obliterum, having ~10 crafted items by the time EN opens, which means 70 obliterum and 140 BoS.

There's pretty much nothing to do in the world except for BoS world quests and Suramar quests/dailies. And then again - the should enchant alone, even not taking heroics into account, provides more BoS/hour than mining/herbing/skinning.
    140 BoS is sub 12 hours of effort once you obtain the shoulder enchant and effort you are going to undertake spamming heroics for artifact power anyway for any character you plan to raid with. 70 Obliterum is going to be the bottleneck because it involves actually using a profession, which is why raw obliterum is going to be the hottest seller early. My main is blacksmithing and enchanting, my first alt is going to be mining and jewelcrafting, and my second alt is going to be herbalism and inscription. Tomes and codexes are going to be a very easy to manage long term market, and gems will be reasonable as well. The auto-socket crafted jewelry will sell well for a long time and crafting green gems or other jewelry pieces and obliterating them is going to be an easy shuffle from ore to raw obliterum which will sell very well.

Crafting base crafted pieces and selling them should also be of significant value as well since the stats are random and not re-rollable like they are in WoD, and the investment in crafting gear is significant in the pre-raid weeks so people won't want to go for less than ideal stats and won't want to RNG through the crafting process themselves and waste a potentially huge amount of material.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    140 BoS is sub 12 hours of effort once you obtain the shoulder enchant and effort you are going to undertake spamming heroics for artifact power anyway for any character you plan to raid with. 70 Obliterum is going to be the bottleneck because it involves actually using a profession, which is why raw obliterum is going to be the hottest seller early. My main is blacksmithing and enchanting, my first alt is going to be mining and jewelcrafting, and my second alt is going to be herbalism and inscription. Tomes and codexes are going to be a very easy to manage long term market, and gems will be reasonable as well. The auto-socket crafted jewelry will sell well for a long time and crafting green gems or other jewelry pieces and obliterating them is going to be an easy shuffle from ore to raw obliterum which will sell very well.

Crafting base crafted pieces and selling them should also be of significant value as well since the stats are random and not re-rollable like they are in WoD, and the investment in crafting gear is significant in the pre-raid weeks so people won't want to go for less than ideal stats and won't want to RNG through the crafting process themselves and waste a potentially huge amount of material.
    And, gaining the obliterum in any kind of cost and time effective manner is going to pretty much require either a crafting/corresponding gathering profession on your main, or it's going to require that you have an alt with the gathering professions needed to feed your main, as well as require you to get that alt leveled to 110 (you will want the higher yield gathering recipes, etc) and farm with it. That's going to be a lot of time investment, and since you are going to have to be spending a couple of hours or more a day on your main doing world quests (for rep, artifact power, etc.), I think you way as well have a gathering profession on it, so that you can passively gain material to feed your profession and passively get Obliterum while doing stuff you'd otherwise be doing.

Exactly. Out of all crafting profs, JC is the king due to bis jewelry.
    Tailoring comes second, because it doesn't need a gathering prof to be useful; Tailoring, LW and BS will get a lot of easy cash selling 815 bracers for obliterum forge. Enchanting is good for tanks/healers who will spam heroics, otherwise quite useless until at least 3 weeks into the expansion - same thing about alchemy. Inscription, I don't see it being stronger than, say, engineering. Personally I'll use engi on my main simply due to QoL things related to it. I will be leveing 3 characters ASAP: tailoring/engi main mage, DK tank ench/JC and hunter mining + some other crafting prof, not sure yet.
    i think its also highly dependent on how you get your ore for JC. From my experiences on the beta, mining nodes are very hard to come by. So you either spend a chunk of gold to buy it off the AH, or spend 3x as long on a mining alt as you do your other characters.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Overlooked in the thread: unlike previous expansions where it was a big time/resource investment to level a profession to usefulness, in Legion all Legion profession content is available from skill 1. (Exceptions: 100 skill for World Quests, max skill to craft mounts.)

So go ahead and try dual gathering (no petals/nuggets), or dual crafting, or whatever combo interests you. If it doesn't work out because reasons, ditch it tomorrow or whenever and get what does work for you. You just don't have to pick right the first time anymore. This should be the #1 reply to threads like this now.

If you make (Legion) recipe/rank progress in the prof before ditching it, you can even get that progress back if you end up retaking it later, with a vendor item.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.