Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Millennials Don't Exist!

Happened to run into this video while waiting in the doctor's office, found it quite agreeable for the most part.

Ultimately, I do find the generation labels rather arbitrary. We didn't change genetically, nor evolve over the past centuries to come into different mindsets. Humans have remained the same and the generation bashing just seems silly in the end. Are "millenials" going to bash the next generation? When will that happen?

Some food for thought.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

adam aint always right should be the name of his show.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is millennial is more about the change in culture and behaviour as time goes on, just like another 30-40 years down the line the new generation will behave totally differently from what we do now.

Up until now, many things were fixed at a traditional way, working hours, shopping behaviour and such, this generation just had slightly more radical change and demand compared to previous generations.

Companies always want to capture latest trend, and this sudden change of trend is quite noticeable and it is easier to give them a name that's all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Millenials do exist, the rise of the internet and the increase in social media allowing stupid ideas to spread to a larger base of stupid people has given rise to things like Tumblr and safe spaces.

Certainly entertaining if nothing else, though he has some good points from what I've seen in the first half so far.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A millennial giving a seminar on how millennials don't exist.

Millennialception?

I pretty much disagree with this silly man. Most of the new generation people are exactly how it is described.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I pretty much disagree with this silly man. Most of the new generation people are exactly how it is described.
    Well if you watch it his point is that yes....but so is everybody else and old people have always and will always complain about young people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Well if you watch it his point is that yes....but so is everybody else and old people have always and will always complain about young people.
    I hate 60's hippies way more than hipsters, damn I am doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    I love young hot bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As time goes on and societies and technologies change, the way that people respond and adapt to the world changes accordingly. People who were born in 1900 are going into a completely different world than those born in 2000. The generation labels are really just an attempt to label these widescale in house cultural shifts to better grasp a more complicated process. I find them tedious and obstructive for having a more thorough understanding of the cultural climate, but they are based on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I love young hot bitches.
    Ahh it appears he did miss a good point. Old men will always creep on the young ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    The idea is millennial is more about the change in culture and behaviour as time goes on, just like another 30-40 years down the line the new generation will behave totally differently from what we do now.
    I'm with this guy. I'm a Gen-Xer. The attitudes and mindsets of my two Mil gen sons are fairly different then my mindset. My Youngest son is pretty much the text book definition of the Mil gen. He's 19 and still can't drive. He's fine with living at home until he is 90. He just assume play video games with all his on-line friends than go outside with his physical friends. etc etc

And of course, my mindset(world outlook) was different than my baby boomer parents, who were really more silent gen minded

It's the 100th monkey theory. Basically the old monkeys will always have an issue with new ideas, even if they are logically better than what's happened in the past. It's up to the young to see it through regardless of the pushback, that said not all new age ideas are correct.

There are certain attitudes that millennials have that prior generations did not:

1. Kids outside of wedlock is not shameful. You were considered trash for having kids outside of marriage until this generation.
    2. Loss of religion.
    3. Living at home with mom and dad in your 20s and 30s is not shameful. You would have been endlessly ridiculed for doing that in prior generations.
    4. Further to the political left than Generation X. Maybe not as far left as baby boomers, but a shift left occurred.

Also relevant
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    There are certain attitudes that millennials have that prior generations did not:

1. Kids outside of wedlock is not shameful. You were considered trash for having kids outside of marriage until this generation.
    2. Loss of religion.
    3. Living at home with mom and dad in your 20s and 30s is not shameful. You would have been endlessly ridiculed for doing that in prior generations.
    4. Further to the political left than Generation X. Maybe not as far left as baby boomers, but a shift left occurred.
    Some of the ideas are needed in the evolution of the country, that said, they swing it too far "left" for lack of a better term. There needs to be a balance. It's just like how most people believe transgender people deserve what others do, which I agree, but they wind up shooting them to the top of the priority list, effectively not even taking into account what conservative people will care about, and when you do that too much you will disturb them, and then Trump happens, and you have people voting against logic because it's just against those damn millennial ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post

2. Loss of religion.
    1. And despite that it happened all the time. Your families just tried to cover it up so your mom wouldn't have to answer weird questions during her canasta evenings.
    2. Best thing ever, more of that please.
    3. Multi-generational house holds are an ancient thing.
    4. So they zig-zag'ed after they realized the previous one went too far right. That pendulum keeps swinging back and forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Millenials do exist, the rise of the internet
    But millennials didn't invent the internet..
    Baby boomers did. lol

I too dislike these stupid generation labels, because they're false on so many levels.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Fuck Babyboomers
    Fuck Generation X
    Fuck Generation Y
    Fuck Generation "Rage"
    and
    Fuck Millennials.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2016-06-07 at 01:22 PM.